PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets Defense Gives up 34 Straight Points

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its one game. I wish I could say the same thing about the pats defense. The jets D has been great since Ryan took over. Pats D on the other hand has been weak to poor for years. The fact is the jets have better pieces on D than that pats do.

Ranking

Jets 6th
Pats 31st

Jets 3rd
Pats 25th

Jets 1st
Pats 11th

2009 and 2010. 2011 statistic is irrelevant it's based on 3 games and the Jets D didn't face pass happy squads like the patriots did in Rivers, and Fitzgerald. oh and I mean pass happy squads who don't suck like the Jags.

I get the point you're trying to make, but this does little to console me. How does pointing out another teams problems make our team's problems any better. The fact that the Jets gave up so many points to a team that you don't think has a real QB does nothing to diminish the fact that the Patriots can't generate a pass rush, the secondary is weak, and they can't stop anyone when it matters most. I don't even know if the youth argument can be used anymore with all the veteran defensive linemen now employed by the team. I just don't know.

Maybe this is an overreaction to a loss on my part. What I saw today was pitiful, however. BB is supposed to be a defensive mastermind, yet we've been talking about the ineffectiveness of the defense for the better part of three seasons now. It's a broken record now.

I think the lesson in that post is that very few fans here would say that the Jets season is over, their defense stinks, and has no chance to improve, while 80% of posters on this board are saying that about the Pats, when the Jets have been as bad or worse in both this game and against Dallas than we were today.

Its one game. I wish I could say the same thing about the pats defense. The jets D has been great since Ryan took over. Pats D on the other hand has been weak to poor for years. The fact is the jets have better pieces on D than that pats do and apparently a better defensive head coach.

Ranking

Jets 6th
Pats 31st

Jets 3rd
Pats 25th

Jets 1st
Pats 11th

So yards win football games now?

Last edited:
So far, the Jets defense has only been able to shut down Luke McCown. Otherwise, they haven't been much better than the Pats. And the Jets are a team that lives and dies on their defense.

Either the Jets defense is taking a major step back this year or it just goes to show that defenses are way behind offenses and there is a lot of room for all defenses to grow.

Yep. /endofstory

Its one game. I wish I could say the same thing about the pats defense. The jets D has been great since Ryan took over. Pats D on the other hand has been weak to poor for years. The fact is the jets have better pieces on D than that pats do and apparently a better defensive head coach.

Ranking

Jets 6th
Pats 31st

Jets 3rd
Pats 25th

Jets 1st
Pats 11th

So the Jets first game vs. the Cowboys was just practice? The fact that the Jets gave up 390 yards and 24 points to the Cowboys week one doesn't count? The Jets are only so high on defense right now is because they were lucky enough to face Luke McCown who wouldn't even be able to make the Pats roster.

Jets will struggle this year. They've only beat weak teams so far. I think we will destroy them this season!

So far, the Jets defense has only been able to shut down Luke McCown. Otherwise, they haven't been much better than the Pats. And the Jets are a team that lives and dies on their defense.

Either the Jets defense is taking a major step back this year or it just goes to show that defenses are way behind offenses and there is a lot of room for all defenses to grow.

Look at all the scoring this weekend, even all 3 weeks of this season.

I believe I know what the problem is: The lack of any meaningful training camps. Folks were hollering about how New England needed to get younger, so the team got younger.

Well, youth doesn't always equal improvement. Youth helps with stamina, perhaps, but it also requires support from coaches and veterans to help them make the transition from College to the Pros. That doesn't happen in 3-week's time.

These young players missed out on weeks and weeks of bonding, of learning each others styles, of figuring out the playbook, or practicing their assignments. They only really had about 4 weeks to become a team.

Now, our offense can go great guns because most all of our veterans returned. But the defense has taken some hits through youth, new faces trying to learn the system, injuries, etc.

Yes, you need to be able to step it up when you become a pro. No excuses. But it doesn't happen overnight and the stupid strike is as much to blame for what we see happening all over the league as any other single thing.

That's my opinion, YMMV.

Respects,

So the Jets first game vs. the Cowboys was just practice? The fact that the Jets gave up 390 yards and 24 points to the Cowboys week one doesn't count? The Jets are only so high on defense right now is because they were lucky enough to face Luke McCown who wouldn't even be able to make the Pats roster.

The jets have done a much better job on their D than the pats have. Right now the pats are offensive first which I understand because that seems to be where the league is headed. Regardless the jets can survive if their QB has a bad game; the pats on the other hand are cooked.

I firmly believe that everyone's defense is bad at this point. That doesn't make ours any better, but hey, you win games by outscoring the opponent, whether that's 51-50, 34-31, or 3-2. The offense played below its normal level this week, the defense played about as well as we've come to expect.

Gwedd..

YMMV ??

Got me on that one :D

You're wrong. We have no talent anywhere on defense at any level, our QB is overrated, and our head coach is a bum who can't draft any good players ever.

Gronk and Hernandez? seem like decent draft pics to me.

This teams a top contender every year, I want to see them get another SB as much as anyone else but trashing the 2 hardest working people in the nfl doesn't seem like a recipe for success.:cool:

i wanted to wait until the game was over before I brought this up, but the jets D is supposedly one of the top in the league, and they got destroyed by the raiders, a team that doesn't even have a real QB, we gave that much up to a team that has the highest PPG in the league....

and we had 4 turnovers, and 1 of them was a pick 6

our D needs to fix some serious problems, but its not only a Patriot problem

But the Jets suck.

The jets have done a much better job on their D than the pats have. Right now the pats are offensive first which I understand because that seems to be where the league is headed. Regardless the jets can survive if their QB has a bad game; the pats on the other hand are cooked.

I don't think the Jets can afford Sanchez having a bad game. He had a career high in passing yards today and the Jets lost by 10. He had another near career game in passing yards vs. the Cowboys and they would have lost if Romo didn't nearly single handily lose the game for the Cowboys.

The Pats defense gave up 27 points today, the jets gave up 34. In three weeks, the Jets have given up 61 points (and that includes the 3 points vs. McCown) and the Pats defense has given up 69 points. I don't see much difference between defenses other than the Pats haven't played a marginal back up in Luke McCown.

On Any Given Sunday even a Blind Squirrel can find a nut once in a while.

images

The Jets are great and we suck. Everyone on this site knows it, so don't dare suggest anything otherwise.

I think the rules favor high scoring games. The era of great defenses is over. Don't commit stupid penalties and don't turn the ball over and you should win.

Gronk and Hernandez? seem like decent draft pics to me.

This teams a top contender every year, I want to see them get another SB as much as anyone else but trashing the 2 hardest working people in the nfl doesn't seem like a recipe for success.:cool:

The comeback was being sarcastic.

SAnchez had a great game and they still lose...love it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back