PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets got hosed, big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
First off, I think the rule is crap (like the tuck rule, but,,well, you know).

I think a player should have to get both feet in bounds in order for it to be a catch. If the defender hits him out before he does, then great play by the defense. By making it a judgement call, there are to many oportunities to screw it up.

That said, the rule is if a player would have been in bounds had he not been forced out, by rule it is a catch.

The pass at the end by the Jets, the receiver clearly would have been in had he not been hit. I think without the hit, the receiver could not have been out of bounds even if he tried.

Really screwed the Jets over.

I agree! The rule is there to keep players from carrying guys off the field and never letting their feet hit the ground.

Frankly I do not think the rule is crap(tuck rules isn't either), it's a judgement call and always has been. Plus the Browns out played them the whole game how exactly were they hosed. The Jets screwed themselves.

Bad call by the refs. Jets really played with no emotion though (like us vs Denver). The way they played they deserved to lose, but Baked was coming down in bounds when he was pushed out. He was past the goal line as well, kinda like diving in mid air ,the receiver is out of bounds but tucks the ball inside the pylon, he was already in the end zone. Bad call, but good break for us Pats fans.

Any sport...any team that leaves a margin of one play or one call doesn't deserve to win anyways. If you're playing a weaker team and not ahead by 8 points in the last 5 minutes you s#ck and you deserve to lose....damn Jets are wankers ... choke every game in the 2nd half each and every week.

It did look like he was in. But, who cares it's the Jets!!!

The call was absolutely horrible. A similar catch was Made by Terry Glenn along the sideline in tonights game (and ruled a catch). I hate the Jets, but that was still a miserable call.

JETs didn't deserve to win that one the way they played.
Bad call yeah but .... the outcome of the game was just.
Jets were just terrible for most of the game. They've caught
some lucky breaks this year ... this bad call evens it up.
Browns were the better team today.

I'm glad y'all agreed with my view that the Jets guy was clearly going to get both feet in bounds. The commentators said over and over that there was no way to be sure, and I was beginning to doubt my sanity. The guy's feet were inches from the turf and way inbounds when he was hit and knocked out.

Still, I wasn't exactly pining for overtime in that game.

DCPatsFan said:
Let me shed a tear for the Jets...

I, too, would like to take a moment to recognize how the Jets got hosed and are now, tragically, 3 games back of the Pats (plus the tiebreaker).

I weep for the Jets.

No, not really.

AFCE locked up by week 11?

sarge said:
First off, I think the rule is crap (like the tuck rule, but,,well, you know).

I think a player should have to get both feet in bounds in order for it to be a catch. If the defender hits him out before he does, then great play by the defense. By making it a judgement call, there are to many oportunities to screw it up.

That said, the rule is if a player would have been in bounds had he not been forced out, by rule it is a catch.

The pass at the end by the Jets, the receiver clearly would have been in had he not been hit. I think without the hit, the receiver could not have been out of bounds even if he tried.

Really screwed the Jets over.

Yeah, but who really gives a ****? It's the JETS. Out of all the other teams in the division, I hate them the most (yes, even more than the Dolphins). I hate them because every New York ******* that works for ESPN is always all over their nuts, yet they have only won 1 Super Bowl in the last, what, 40-something years? They constantly suck. They have maybe one good year every five years. Everytime they lose I shoot a load in my pants and it would really make my day to see the team jet crash into some mountains killing everyone including Mangini and his ***** tits.

Wow, I feel better.

Okay, Jets aside, this was another example of poor officiating. I don't care that the Jets lost or Cleveburgh won. I do care that a team making a comeback, no matter how poorly they played earlier (like the Patriots have never been there folks) get hosed by officiating.

I don't know why I'm so sensitive to it these days, I just am.

I laugh every time I see it!

Box_O_Rocks said:
I don't know why I'm so sensitive to it these days, I just am.

Take two Midol and you'll feel better, I'm told.

It was not an obvious call, it could have gone either way. you have no way of knowing if he gets one foot in and then his hand hits out of bounds. The rule is intended for obvious cases of a player shoving another out of bounds. If one play is the difference between a win and a loss and you loose you deserve to loose.

KontradictioN said:
Yeah, but who really gives a ****? It's the JETS. Out of all the other teams in the division, I hate them the most (yes, even more than the Dolphins). I hate them because every New York ******* that works for ESPN is always all over their nuts, yet they have only won 1 Super Bowl in the last, what, 40-something years? They constantly suck. They have maybe one good year every five years. Everytime they lose I shoot a load in my pants and it would really make my day to see the team jet crash into some mountains killing everyone including Mangini and his ***** tits.

Wow, I feel better.

You are so wrong. Even if you were kidding.

They DID get hosed...

If this was your favorite team... the thoughts would be obviously different.

If we win tonight, put the AFC East title in the bank...this may be the earliest we have pretty much won the division.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back