PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets fans are insane

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping we figure out a way to avoid their new D schemes!

Isn't it the same every year? This is the year that they finally eclipse us...

I would have certainly agreed that they would last year, but they didn't even manage to get it done then. While their run game does scare the mess out of me, their chances are not better now than they were last year.

Guys, it's the Texans! Chill out. Every quarterback in the game would have made the throw that Sanchez made right down the middle to a wide open player. He had two guys who were wide open five yards apart on that throw.

Ya know, we had this guy named favre and he liked to pass the ball a little too much, and like a parent, Mangini just couldn't say no :rolleyes: We still had the AFC's leading rusher dude. you had 270 more rushing yards than us using....um, like 5 more running backs? haha. it doesnt change the fact that we have better running backs. Using that stat to say your running backs are better is like saying your boys are in the same tier as peterson since the vikes only a had a few more rushing yds than you.

Harris is better than Mayo? Look down to your side, I think you'll find a midget named "Tattoo" staring up at you.

Heck yea Harris is better than Mayo! Mayo started last year with the same defense from your 18-1 season (which ranked 4th). Harris was a rookie when the Jets went 4-12 in 2007. He had no help at all from the front 7, Jenkins was still a panther. And in 2007, his rookie yr, with the 18th ranked overall defense, Harris made 127 tackles not to mention he only start 9 games in his rookie year, while mayo started all 16, and only had one more tackle. Not to mention Harris also had 5 sacks in his rookie year compared to Mayo's zero. give Harris 7 more starts and he woulda had a heck of alot more tackles. Didn't hear much from Harris in 2008, because he missed 5 games with injury and played not fully recovered the rest of the way. So yes, Harris is a better linebacker than Mayo.

And, yet, while I agree with you about the loss of Seymour and it's impact upon the line, it should still be better than the Jets' line, even before we get into discussions about depth.

Depth doesnt mean a darn thing if your starters are playing at a high level, if they stay healthy it all should be good. The jets were missing their best pass rusher last week, 1/3 of their d line and still royally owned the texans, talk about depth now shall we? btw the 2nd stringer got the turnover fumble recovery haha.

Isn't it the same
Guys, it's the Texans! Chill out. Every quarterback in the game would have made the throw that Sanchez made right down the middle to a wide open player. He had two guys who were wide open five yards apart on that throw.

Hey guys! Chill out its the Bills, they suck every single year! the patriots are gonna score like 50 points, bradys gonna have 4 TDs 400 yds! <-- what ive been hearing from pats fans lol.

Newsflash buddy, the texans are better than the bills and the bills had that game locked up.

Calling any of our defenses (besides the 06 D...debatably) good is a bit of a stretch. Their numbers were padded by the offense and the fact that we were ahead so much of the time. No one feared our 07 D.

I can see why the Jets fans can be excited. But it could be false exuberance. They may be falling into the classic trap of putting too much weight in what happens the first week of the season. What you see in the first week and what unfolds in a 16 game season could be two very different things.

What if the Jets just were overly prepared for week one or the Texans just suck? What if the Pats were just not approaching last night's game as serious competition and needed to be smacked in the face to wake out of going through the motions or the Bills are just far better than people give them credit for? It is dangerous to make bold predictions this early in the season based on one game.

Or, maybe dude hasnt played a game in a year and half, and as super human as he is, he is still human. Looks like it only took 3 quarters to get the rust off and everything should be back to normal now.

Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves, fellas. Either way you slice it, this game is going to be a barn burner. The Jets are going to be ready to roll on Sunday, Rex is going to have some pretty unique schemes, Jenkins is going to be dominant, they will have tremendous success with their various pressure schemes, and Leon Washington is going to prove a matchup nightmare for this defense.

All of that said, I think BB is going to have some interesting stuff ready for Sanchez. If the offense gets some points on the board, and the Jets are forced into passing situations, I think that they will be in some big trouble.

It's going to be a good one, that's for sure. I think that the rivalry and the hype should build quite well during the week, but for anyone from either side to think that the game is going to be anything other than close, physical, and highly competitive is pretty stupid.

Ya know, we had this guy named favre and he liked to pass the ball a little too much, and like a parent, Mangini just couldn't say no :rolleyes: We still had the AFC's leading rusher dude. you had 270 more rushing yards than us using....um, like 5 more running backs? haha. it doesnt change the fact that we have better running backs. Using that stat to say your running backs are better is like saying your boys are in the same tier as peterson since the vikes only a had a few more rushing yds than you.

What matters during game day is the team effort. It doesn't matter who gets what yardage. The fact is that the Patriots team produced MORE yards on the ground than the Jets team last year. And it does NOT matter how. Stop trying to twist things in your favor, especially things that don't matter during the game. Whether 1 RB runs for 100 yards or 2 run for 50 yards, each team equally produced 100 yards during that game. END OF STORY.

BTW the Jets don't have any receivers that warrant the respect TO got last night. So talk bout the Bills rushing all you want, but the Patriots were focused intently on stopping the outside receivers (which they did). The patriots gameplan will NOT be the same for the Jets.

Your assertion, which was completely idiotic, was:

The patriots do not have a running game.

New England ran for more yards than did the Jets last season. Both teams were in the top 10 in overall yardage and yards per carry (Jets had a higher YPC average).

Moving the goalposts in this response accomplishes nothing, because I'm not going to chase them.

Heck yea Harris is better than Mayo! Mayo started last year with the same defense from your 18-1 season (which ranked 4th). Harris was a rookie when the Jets went 4-12 in 2007. He had no help at all from the front 7, Jenkins was still a panther. And in 2007, his rookie yr, with the 18th ranked overall defense, Harris made 127 tackles not to mention he only start 9 games in his rookie year, while mayo started all 16, and only had one more tackle. Not to mention Harris also had 5 sacks in his rookie year compared to Mayo's zero. give Harris 7 more starts and he woulda had a heck of alot more tackles. Didn't hear much from Harris in 2008, because he missed 5 games with injury and played not fully recovered the rest of the way. So yes, Harris is a better linebacker than Mayo.

Mayo is much better than Harris, actually. Frankly, I'm stunned that even a Jets fans would be silly enough to claim Harris is superior. I suppose I shouldn't be, given the rest of your post, though. You are proving precisely the point of the O.P.

Depth doesnt mean a darn thing if your starters are playing at a high level, if they stay healthy it all should be good. The jets were missing their best pass rusher last week, 1/3 of their d line and still royally owned the texans, talk about depth now shall we? btw the 2nd stringer got the turnover fumble recovery haha.

That must be why Jenkins, by his own admission, ran out of gas last season. Depth doesn't mean a 'darn' thing.

Do you take this act up on the comedy stage?

Hey guys! Chill out its the Bills, they suck every single year! the patriots are gonna score like 50 points, bradys gonna have 4 TDs 400 yds! <-- what ive been hearing from pats fans lol.

Newsflash buddy, the texans are better than the bills and the bills had that game locked up.

No one here is placing orders for World Champion gear...or acting like they will be if they win a game in week two.

What matters during game day is the team effort. It doesn't matter who gets what yardage. The fact is that the Patriots team produced MORE yards on the ground than the Jets team last year. And it does NOT matter how. Stop trying to twist things in your favor, especially things that don't matter during the game. Whether 1 RB runs for 100 yards or 2 run for 50 yards, each team equally produced 100 yards during that game. END OF STORY.

LOL dude, talk about twisting things in ones own favor. THE JETS HAVE BETTER RUNNING BACKS, PURE AND SIMPLE! Any serious pats fan will not dispute that!. I acknowledge you have a HOF QB and a HOF qb, and you cant even admit our RBs are better than yours.

Jets fans acting like they know football. How funny.

Give them some credit, Jets fans that are literate enough to read, write and interact on a message board is something to behold. ;)

LOL dude, talk about twisting things in ones own favor. THE JETS HAVE BETTER RUNNING BACKS, PURE AND SIMPLE! Any serious pats fan will not dispute that!. I acknowledge you have a HOF QB and a HOF qb, and you cant even admit our RBs are better than yours.

Do you believe that running game and running backs are synonymous?

No one here is placing orders for World Champion gear...or acting like they will be if they win a game in week two.

Dude, all I hear from pats fans is "19-0 2009!" or some variation of that. Are you telling me you guys dont get pumped for every game? Im even pumped for pre season, I wait year round for football season its finally here, were playing a division rival, its great, I get excited about every game regardless of who we play. I dont act like im sedated, its impossible.

lol, those new roughing the passer rules were made for Brady, everyone knows that! We can't let stars get hit hard anymore :rolleyes:

Brady's got two rules under his belt, the tuck rule, and now the quarterback is made of glass rule.

Uh, the tuck rule wasnt made because of brady, it was in the books way before that. And Wilforks hit was now where near trents knees and you know it. It was a pusy call.

Uh, the tuck rule wasnt made because of brady, it was in the books way before that. And Wilforks hit was now where near trents knees and you know it. It was a pusy call.

it was a terrible call, but they are cautious now because of Brady, they talked about this when the owners had their meeting in the offseason and they settled on these new rules. One of which is you cant throw your full body weight on the QB after he throws the ball.

Do you believe that running game and running backs are synonymous?

Were talking positions!!! Like we were just saying, I claimed that our linebackers and running backs were better, and you tout the fact that as a team you have 200 something more rushing yards. who cares!? were talking which team is better at which positions.

They are cautious because star QBs are huge cash cows. I'd be more inclined to call it the Kimo/ Fat Vince rule though. Vince got that roughing the passer call because his name is Vince Wilfork, not because he 'roughed' the passer.

Were talking positions!!! Like we were just saying, I claimed that our linebackers and running backs were better, and you tout the fact that as a team you have 200 something more rushing yards. who cares!? were talking which team is better at which positions.

Performance > "Names"

Give me the team that rushes for 200 yards more over the one that has the supposedly bigger "names".

I think the thing people are doing, which they probably shouldnt, is basing how good teams are based on 1 game. the jets blew out the texans, we, quite frankly, got lucky to beat the bills.

what i look at, for the pats at least, is the progress of brady. he has to be better, there is no question about that. he looked a little better later in the game. i think the red zone production was something brady seemed to struggle most with. he didnt make great plays there until late, and even made a bad check to a draw to faulk earlier in the game, running to what appeared to be a RCB blitz.

jets have reason for optimism. sanchez looked great and their D was great. 1 game is 1 game though. we will see on sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back