PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets Fan Coming To Foxborough - Advice?

Wear one of these. You won't like the result ;).

brownpapernats1.jpg

The best thing to do is to stop in Providence, park near the train station, and catch the Foxborough express train at 7:00 PM. It will come directly to the stadium and drop you off by 7:15.

It is a cash ticket train and runs on track #3. Pay no attention to the Amtrak officials who pretend to not know anything about it, as they are just jealous because it is not one of theirs. Just wait on the track. It will come, I promise.

You can catch the same train back 30 minutes after the game.

;)

How did you win the tickets? You'll find that Patriots fans are generally quite nice to opposing team's fans IF they behave themselves. If you choose to act like a typical Green Beans fan -- loud, drunk, obnoxious, immature -- you hopefully will get bounced from the stadium. If you are relatively quiet and respectful (which is advisable -- I hate sitting near demonstrative visiting fans), there will be no problem. Park about a mile from the stadium at an outlying private lot and you'll be fine. You might want to consider giving your tickets to a Pats fan. Just keep in mind that you will be driving a long way just to be disappointed in your team's losing performance.

Thanks for the info - can you tailgate in the private lots? On the tix - Damien Woody was giving away tickets on twitter, and I was lucky enough to be the first to answer one of his trivia questions.

Congratulations on winning the tickets, and I hope you enjoy every part of the experience that doesn't involve a Jets victory. As others have noted, if a quick exit is your hope, parking far away, and walking to the stadium, is the way to go. Bring a good amount of money with you, because the parking rates are ridiculously high.

Heh - thanks, sounds like my hopes for Danny Woodhead: a lot of personal success on a team that never wins anything meaningful :D

Seriously guys - great info, much appreciated.

My advice would be to not waste your time and/or money and sell your tickets at face value to a Patriots fan much like myself.:D (PM me if you're interested;)) or switch teams and know the feeling of rooting for a winner. If you must go, be respectful and have a good time.

I've been to many games and have met many opposing fans, if your respectful and not obnoxious, things will be fine except for the jawing back and forth, mostly in jest, (um no pun intended) BUT, and I want you to be aware, JETS fans are different, we look at them differently :eek: than any other opposing fan, there's almost an instant snarl that forms on the brows of Pats fans at the mear mention of the Jets. So you need to be extra careful of what you say and how you say it. BTW Were are your seats?
Other than all the other advise, have a ball, :rocker:

I always wear my team's colors when going to road games. Just don't be loud about it if/when the Jets score.

Buying some of the guys around you beers at the start of the game is the best way to keep things cool. It will be the best $30-40 you spend all night.

Listen, dont listen to these guys. PARK IN THE STADIUM, there is no long wait to get out. That bridge in foxboro you might want to jump off after the game. When you go to the food vendors ask for the Jets special WITH sauce. Get drunk beligerent and get punched in the face. Its always good luck when a Patriots fan beat you down. :D Enjoy the game and drink and drive home :D

I usually go to every Jets game at Gillette. The Jets fans attending and tailgating wear their colors without any problems that I've seen. Just follow the advice here and cheer but don't taunt if the Jets happen to make a big play. Don't consume too much alcohol because it's likely that then you'll do something you wouldn't ordinarily do and get into a situation.

Listen, dont listen to these guys. PARK IN THE STADIUM, there is no long wait to get out. That bridge in foxboro you might want to jump off after the game. When you go to the food vendors ask for the Jets special WITH sauce. Get drunk beligerent and get punched in the face. Its always good luck when a Patriots fan beat you down. :D Enjoy the game and drink and drive home :D

There's always one.

Enjoy the game and drink and drive home

That's bad advice. Because if he runs into MY car on the way out, I will take special delight in making his green and white jersey green and red.

Doggin, you're not bringing your 8-year old son with you by any chance, are you? You might want to put a helmet and pads on him.

Thanks for the info - can you tailgate in the private lots?

Yes, of course you can tailgate in the private lots. But only if you bring an extra case of beer to share with the Patriots fans tailgating around you. It can't be cheap beer, either. And it better not be in green bottles.

I've been to many games and have met many opposing fans, if your respectful and not obnoxious, things will be fine except for the jawing back and forth, mostly in jest, (um no pun intended) BUT, and I want you to be aware, JETS fans are different, we look at them differently :eek: than any other opposing fan, there's almost an instant snarl that forms on the brows of Pats fans at the mear mention of the Jets. So you need to be extra careful of what you say and how you say it. BTW Were are your seats?
Other than all the other advise, have a ball, :rocker:

Ha - had a feeling. :D

On the tix - I actually have no idea where they are. Won't know till I pick them up at will call. Wherever the players' seats are, I guess.

Doggin, you're not bringing your 8-year old son with you by any chance, are you? You might want to put a helmet and pads on him.

:D

Actually, I'm bringing my sister (it was her birthday last week)

(*mentally prepares for barrage of insults/trash talk* :D )

Hey guys. I just won a pair of tickets to the game Monday Night, and I have two questions.

1) How do you guys treat opposing fans at the stadium? I'm not talking about trash-talking schmucks - just people who show up and root for the opponent (cheer the good plays, etc.).

2) I'm driving up from NY, then driving back after the game. What's the parking situation like, and where should I plan to park if I want to get out as quickly as possible?

The crowd will be fine. It's the trash talkin' "schmucks" that catch a barrage of sheeeeet....and that is true at every NFL venue.

Park accross the street from the stadium and be prepared to pay $40. Many say park a mile away and save $10....screw that. It's supposed to be 26 degrees....worth an extra $10. However, you want to get out "quickly" - park a mile down the street.....and trust me, "quickly" is a relative term. Traffic at Gillette is the WORST. THE WORST.

As long as your not one of those azzclowns that posts regularly on GangGreen. I tried reading that crap for about 5 minutes until I realized I was on a forum inhabited by dimwitted 12-14 year-olds that wear their pants around their ankles, hats sideways, and think their all gangsta.

Last edited:
I usually go to every Jets game at Gillette. The Jets fans attending and tailgating wear their colors without any problems that I've seen. Just follow the advice here and cheer but don't taunt if the Jets happen to make a big play. Don't consume too much alcohol because it's likely that then you'll do something you wouldn't ordinarily do and get into a situation.

Yep - there's actually a surprising number of locals who are Jets fans so you won't be alone

Gillette security is committed to keeping it a pleasant experience for all fans - I've seen them bounce drunk or obnoxious fans regardless of who they're cheering for... if you have any problems track them down

Personally I like taking the train - it does limit tailgaiting but I'm somewhat beyond that stage

MBTA > Riding the T > Patriots

If you're driving from NYC coming up 95 to Providence or Attleboro train stations might be a good option for you

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back