PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets full of themselves after 2 wins in a row (link)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok..
a. I hope the Pats win, and do like our chances as well.

b. How can you talk about the circumstances surrounding our win against the Rams and not mention the 'circle the wagons' mentality of the 1st game against Judas' Jets?

Our O is still not getting TDs on a regular basis, and there's blood in the water on D with all the injuries. Meanwhile the Jesters are getting more familiar with their team identity considering all the personnel changes, so they have reason to be confident.

I surely hope BB & co. can come up with a good one this week.

This year's team reminds me of an automobile windshield. It keeps getting chips and cracks, but there's a thin film holding it all together.

Do you want to talk about how the Pats dominated the Bills more than the Jets did a week earlier and the Jets faced a Bills offense that didn't have Marshawn Lynch for 3 quarters? Yet, the Bills were legitimately in it in the fourth quarter and actually had the ball longer and had 5 less yards than the Jets. The Bills were more desperate yesterday than they were a week ago. We can look at a lot of individual games and get different analysis.

I can also argue the Pats are getting more in tune with their team identity too. People thought the Jets had turned the corner a month ago with opening up the offense vs. the Cards. After turning the ball over like crazy against bad teams like the Bengals, Raiders, and Chiefs; they are now going back to a conservative offense. Are they finding their identity or are they finding their indetity for the moment?

I think you can argue the Pats have found their identity more than the Jets because they have been doing the same thing week after week and barring a few mental mistakes last week, it has been working very well. The Jets' offense took the conservative approach for the first time since the Pats game yesterday and I don't know if it would have worked nearly as well if the Rams didn't cough up the ball 5 times. The week before the Jets won very differently because the Bills were somewhat successful on offense (292 total yards, 61% third down effiency, Trent Edwards completed 68.6% of his passes, the Bills had the ball for 30:02).

Of course Jets players and fans are going to be very confident right now. They've won three in a row, including a road victory over the team that was the division leader at that time, and now the biggest blowout in the NFL this season. The Jets came out of the game with no injuries while the Pats lost yet another starter. Regardless, it's now up to the Pats to bring them back to earth and feeling like they did after losing to the Raiders three weeks ago.

================================================

LOL, that is a great line.:D

Your a great poster for a Canadian.;)

Well you know, country of ******s as we may be, we can still make a jab here and there. :p

Do you want to talk about how the Pats dominated the Bills more than the Jets did a week earlier and the Jets faced a Bills offense that didn't have Marshawn Lynch for 3 quarters?

Yet, the Bills were legitimately in it in the fourth quarter and actually had the ball longer and had 5 less yards than the Jets. The Bills were more desperate yesterday than they were a week ago. We can look at a lot of individual games and get different analysis.

Agree to the last points but didn't the Bills miss more D starters against us than the Jets?

The Jest defense is playing great and their offense is coming on because of Thomas Jones - not Lord Favre. The Pats, I think will contain the run game, leaving the offense in Favre's hands. This will either bite the Pats - or feed the Pats.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/10/sports/football/10jets.html?_r=1&ref=sports&oref=slogin

“We’re a contender now,” nose tackle Kris Jenkins said.

As they had done against Buffalo, the Jets’ defensive players had sauntered, not sprinted, out of the tunnel before the game. They had walked next to one another, as if they owned the place. Jenkins said this was the defense’s swagger — walking the walk.
In Smith’s place was Abram Elam, who had returned an interception 92 yards for a touchdown against the Bills. This week, Elam forced the fumble that Pace returned for his touchdown.

Pace does not have sprinter’s speed, but he did manage to rumble down the field faster than Elam had the week before.
“The difference between me and Abram is I held my form,” Pace said.
“On the highlights, they had to speed his up to get it in. Mine, they can just ride out.”

