PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets get Thomas Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great pickup by the Jets,, now they can concentrate on other needs in the first round, they will be our main competitor in the AFC East next year. Hopefully they have a similarly difficult schedule like ours. Like the Dolphins, I'm never shocked when the Jets beat us.

We have the entire nfc east, titans, jags, bengals, ravens and afc east. No more product of the schedule talk after this year

You Got that right good move by the Jets will be interesting to see who gets Corey Dillion.

that's what I was thinking. I figured Corey would be going to New York.

I do think this was a good move. Thomas is a very solid back who can come right in and be their main carrier.

So, they only had to swap 2nd rounders to get Thomas Jones but you had to give up a 2nd and a 7th for Welker?

hey, I'll be man enough to admit that the Jets got a pretty sweet deal

Jones is a good pickup at a great price

A guy with 1349 carries (850 in just the last three seasons) who will be 29 before the season starts in exchange for moving down from five picks outside the first round to bottom of the second round? This isn't a "great deal" by any means, unless it propels the Jets to the SB.

At the very same age (well, more by a couple months only) Dillon had his last great season.

Ehh...Jones has never impressed me much. Even the most pedestrian back would have racked up some good looking stats with the Bears last year.

Thta makes very little sense seeing how Rex Gross man was the qb.

per Michael Smith on Sportscenter. They swap 2nd round picks w/ the Bears.

He is a pretty good back, now they have two guys who are not fulltime backs (Washington and Thomas).

Jets basically gave up nothing for Jones. Swaping picks in the 2nd round? Bears got screwed, Jets got a great deal.

Last edited:
He is a pretty good back, now they have two guys who are not fulltime backs (Washington and Thomas).

Since when is a guy who is getting just about 20 carries a game over the last 2 years not a full time back?

It's a good deal for the Jets, but after thinking about it, there's a glut of RB out there for nothing so although they didn't give up much, RB who have been around a while are just out there for the taking right now.

Jets just got better for next year. Jones was good in Chicago and he runs with an attitude. Looks like they got a good deal for him too.. blah.

per Michael Smith on Sportscenter. They swap 2nd round picks w/ the Bears.

big whoop. more of the same for them. he's a washington clone: small, relatively fast runner who's not exceptionally talented as a receiver or pass blocker. lacking in short yardage situations given lack of size.

this strikes me as one of the more stupid things they could have done unless they know washington is a lot worse than everyone else thinks he is.

if anything they needed a power back dillon-type who could show defenses a different look and pound the ball in short yardage situations. they could have also gotten dillon for nothing. who's to say what they lose by moving lower in the draft?

Last edited:
big whoop. more of the same for them. he's a washington clone: small, relatively fast runner who's not exceptionally talented as a receiver or pass blocker. lacking in short yardage situations given lack of size.

this strikes me as one of the more stupid things they could have done unless they know washington is a lot worse than everyone else thinks he is.

if anything they needed a power back dillon-type who could show defenses a different look and pound the ball in short yardage situations. they could have also gotten dillon for nothing. who's to say what they lose by moving lower in the draft?

Thomas Jones is 5'10", 220lbs
Laurence Maroney is 5'11" 220lbs

so that 1" probably makes Maroney a million times better than Jones by your logic...

...please stay away from the interweb.

Good deal I guess, will be curious to see how big his extension is, that will tell a lot more about this deal.

bears are such stupid mofos.

you swap 2nd rounders? ..people were offering 3rd rounder for him

Hate the Jets all you want, this was a great move for the Jets. And I'm a huge Pats fan.

Thomas Jones is 5'10", 220lbs
Laurence Maroney is 5'11" 220lbs

so that 1" probably makes Maroney a million times better than Jones by your logic...

...please stay away from the interweb.

For what it's worth, Maroney's official height is 5 11 and 7/8, which is pretty damn close to six feet. I know it doesn't make that much of a difference in this argument but I sorta wonder why they don't just round it up to six feet.

He had 23 carries for 99 yards against us last year.

This is a solid trade for the Jets. I can only think the Bears have a back at the top of the second that they want, be it Bush, Jackson or whoever.

Last edited:
It sounds like a good deal for the Jets...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes