PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets DB Eric Smith fined $7,500 on flagrant hit to Welker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Echoing what most others have said. Disappointed that Smith wasn't fined more, but surprised that he was fined at all. Not because I thought he shouldn't have been fined... he most definitely should have... but that the league tends to look the other way when the Pats are the victims (and quite contrary when they are the perpetrators).

All this off topic talk about Yes and prog rock finally inspired my new avatar. :D

Im sure Rex and the Jets are picking up the tab on that fine. It basically won them the game.

All this off topic talk about Yes and prog rock finally inspired my new avatar. :D

That's pretty cool! :rocker: By the way, it's a little known fact that Jon Anderson is a big NFL fan (I think he follows the 49ers).

An eye for a freaking eye - I won't have closure on this until he gets clotheslined by a young Richard Kiel.

MY 2 most favorite things all rolled into one. Nice.

I woulda guessed yer a Police head.

Now all we have to do is go up to San Pierda, or wherever it is where Anderson owns about half of the California coastline, get him away from that flaky woman, kidnap him and lock him in a room with Chris, Steve, Alan, & Rick 'till they work things out for one last album & tour. Oh, and permanently send Benoit David to a desert island.

Oh yeah, and go Pats! <<== I wouldn't want Shmessy to accuse me of hijacking a thread. Hey, its Saturday night, so no big volume 'er nuthin' right now, so big deal.

Rock 'n Roll is dead. :hijacked:

Yo! Rap is killah!

I have a wide array of musical preferences. On my iPod, I have everything from Black Sabbath to Blue Oyster Cult to Biggie Smalls to Hanz Zimmer to Andrea Bocelli to T.I to Pennywise to Metallica. Come at me bro!!! :cool:

Last edited:
That's pretty cool! :rocker: By the way, it's a little known fact that Jon Anderson is a big NFL fan (I think he follows the 49ers).

Yeah he's a 49ers fan. He mentioned it during the solo show a month ago I was at which was the week before the Vikings/49ers preseason game.

Pewsterbaby said:
I woulda guessed yer a Police head.

Yep. That's where the nickname is from.

Pewsterbaby said:
Now all we have to do is go up to San Pierda, or wherever it is where Anderson owns about half of the California coastline, get him away from that flaky woman, kidnap him and lock him in a room with Chris, Steve, Alan, & Rick 'till they work things out for one last album & tour. Oh, and permanently send Benoit David to a desert island.

While I love the Magnification album I too would love to see one real last album with Joh, Steve, Chris, Alan, and Rick.

Last edited:
I have a wide array of musical preferences. On my iPod, I have everything from Black Sabbath to Blue Oyster Cult to Biggie Smalls to Hanz Zimmer to Andrea Bocelli to T.I to Pennywise to Metallica. Come at me bro!!! :cool:

Clint says, "Real men don't have candy ass limp wristed iPods"

Last edited:
Clint says, "Real men don't have candy ass limp wristed iPods"

1. I'll have you know that my wrist is among the strongest in the South.

2. I only use the iPod when I'm in doors and nobody can see me. Otherwise, I'm using a Walkman.

2. I only use the iPod when I'm in doors and nobody can see me. Otherwise, I'm using a Walkman.

You mean like this....

walkman.gif

..... if so then rawk on! :rocker:

So, Chung gets fined $5K for a hit that didn't even draw a flag in week one. Smith only has to pay $2500 more even though he was penalized during the game and has a similar, high profile incident in the past?

That's some crazy conversion chart they have at the NFL offices :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back