PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets DB Eric Smith fined $7,500 on flagrant hit to Welker

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i guess if somebody clips Sanchez and tears up his knee its just Football. .

==========================================

I would say that is a true statement.

Chrebet, Pennington, Coles, Leon, Jenkins all got hurt playing football.

I remember the Pats knocking out 2 QBs in a matter of 6 plays to start the Jets season.

Don't hate the player hate the game.

Look pattycake its called football. :eek: Another airhead pattycake yapping.:singing:

Mods, please ban this child.

Chrebet, Pennington, Coles, Leon, Jenkins all got hurt playing football.

I remember the Pats knocking out 2 QBs in a matter of 6 plays to start the Jets season.

Gunnails, you should know better. The Smith hit was a deliberate shot to the head. He has a history of doing that and has been suspended for it. None of the cases you mention resulted from dirty hits.

Last edited:

No, that was a purposeful action on smiths part. I saw him hit Welker with his elbow, it was something right out of the movie 'The Longest Yard'

Last edited:
This "penalty" is weak sauce but its as much as I expected from Roger Jetdell.

So i guess if somebody clips Sanchez and tears up his knee its just Football. Another Rats fan born with Clowns Syndrome.

If it was a Patriot who did this, not only would Jetdell probably have the player banned from the NFL, but we would loose draft picks and get a huge fine.

Good times....

Any punishment at all is more than I was expecting, so I'll take it.

Seriously. That blow to the head was dangerous. Thought Goodell would manage to ignore it. At least he slapped the guy on the wrist with a fine.

You can't expect Jest fans to understand. Their team is usually the one delivering the dirty hits. It's like all those Pittsburgh fans who think Hines Ward never takes a cheap shot.

What goes around, comes around. Your team talks too much, Jest fans.

Should have been suspended for 1 game and heavily fined. Smith was obviously trying to put Welker out of the game. The fat bastard Rex probably gave him a game ball.

So i guess if somebody clips Sanchez and tears up his knee its just Football.

That's apples & oranges and you know it. A forearm clock to Welker's noggin that rings his bell and makes him see stars is another thing altogether than administering a torn acl to a quarterback in the pocket.

It's call underhanded intimidation. Reference 1970's Raiders. Welker had about 4 score's worth of receptions for 8 miles vs. The Jets last year. Of freaking course they want him dinged up on the sideline for a while. Mission-a-freaking-complished.

And heck if I'm gonna be needled by that other guy who runs a freaking Prog Rock magazine. YOU listen to ELP, not ME. zzzzzzzzz.

And heck if I'm gonna be needled by that other guy who runs a freaking Prog Rock magazine. YOU listen to ELP, not ME. zzzzzzzzz.

:rofl::rofl: Look, I only called you out for praising Jabba Wrecks' dirty strategizing when it should instead be condemned.

That's apples & oranges and you know it. A forearm clock to Welker's noggin that rings his bell and makes him see stars is another thing altogether than administering a torn acl to a quarterback in the pocket.

It's call underhanded intimidation. Reference 1970's Raiders. Welker had about 4 score's worth of receptions for 8 miles vs. The Jets last year. Of freaking course they want him dinged up on the sideline for a while. Mission-a-freaking-complished.

Another Clown Syndrome baby, it was an example dumbazz. Besides cracking someone in the jar is Illegal

Last edited:
:rofl::rofl: Look, I only called you out for praising Jabba Wrecks' dirty strategizing when it should instead be condemned.

Fair 'nuff. Tunes, ima jus gettin' frustrated with the dang Pats being on the receiving end of that stuff all the time these days. Ahh... visions of Rodney Harrison dancing in my head being that guy for us. I liked it better that way.

And I love YES, Gabriel period Genesis, & Tull '78 & prior. Yeah, even the Trevor Rabin YES era, especially Talk. So... yeah.

70 hours of YES on videotape & dvd and counting in the personal archive. But I just can't get into those second tier, halfway-known, Prog bands you like they play all day on Delicious Agony webradio.

Wait a second... who runs a prog rock magazine around here? Because I for one would certainly read that magazine. :rocker:

Fair 'nuff. Tunes, ima jus gettin' frustrated with the dang Pats being on the receiving end of that stuff all the time these days. Ahh... visions of Rodney Harrison dancing in my head being that guy for us. I liked it better that way.

And I love YES, Gabriel period Genesis, & Tull '78 & prior. Yeah, even the Trevor Rabin YES era, especially Talk. So... yeah.

70 hours of YES on videotape & dvd and counting in the personal archive. But I just can't get into those second tier, halfway-known, Prog bands you like they play all day on Delicious Agony webradio.
70 hours of YES, thats 70's college elevator music, you are the sick one.

Last edited:
70 hours of YES, thats 70's college elevator music, you are the sick one.

Yeah, ima lock you in a room, put Tales From Topographic Oceans, the double album with a single song on each of the 4 sides, on repeat play in the c.d. player and leave you alone for a few days. j.k.

And Reflex, I have a question for you. When Wes Welker is dazed from a hit, how on Earth do they tell? The dude acts like he's walking around in a trance when he's in his usual everyday persona. lol. Ever see a press conference? All mumbling monotone and glazed eyes. ehh ha ha! Reflex, know what I think? I think he's a cyborg.

yeah, ima lock you in a room, put tales from topographic oceans, the double album with a single song on each of the 4 sides, on repeat play in the c.d. Player and leave you alone for a few days. J.k.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH*HHHHHH.......... IT'S A SIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tt0066921

Last edited:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH*HHHHHH.......... IT'S A SIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tt0066921

Or, you just might come out of the experience in a state of enlightenment. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots