PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets* fined for cheating

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was here for a football discussion until I saw this ridiculous thread

The Jets, much like the Patriots in 2007, were fined for breaking a league rule. What is ridiculous about that?

Just as much competitive advantage was gained from recording signals in an improper location (which is why they were actually fined...something you guys never seem to pick up on) for game review as can be from not listing a player on an injury report when he is, in fact, hurt.

If the Patriots got fined for not listing someone, JetsInsider would have threads of "Pats* Do It Again!" and "Fire Bellycheat!!" and all that ridiculous crap.

So please, pull your head out of your ***** and stop being a prick on our board.

I agree! It is ridculous that the Jets were cheating after taking the holier than thou attitude with the Pats. Like the Pats with spygate, this infraction is relatively minor. The difference is that the media and fans won't blow this out of proportion like they did with spygate.

Oh man, and the Jets have their Super Bowl coming up this Sunday!!!!

I wonder if the mediots will ruin their pre-game day by spending umpteen hours blowing a rather minor infraction way out of proportion with rumor mongering and wild, baseless speculations?

Knowing BSPN, the headline will be "Belichick disciple fined for cheating"

ooo you call calling out the jets for not putting Favre on the injury list payback lol, pathetic.

Yea we call ya cheats, cuz well, what you guys did actually affects the game ;)

Rationalize away, Jets* fan. All of your.... err... failures to make the playoffs are now tainted.

9-7*

ooo you call calling out the jets for not putting Favre on the injury list payback lol, pathetic.

I guess you totally missed my point about comments being tongue in cheek. And just so that you have some facts, The Jets were caught recording the Patriots without permission in the playoffs and the Patriots stopped them. They did not go crying to the league. When the shoe was on the other foot, the Jets turned them into the league. And it is not against the rules to tape opposing coaches signals.

Man, when I first saw the title of the thread and it said Jets*, I just couldnt help but laugh. Good stuf.

Oh and Chets whas good two.

The patriots follow the injury report to the letter, even when someone has a simple sore shoulder for their entire life, they put it on there. The Jets* could learn a thing or two about how to follow orders.

The Jets, much like the Patriots in 2007, were fined for breaking a league rule. What is ridiculous about that?

Just as much competitive advantage was gained from recording signals in an improper location (which is why they were actually fined...something you guys never seem to pick up on) for game review as can be from not listing a player on an injury report when he is, in fact, hurt.

If the Patriots got fined for not listing someone, JetsInsider would have threads of "Pats* Do It Again!" and "Fire Bellycheat!!" and all that ridiculous crap.

So please, pull your head out of your ***** and stop being a prick on our board.

See that Shrekk; a nice, well thought out, short, sweet and to the point response that shoots holes in your half assed line of logic of trying to compare apples to hand grenades.

Happy now douchebag?

Now, see, I can understand coming here for football-related discussions, because Lord knows it's hard to find anything football-related on the Jets boards.
Lots of chest thumping, name-calling, and other foolish adolescent craptacular postings, but football? Not so much.

But Shreck, my man, you have fallen for the old "Patriots Cheated!" meme, swallowed it so far down that the barb of the hook is sticking out of your navel. The Patriots NEVER cheated. No NFL official ever accused them of that, nor did any other coach. All of that "cheating" crap came from Pats-haters, TV talking heads who should've known better, and fans of 2nd-tier teams, like, say, the Jets, who were grasping for anything to ameliorate the sufferings they endured without having to actually admit that their team(s) sucked.

The Patriots broke a rule from the NFL OPERATIONS manual. Not the NFL Rules Book, or anything else rules-related. They broke a rule about where cameras could be placed, NOT a rule about taping signals, or plays, or anything else. I know it's hard for Jets fans to actually, you know, research facts and all those pesky important things. They'd rather blather on about some alleged and unproven grievance in order to buck themselves up and make-believe that their own team was unfairly treated. Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

So when Patriots fans have a little fun at an other team's expense, you might want to understand that we mean it in jest (mostly) and are pretty well informed as to how it feels to be unfairly criticized. :cool:

Last edited:
Knowing BSPN, the headline will be "Belichick disciple fined for cheating"

I'd bet against you on that, but I have this policy about not throwing my money away if I can help it. :D

Last edited:
I noticed that our friend Shrekk stopped posting. I guess school must've let out. :D

We'll see if his mom let's him use the computer after supper's over.....

Lets also not forget this brilliant points of logic:

If the Jets didn't gain any competative advantage from it then why were they doing it?

This was a major point of emphasis that year and the arrogant Jets arrogantly cheated with arrogance. Did I mention how arrogant it is for them to break a rule that was obviously issued for them that year?

This is just the tip of the iceberg. Where there is smoke there is fire. This wasn't just one week, it is evidence of systematic cheating and it is obvious that it is prevelant through out the organization.

This was the largest penalty ever issued for an injury report violation. Obviously this is HUGE!!! This is obvious the biggest deal ever.

I can't believe they got away with only that fine. Obviously Woody paid off Goodell and now everyone wants this to go away. That is why they let them off so lightly.

Shouldn't last years game against the Pats be forfeited? I am filing a lawsuit against the Jets since I went to the game last year expecting to see a healthy Farve and now I learn he wasn't. We've been swindled. I think we can get $1000s of gaggilions of dollars. My cousin bobby is a lawyer in Jersey and has experience in these types of lawsuits. This is real. Who's with me?

peyton-pee-1.jpg

Not bad; only 14 posts before some ballbag Jets fan came in and scoffed at this, calling it not really cheating, nothing compared to what the Patriots did, what about Rodney Harrison, blah, blah, blah.

You douchebags are so effin pathetic.

40 years of being pathetic will do it to any fan ... :rofl:

It's not a "gay" joke. Gay people do not usually reproduce. I am advising you to not reproduce for the good of the human race. It's pretty simple.

Thanks captain obvious.

Talk is cheap, head over to "P" town and try not to reproduce.

ITStheJETSturn seems to have an unhealthy obsession with penises.

Brady completed 73 percent of his passes in 59 attempts. How is he not what he once was? It was his first game back in two years.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye