PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets* fined for cheating

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mean to poop on the Jets (well, maybe), but here's proof that all teams cheat; they just don't all get caught.

Actually, drawing that conclusion from news about one team is horrifically fallacious. Not to mention Mangini is not one of the most scrupulous coaches out there. But still . . . people who continue rant about the "Cheatriots"—as if no one else in professional sports, let alone business and life in general, cut corners—need to be pushed off a tall building. I don't care what people say about Belichick being a jerk; his team is undeniable one of the best coached in any sport, and the players (on the field and in press conference; never mind personal issues) are 98% class. When Chargers fans in particular whine about the Pats . . . ugh. Merriman? Tomlinson? Are you kidding?

:ditto:

1) I've said it before and I'll say it again to idiots who think our SB wins are "tainted" or any of this other crap - that's like saying a guy who takes his buddy out to lunch and puts it on his business account is as guilty as the guys who ran Enron. There are all sorts of shenanigans that go on inside team offices that are just as bad and probably worse. Apparently they're okay, though, because the Patriots don't do them.

2) Why does everyone say BB is a "jerk" anyhow? Because he doesn't joke around with the media like some other coaches? When he was in Cleveland the media there took everything he said and twisted it 8 ways from Sunday, so when he got another head coaching job he decided he wasn't going to give the media any ammo. You never hear him spouting off about how the other teams aren't as good like Rexy. If anything, him and Dungy are the same, but everyone loves Dungy and hates BB.

:ditto:

1) I've said it before and I'll say it again to idiots who think our SB wins are "tainted" or any of this other crap - that's like saying a guy who takes his buddy out to lunch and puts it on his business account is as guilty as the guys who ran Enron. There are all sorts of shenanigans that go on inside team offices that are just as bad and probably worse. Apparently they're okay, though, because the Patriots don't do them.

2) Why does everyone say BB is a "jerk" anyhow? Because he doesn't joke around with the media like some other coaches? When he was in Cleveland the media there took everything he said and twisted it 8 ways from Sunday, so when he got another head coaching job he decided he wasn't going to give the media any ammo. You never hear him spouting off about how the other teams aren't as good like Rexy. If anything, him and Dungy are the same, but everyone loves Dungy and hates BB.

Everyone hates BB IMO because of his success. Success is a dangerous thing.

Back to topic.

This fine is a joke. Goodell is a child in a sheriff's outfit. The only other fines I can find for injury reports is when a player doesn't play but was expected to.
Farve was going to play. The injury area is so subjective. The NFL has tried to quantify the process with practice reports. A fine over Probable or Certain? I don't know who is more moronic - Goodell or Tannenbaum.

Favre is still a jerk for bringing out now. What possible reason does he have for bringing it out in the open a year later? Oh, yeah! Losing the last 5 games weren't his fault. He was actually playing hurt so now you have to admire him even more for his savvy. Take one for the team. Your a real trooper, Brett.

Favre is still a jerk for bringing out now. What possible reason does he have for bringing it out in the open a year later? Oh, yeah! Losing the last 5 games weren't his fault. He was actually playing hurt so now you have to admire him even more for his savvy. Take one for the team. Your a real trooper, Brett.

Favre* is a whiny,vindictive,old-pri-k.................the media,just refuses to recognize it.....just like St Dungy...what an a-hole he is.

Back to topic.

This fine is a joke. Goodell is a child in a sheriff's outfit. The only other fines I can find for injury reports is when a player doesn't play but was expected to.
Farve was going to play. The injury area is so subjective. The NFL has tried to quantify the process with practice reports. A fine over Probable or Certain? I don't know who is more moronic - Goodell or Tannenbaum.

Don't forget our game against the Falcons in 2005, when they announced about two hours before kickoff that Vick wasn't going to play. If BB did that everyone would fill their pants. Course back then Taglia-bozo was still the commish.

I can't believe I missed this thread! It was so full of win. Now all of the good Jets fans have been banned already. :mad:

I can't believe I missed this thread! It was so full of win. Now all of the good Jets fans have been banned already. :mad:

Yeah you missed a good one earlier. Think he had 5 posts in this thread before he was gone. Good times.

