PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets have already inquired about Manning

Status
Not open for further replies.
going to the jets makes the most sense

it's ny (even though they play in jersey)

2 mannings, in NY, all that endorsment cash, and a shot at an all manning superbowl

that's too good for the archies to pass up

2 mannings, in NY, all that endorsment cash, and a shot at an all manning superbowl

You going to keep spamming that in every Manning thread?

The Jets are between a rock and a hard place because they aren't a likely landing spot and they know it but they can't help but do their due diligence because they aren't sold on Sanchez and the natives are restless and now despite their denials he will know that...LOL

its funny to hear jet fans say we should believe in mark sanchez... because rex and tananbum both have thier asses riding on him.. but if they go to manning they know its super bowl or bust.. if they go with sanchez another year they save thier jobs another year...

You going to keep spamming that in every Manning thread?

The Jets are between a rock and a hard place because they aren't a likely landing spot and they know it but they can't help but do their due diligence because they aren't sold on Sanchez and the natives are restless and now despite their denials he will know that...LOL

Actually, the natives I know think it was all Schottenheimer's fault and that Sanchez is really good! I know, it's hard to believe.

I can't see Peyton wanting to finish out his career an organization that is falling apart.

This wreaks havoc on Sanchez's fragile psyche. Also what does this tell the other 52 players about how the org feels about the clown who will be back to QB the team to ignomy again in 2012? With the already open loop outa control locker room issues this is gonna be an epic year for those of us fans of watching the Jersey Shore team implode.

Last edited:
This wreaks havoc on Sanchez's fragile psyche. Also what does this tell the other 52 players about how the org feels about the clown who will be back to QB the team to ignomy again in 2012? With the already open loop outa control locker room issues this is gonna be an epic year for those of us fans of watching the Jersey Shore team implode.

yes..you nailed it...and no, it wasn't that hard to nail it...hard to believe there is a better example of stepping on one's d!ck decade after decade than the NY Jets organization.

Nice work by Woody and Rex to look into bringing Hermann Munster in as their savior. To Oblivion and Beyond! (What the hell is this, Toy Story?)

Mark Sanchez has to be feeling pretty down about leading his team into the mini-camps if they are asking grandpa to screw his head back on and take over behind center.

Sanchez was lost during the 2011 collapse and now it will only get worse.

But to my chagrin as I predicted the Manning lottery has erased BountyGate from the ephemeral fan and media memories. Perfect for Goodell to focus on the DC, GM and to a lesser degree the HC as the "bad guys" and let the draft pick punishment be diminished and more importantly dismiss inquiries into league fav Jeff Fisher.

Manning has spent his career playing in a dome. His time in the AFC South has seen him playing 8 home games, (dome), a game in Houston (retractable dome) and a game in Jacksonville (Florida), for at least 10 games a year likely to be in excellent weather conditions. Why on Earth would going to a cold weather city in the AFCE (8 home games outdoors, one game in NE, one game in Buffalo) seem to make the most sense to you, particularly given the situation with that Frankenneck of his?

Sanchez was lost during the 2011 collapse and now it will only get worse.
Film breakdown probably has him feeling pretty bad, inquiring about manning (even if due diligence) is rubbing salt into the wound.

There are many better places to go if the goal is an allManning SB.

The only thing the Jets offer Manning is the market they are in. Otherwise, Cleveland or Jacksonville are about the only worse choices in the AFC.

Manning has spent his career playing in a dome. His time in the AFC South has seen him playing 8 home games, (dome), a game in Houston (retractable dome) and a game in Jacksonville (Florida), for at least 10 games a year likely to be in excellent weather conditions. Why on Earth would going to a cold weather city in the AFCE (8 home games outdoors, one game in NE, one game in Buffalo) seem to make the most sense to you, particularly given the situation with that Frankenneck of his?

he was drafted to a team with a dome

that doesn't make him an only dome qb lol

14 years of playing a minimum of half your games in a dome can sure pad a QB's stats. Not that Manning isn't a HOF qb, but imagine what Brady could have done to his stats playing that many dome games....:rocker:

His numbers make him a "dome" QB. His home in Florida makes him a warm weather guy. If he's going AFCE, Miami makes much more sense than New York.

Last edited:
His numbers make him a "dome" QB. His home in Florida makes him a warm weather guy. If he's going AFCE, Miami makes much more sense than New York.

Absolutley correct, espn had his numbers in dome and outside and he gets progressively worse as the weather gets worse outside, hes not a bad weather QB. Also there are many teams in a better situation than the Jets, he'll either go to another dome team or warm weather team. He has ties to Miami so thats a possibility, I would give the Jets chances of getting at about 2%.

The Jets Implosion Theatre I think has been the most entertaining hit of 2012. My only problem with it is all the drama is so over the top, it isn't believable.

They are going to destroy Sanchez completely before the season even starts.

14 years of playing a minimum of half your games in a dome can sure pad a QB's stats. Not that Manning isn't a HOF qb, but imagine what Brady could have done to his stats playing that many dome games....:rocker:

Absolutely. I looked up some stats earlier this season (well I guess it's last season now. Sigh) and Brady has played something like 10 regular-season domes games since the 2002 season. Heck, Manning played at least 8 a year his whole career, and Brees played 11 dome games in 2011 alone.

Depends on what his priorities are. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that he wants to compete for championships, in which case staying out of the AFC East makes the most sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes