PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets fans finally realize Spygate was a bad idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the word I'm looking for.................. oh yea, KARMA baby ;)

Can't say I agree with the Jets poster. Mangini was just a sh!tty coach, and not ready for this level........... JUST LIKE BB TOLD HIM. It wasn't spygate (which ultimately did not help either).

After yesterday I really have sypmathy for Jets fans. I know they were a-holes in the wake of spygate. But yesterday we learned what life as a Jets fan is like. To those die hard Jets fans who will never give up my props to you as you get put thru a lot.

to the Jets players and coaches who rolled over like dogs.

baby_middle_finger.jpg

He got what he deserved. He coached badly when he was here and worse when he went to the Rats.

After yesterday I really have sypmathy for Jets fans. I know they were a-holes in the wake of spygate. But yesterday we learned what life as a Jets fan is like. To those die hard Jets fans who will never give up my props to you as you get put thru a lot.

to the Jets players and coaches who rolled over like dogs.

baby_middle_finger.jpg

SCREW EM ALL! They have no dignity, class, or even an ounce of competitive spirit. I hope they never see another win in thier miserable existense. May they all live in the great colon cave forever!:eek:

It is almost too much fun to go the Jets Insider Board this morning. It's a laugh riot. Mangini's ouster is ALMOST (heavy emphasis on almost) worth not making the playoffs.

"Though those that are betrayed
Do feel the treason sharply,
yet the traitor Stands in worse case of woe."
- William Shakespeare

The poster has a point. He was in over his head once he pulled that stunt.

That's another reason why BB is so great, he has bee public enemy #1 for a while yet has continously fielded competitive teams under immense adversity. How can you get more adverse than spygate and what has happened this year.

I agree that Mangini was a bad coach, but I actually think that poster has a point. Take a look at somebody like Crennel who was fired on the same day, but is universally respected by his players, and around the league. He will land on his feet nicely.

However, somebody like Mangini, who doesn't respect certain players that play for him, that talks about of both sides of his mouth, and that broke the coaches code while backstabbing the one man who enabled him with all that he had in the NFL, will, IMO be blacklisted. Perhaps he has the rare friend in the league that will hire him, but I bet his choices will be few and far between.

Last edited:
I agree with that. I was eye-opening to sit in my living room and root for the Jets. Like a character in a novel, for one moment I changed places with one of them. And they have my sympathy. Botched extra point attempts, foolish game management decisions, and a front office decision to bring in an expensive, over-the-hill QB who finished the season (and likely, his career) with something like 1 TD pass and 10 picks in his last 4 games - it was excruciating to root for that team. Unfortunately for Jets fans, this was more their historical norm for them than the few good years they had under Parcells.

BTW, I would never condemn all the fans of any team. While as a group Jets fans (and New Yorkers in general) seem to be louder and pushier than the average American, like any group they are comprised of a variety of individuals - some nice, some not nice at all. And now that Mangini is gone, there will be a little less about their franchise to hate. Of course, given the history of these two teams going back to Parcells dumping Bob Kraft in favor of Leon Hess, and continuing through BB's returning the favor, Mangini's departure from New England under a stench of treason, all the way up through Spygate, yesterday's game and this morning's results, it seems like there will always be SOMETHING foul going on between these two teams.

As much as I loathe that piece of filth Mangini, I am sorry to see him go. Because now the Jets might get someone competent.

I would also like to say that no one else would hire him, but we all know this is the NFL. This is the same league that thinks Tony Romo is a great QB and brett Favre is one of the best ever.

But since I have no control over it I'll enjoy their misery while it lasts, it's a nice consolation prize for not making the playoffs.

Agreed. I was a Jet "fan" for three hours, and it was a slow, agonizing, and ultimately hopeless experience. I felt like walking into work, hugging my Jet fan co-worker, and going all Will Hunting on him: "It's not your fault. It's not your fault."

Reading that thread on the Jets board is hilarious. Isn't this the same guy they LOVED a year and a half ago? Ha ha ha ha. Now, they want Cowher. Dear God....they are a bunch of morons.

Jet fans have hopefully realized their true place in the world - bottom feeders who've clung desperately to one great season long ago.

Agreed. I was a Jet "fan" for three hours, and it was a slow, agonizing, and ultimately hopeless experience. I felt like walking into work, hugging my Jet fan co-worker, and going all Will Hunting on him: "It's not your fault. It's not your fault."

Hahaha I pretty much did that with the Jets fan friend in my office.

I walked up to him and I said to him I hate your Jets but I feel bad for all of you....than I hesitated and said most of you some of your boys went to far in the wake of spygate but this particular friend new how stupid the spygate thing was which made me extra sympothetic though he was getting a slight kick out of my agony I think it was more ha know you know what I go thru every year and not ha you didn't make the playoffs.

The ill will between the Patriots and Jets goes back a long, long way. Much longer than many of you know.

Return to late season 1966, and the Jets versus the Pats. If the Pats win they get into the Championship game with the KC Chiefs to represent the AFL in the Superbowl. The Pats had beaten the Chiefs twice that season.

But Joe Namath and the Jets had a perfect game, with some successful gambling plays that turned into TDs. And the Jets upset the Patriots, knocking them out of the AFL East championship. When the game was over Joe Willy told the press that he was out partying late the night before, and was still drunk, and had been throughout the game. So much for his audacious play. It was mere drunken stupor and stupidity. :mad:

The Bills backed into the AFL East, lost to the Chiefs, as they always did, and the Chiefs got to go to the first Superbowl. They were barbecued by the Lombardi Packers. But it might have been the Patriots in Superbowl #1, especially with the domination, that Mike Holovak's crew had over the KC Chiefs...

I don't think it would have been any closer than the subsequent Bears-Patriots Superbowl, but the entire history of the Patriots, might have been different, if not for that drunken clown. :mad:

OTOH, we might never have had Bob Kraft as an owner.

Last edited:
I agree with the post that said Mangenius seemed to know what he was doing until he "blew the whistle". Granted his team had a bunch of injuries last year but the Pats did this year too.

I can't agree, however, with the other poster who said "if he can't control an NFL locker room how's he going to control a college one". It's the other way around - see Pete Carroll and June Jones. In college it's easier to get the players' respect because you're always older than them and you control their destiny. In the pros, the players (or at least the important ones) make tons more than the coach and are adults who know they are among the best of the best.

As I said in another thread, I can't believe Vic Carucci was saying Mangenius is more likely than Romeo to get another HC job in the league. Not that Romeo will anytime soon, but I can't imagine people would pick Mangenius over him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back