PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets give Sanchez 5-year contract extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jets are pretty crazy :eek:

I must be the only Patriots fan thats not happy about this. I personally am of the opinion that Sanchez is going to be a very good QB. He hasn't covered himself in glory to this point but I think he is the type to get better as he gets older. I really was hoping that the Jets traded or cut him prematurely and that he could head off to the NFC somewhere and improve there.

I've never rated Brian Schottenheimer much and no QB has been outstanding with the Jets under him. Sanchez could have a breakout year with him gone. Not liking this one bit.

people acting like sanchez had the worst 26-18 td int season in history.

yeah he wasnt good last year but that is still good production from a **** season. yes i know he had more fumbles too, but he also had more rushing tds.

lets face it folks sanchez is a finished product. this is it for him *sarcasm*

yeah he wasnt good last year but that is still good production from a **** season. yes i know he had more fumbles too, but he also had more rushing tds.

Sanchez is lower average. He is probably around the 18th or 19th best QB in the league. He isn't the worst QB, but he is average at best.

He was a bottom 10 QB even in a year where there was a lot of lousy QB play. Why sugarcoat it when you're on a rival's board? This has been gone over time and again, and it's been supported with the numbers as well.

Last edited:
1.) You're stuck with him for an extra year because of the extension. The extension means that Rex and Tanny have 2 years to progress enough to please Woody or it's housecleaning time.

2.) Sanchez aspires to be in the 16-20 range. Unfortunately for him, and for Jets fans, he's been a bottom 10 QB all 3 years of his NFL career.

Agree on point 1. Point 2 is subjective. Plenty of stats that show he's in that range, plenty that show he's in the bottom 10. With his postseason play and having 32 TDs last year despite terrible o-line and receivers play, you can make the case he's in that range. We're splitting hairs at that point. Either way it's below average.

Much bigger issues dog Li'l Marky going forward vs. whatever numbers he puts up personally. He is neither a passionate COMPETITOR nor is he a LEADER. He ain't too bright, either, and turtles quickly under pressure. The Green Beans are going nowhere with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back