PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets have a shot at Bush or Leinart

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Gr8est

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Yeah I know a lot of you may roll your eyes at this what with the Pats charging towards another championship, but the Jets are in a good position to get Reggie Bush or Matt Leinart in the next draft.

Currently they are tied for the 3rd pick with New Orleans, and the two teams at #1 and #2, Houston and San Francisco, play each other in the last week.

Team__________W-L______Opponents Win %______Remaining games
New Orleans_____3-11_______.522___________vs Detroit, at Tampa Bay
Green Bay_______3-11_______.545___________vs Chicago, vs Seattle

Hopefully the Lions beat the Saints and the Jets beat Buffalo. Green Bay won't beat either Chicago or Seattle.

Last edited:
Bush is a great fit for them - Leinart would be interesting as they'd have a humungous amount of $$$ in two QBs. I'm not sure that makes sense for them, I think they're better off signing a cheap veteran who can be decent if Pennington can't come back but give them a year to figure out where Pennington really is.

Leinart will be drafted by the Jets.

groundgame said:
Leinart will be drafted by the Jets.

I hope so, they'll be drafting Pennington all over again, albeit a better version. They won't sniff Bush, he's going first and they can't get the first pick because of strength of schedule issues. They'd be smart to draft a guy like D'Brickshaw Ferguson.

It doesn't matter. Whoever they draft will be the greatest player ever at the beginning of the year and will suck by the middle of the year.

Seriously, they should go with QB because I think Chad is done in NY.

Richter said:
I hope so, they'll be drafting Pennington all over again, albeit a better version. They won't sniff Bush, he's going first and they can't get the first pick because of strength of schedule issues. They'd be smart to draft a guy like D'Brickshaw Ferguson.

I think Leinart is a great fit for the Jets, who looks to be a left-handed version of the Steeler's standout QB Ben Roethlisberger.

Here's the thing...S.F. has alot of money wrapped up in Barlow and Houston has a decent RB in Davis. I'm not really sure Bush drastically helps either one of them....So it will be interesting to see if anyone tries to trade up as I'm sure either team would listen to trade offers. I would give them a third plus our #1 and Faulk for a shot at Bush(I doubt anyone would take that deal). Anyone else?

Plus S.F. 's biggest problem is at Wide Reciever not RB. And Houston needs defensive help as they already have a talent laden offensive roster.

KDPpatsfan said:
Plus S.F. 's biggest problem is at Wide Reciever not RB. And Houston needs defensive help as they already have a talent laden offensive roster.

Houston has the worst OL in the league. Assuming the Jets get #3, do they package picks/players to move up to #1 for Bush while Houston takes OT Ferguson? If the Jets get Bush I hope they have to pay through the nose for him.

It would seem that Bush would have the greatest impact on the Jets....Although they may have OL problems as well.

I've heard that some GMs are beginning to doubt both of these players - that Bush, as great as he appears, could be Desmond Howard great once he hits the big show

Same with Leinart, who has benefitted greatly by having such a great team around him.

I think both players will do well, but its a helluva risk when you're bankrolling the #1 or #2 player - you need a guarantee - and there just aren't any guarantees

That is a concern..One thing I believe is that Bush is not an every down back. I don't think he has the size to be a 3 down back. So basically you draft him knowing you will also need a bruiser to go with him.

The Jets should trade down. They are in a total rebuild.

They have nothing at:

QB
most of the OL
WR (yeah they have 2 guys but neither is really any good)
OLB
CB

They are also having cap problems and are almost sure to lose Abraham. By the way has anyone noticed John Abraham has played all 14 games of a 3-11 season after playing only 16 the last 2 years combined, and always missing playoff games. Isnt tht ironic?

DIE JETS DIE!!! AHAHAH.
Okay so im exagerating it a little, but hey... which of you patriots fans actually likes them? :)
On that note...
DIE BUFFALO DIE!!!
DIE MIAMI DIE!!!

fleabassist1 said:
DIE JETS DIE!!! AHAHAH.
Okay so im exagerating it a little, but hey... which of you patriots fans actually likes them? :)
On that note...
DIE BUFFALO DIE!!!
DIE MIAMI DIE!!!

Of all the AFCE teams I hate the Jets the most no question. Next is Buffalo because of Milloy,Spikes,Moulds

My least favorite teams are (In order :p)
Steelers
Colts
Jets
Buffalo
Miami
Eagles

funny how all of them are either rivals, or semi rivals to the patriots :p

Mine:

Colts
Steelers
Panthers
Jets
Bills
Ravens

I don't really dislike the Dislike the Dolphins except when they play the Pats. I like Zach Thomas alot and would LOVE to have him on our D. Same with Taylor.

I <3'ed ricky williams back in the day... i think him leaving and all that stuff happening to him ruined my likeing of the dolphins (minus the fact that they are rivals)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots