PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets fans are jerkoffs [merged: cheering injury]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Jets fans are jerkoffs

The cheering was for Clemens getting to play. It was completely classless but it was not aimed at Chad not playing, it was moronic fans happy to see Clemens play. It was kind of a quiet hush when he limped off the field like here we go again. And then Clemens came out and people were excited. We have a lot of dumbs fans.....

The cheering was for Clemens getting to play. It was completely classless but it was not aimed at Chad not playing, it was moronic fans happy to see Clemens play. It was kind of a quiet hush when he limped off the field like here we go again. And then Clemens came out and people were excited. We have a lot of dumbs fans.....

I was in the stadium, and this was exactly what happened. I was on the Jets bench side, and I think most couldn't see what was happening with Pennington. The cheers started when Clemons joined the huddle.

R

Last edited:

As a Jet fan myself, seeing Chad get hurt like that made my heart drop. It is no secret he does not have the strongest arm, but he has heart and he does all he can to play for the team. When the replay of his injury was shown on tv I cringed and thought "oh no thats a definate knee injury and it looks serious." When he came back out on the next series I was very surprised, but glad he was ok (despite the limp he had).

By the way, good game Pats fans. Your team is definately one that will contend this year.

I'm not convinced they were cheering Chad's injury. Those who were are obviously a**holes, however I think the majority were cheering Chad's efforts to get off the field.

Although initially I thought the Jets' fans were being Jets fans, I think your observation is a great one.

I hope that Jet fans were cheering for him and not against him.

As a Jet fan myself, seeing Chad get hurt like that made my heart drop. It is no secret he does not have the strongest arm, but he has heart and he does all he can to play for the team. When the replay of his injury was shown on tv I cringed and thought "oh no thats a definate knee injury and it looks serious." When he came back out on the next series I was very surprised, but glad he was ok (despite the limp he had).

By the way, good game Pats fans. Your team is definately one that will contend this year.

Nice post. But "contend" is an understatement. "Contenders" squeak into wild card games...............

Nice post. But "contend" is an understatement. "Contenders" squeak into wild card games...............

Yeah, thats right my bad. :)

The cheering started when Clemmons went out on the field. Not as Pennington struggled off. Even the TV announcers commented on how pathetic and inappropriate it was.

We may mock Pennington for his nodle arm, but I think he's one of the better QBs in the league. He's smart, tough, and plays his ass off. There's a reason he's starting. I actually think he's a very similar player to Brees.

Last edited:

The stadium was basically empty by that point anyways. Talk about fickle fans, they were gone by the 4th quarter.

UM ............

Sorry to point out the hypocritical post but

We cheered when Tony Eason was injured and in came Steve Grogan.

What was that, twenty years ago?? I like to think that the NE franchise and fans have changed greatly since then.....
Philly fans cheered when Michael Irvin lay motionless on the field and now.....they'd probably still cheer......

I couldn't believe it when they cheered Pennington's injury. That was completely classless.

On side note, I was in college in 2001 and I remember a few of the guys in my dorm were cheering when Bledsoe got injured. The funny thing is that they had no idea who the backup was. THey were expecting Huard and when Brady came in instead, they still said, "oh well, he still must be better than Bledsoe." For some reason there always seems to be a real love affair with the backup qb, even if you don't know who it is.

Jets fans are a bunch of jerks. They are a bunch of frigging babies. Their team is getting whooped so they start cheering when the guy who has kept them in the game gets injured. Classless, @ssholes. What an embarassment it must be to the Jets organization to have such fans.

I was in the stadium, and this was exactly what happened. I was on the Jets bench side, and I think most couldn't see what was happening with Pennington. The cheers started when Clemons joined the huddle.

R

Thanks for clearing that up. I was appalled when I was watching on TV, but I'm willing to believe that it's more a matter of bad timing than intentionally cheering for Pennington to get off the field.

Jets fans are a bunch of jerks. They are a bunch of frigging babies. Their team is getting whooped so they start cheering when the guy who has kept them in the game gets injured. Classless, @ssholes. What an embarassment it must be to the Jets organization to have such fans.

We are not all bad, but yes it is a black eye on the image of the fans.

Imagine the crowd's reaction at Gillette if Brady had to leave with a serious leg injury....doubt anyone would be cheering, even for Cassell as he joined the huddle. I bet you would hear a pin drop, like when Fred Lynn hit the wall in Fenway

Did y'all catch what Brady said after the game?

"They're chanting 'Brady sucks' over here right after we beat them 38-14. That's what it's like to come to the Meadowlands!"

I was really relieved when he came back in, because I was worried the Jests might get someone competent at QB.

But as for cheering the injury, what do you expect? They're Jet fans.

Jets fans cheering Chad P's injury was pathetic

I could not believe what I was seeing. Besides being classless, Chad P was probably the best Jet on the field today. They should have booed their special teams, defense, or Thomas Jones for their poor performance.

Re: Jets fans cheering Chad P's injury was pathetic

the funny part is they say were classless. we never celebrated drews injury. their fans deserved all the pain the experienced, not chad.

And did you notice how many Jets "fans" were still around for the last five minutes of the game? I'll bet Peabody High has more "true" fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back