Heh.. speaking of Favre, was it Gruden who quipped that he was happy to see Favre play an entire game without retiring? :singing:

Don't forget our game against the Falcons in 2005, when they announced about two hours before kickoff that Vick wasn't going to play. If BB did that everyone would fill their pants. Course back then Taglia-bozo was still the commish.

The key to that as I remember it was that Vick didn't practice that week but was still listed as probable. On Saturday, after limited practice he was downgraded.

This Farve thing comes to down to Farve saying he was too hurt to play...a season later. So based upon what Farve, the NFL magically created the great river between probable and certain. Farve and Goodell deserve each other. Can someone fine those two for being Jackasses?

=====================================================

:confused:What am I, left overs?

I have no problem with the fine, I just don't care, all involved have plenty of cash.

The injury report is a joke and it's only purpose is to satisfy the Mob in Vegas.

=====================================================

:confused:What am I, left overs?

I have no problem with the fine, I just don't care, all involved have plenty of cash.

The injury report is a joke and it's only purpose is to satisfy the Mob in Vegas.

Maybe, maybe not- but still, a rule a rule. So you don't have problem with the fine, or you think it's okay for the jets to cheat?

I feel sorry for Eric.

I'm sure it must be disheartening for him to watch as a former trusted member of his organization moves on to another team only to rat him out about cheating.

I feel sorry for Eric.

I'm sure it must be disheartening for him to watch as a former trusted member of his organization moves on to another team only to rat him out about cheating.

Not to mention he named his son after him....

Maybe, maybe not- but still, a rule a rule. So you don't have problem with the fine, or you think it's okay for the jets to cheat?

======================================================

To be clear, I do not think it is OK to cheat, I believe a rule is a rule and even if this rule is vague, The Jets Tannebaum, and Mangini violated the spirit of the rule if nothing else, and there by deserve the fine.

I just don't believe the fine or the rule infraction will ever be of consequence in any form that I would care about.

======================================================

To be clear, I do not think it is OK to cheat, I believe a rule is a rule and even if this rule is vague, The Jets Tannebaum, and Mangini violated the spirit of the rule if nothing else, and there by deserve the fine.

I just don't believe the fine or the rule infraction will ever be of consequence in any form that I would care about.

You both miss the point. Every week players are injured and play don't show up on the Injury Report and the NFL is ok with that. Did they practice and are they expected to play? Tannenbaum's "confession" doesn't even match Farve's story. Tannenbaum says Farve should have been listed because he was injured. Farve says he shouldn't have played.

It seems the specific thing the Jets did wrong was not note that Farve was limited in practice time. Again, players play injured all the time. The NFL will have to dance around this for awhile. Why this case and not another? The explainations will be so torchured that **** Cheney would be jealous.

You both miss the point. Every week players are injured and play don't show up on the Injury Report and the NFL is ok with that. Did they practice and are they expected to play? Tannenbaum's "confession" doesn't even match Farve's story. Tannenbaum says Farve should have been listed because he was injured. Farve says he shouldn't have played.

It seems the specific thing the Jets did wrong was not note that Farve was limited in practice time. Again, players play injured all the time. The NFL will have to dance around this for awhile. Why this case and not another? The explainations will be so torchured that **** Cheney would be jealous.

==================================================

You are rite I am missing the point, I just don't get it.

I've kinda figured all along it was Mob related.

More likely because Brett gets so much media attention and he opened his big mouth to tell tales.

==================================================

You are rite I am missing the point, I just don't get it.

I've kinda figured all along it was Mob related.

More likely because Brett gets so much media attention and he opened his big mouth to tell tales.

Not mob...gambling. On the report or not, practicing or not, it wouldn't have changed the outcome of the game- what would have changed is the amount of money bet on the game.

Not mob...gambling. On the report or not, practicing or not, it wouldn't have changed the outcome of the game- what would have changed is the amount of money bet on the game.

================================================

OK I'm with you. I do not gamble on football so like I say, ehhhh.

I agree with you, and think you have made a great point.

It may have, if B Favre was listed on the report with arm or shoulder, teams may have game planned differently to concentrate on the run and not worry so much about the deep ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back