Cornerback Darrelle Revis said: “We know we’re a good football team. We showed that. Now, we’ve just got to continue to play like it.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They beat up on one of the worst teams in the league now they are world beaters, LOL. Favre should of been picked off twice yesterday but Rams DB's can't catch. Bills should of beat them the week before as well but they made too many dumb mistakes.

I can't wait til Thursday nite:popcorn:

guess well find out this thursday....:D

Many may swagger IN to Gillette, but not everybody swaggers OUT ;)

Many may swagger IN to Gillette, but not everybody swaggers OUT ;)

Winning record of 50-10 since the Razah opened confirms that!!

Jests, contenders or pretenders?? We'll find out Thursday night.

I'll be there, WHO's COMING WITH ME???

Like I said a month ago when people started to predict the Jets to be in the super bowl.......

....right :rolleyes:

:rofl: :rofl:

Like I said a month ago when people started to predict the Jets to be in the super bowl.......

....right :rolleyes:

:rofl: :rofl:

===========================================================

Thursday night Nov. 13th at Gillette, the Jets beat the Pats (who were at that time ranked #7 in the world) to take sole possession of the AFCE, 34 to 31.

Turned out to be a great game that ended in OT, could of gone either way at the OT coin toss, still a great win for the Jets.

Thursday night Nov. 13th at Gillette, the Jets beat the Pats (who were at that time ranked #7 in the world) to take sole possession of the AFCE, 34 to 31.

Turned out to be a great game that ended in OT, could of gone either way at the OT coin toss, still a great win for the Jets.

That's a benchmark game for Cassel and without a doubt a memorable game, despite the horrible ending, :)

That's a benchmark game for Cassel and without a doubt a memorable game, despite the horrible ending, :)

That game will probably be a sour memory if the Jets fail to make the playoffs, just as it will be for us we fail to make them.

Last edited:

To this point, it seems to have been a pyrrhic victory, in the sense that the Jets won, but at the cost of being completely exposed. Teams now know how to beat the Jets, and even the bottom feeders are doing it. If J.P. Losman didn't suck as much as he does, I'd expect the Jets to lose all 2-3 of their final games. As it is, I expect that Seattle will beat them as long as the imaginary seabirds don't suffer any more injuries, and I expect that both Buffalo and the Dolphins will have an excellent chance to beat them. Sadly, Losman is just the kind of quarterback that will fail to take advantage of the Jets, so Edwards being out is probably a Godsend for the the junior team from New Jersey

To this point, it seems to have been a pyrrhic victory, in the sense that the Jets won, but at the cost of being completely exposed. Teams now know how to beat the Jets, and even the bottom feeders are doing it. If J.P. Losman didn't suck as much as he does, I'd expect the Jets to lose all 2-3 of their final games. As it is, I expect that Seattle will beat them as long as the imaginary seabirds don't suffer any more injuries, and I expect that both Buffalo and the Dolphins will have an excellent chance to beat them. Sadly, Losman is just the kind of quarterback that will fail to take advantage of the Jets, so Edwards being out is probably a Godsend for the the junior team from New Jersey

==================================================

I think Oakland did a pretty good job of laying a template to beat the Jets.

I think Jets will beat the Bills, lose to the Seahags, and beat the Fish. I do agree all 3 teams have good to excellent chances of beating the Jets.

I also think the Pats will have there hands full with Oakland, on paper it is a clear Pats win, all the same I think it could be close.

==================================================

I think Oakland did a pretty good job of laying a template to beat the Jets.

I think Jets will beat the Bills, lose to the Seahags, and beat the Fish. I do agree all 3 teams have good to excellent chances of beating the Jets.

I also think the Pats will have there hands full with Oakland, on paper it is a clear Pats win, all the same I think it could be close.

Dude, if this happens, I will drive to Portland and buy you a beer.

Dude, if this happens, I will drive to Portland and buy you a beer.

======================================================

If you ever are in Portland the beer is on me.:)

======================================================

If you ever are in Portland the beer is on me.:)

Do they have real (Canadian) beer there? hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey