PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets DB Eric Smith fined $7,500 on flagrant hit to Welker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any punishment at all is more than I was expecting, so I'll take it.

Should have been fined more or suspended for a game. He is the same guy who broke Anquan Boldin's jaw two years ago in another cheap shot.

In this case, does "DB" stand for something other than "Defensive Back"?

Way too low. The conspiracy theorist in me thinks that he did it intentionally.

Nothing to see here move along....

The eyeballs in me think that he did it intentionally.
My eyeballs told me the same thing too. But i was starting to think nothing would happen, 7,500 is better than nothing.

Last edited:
Not the first time this scum has played dirty.

Was also fined $50,000 and suspended a game in 2008 for that disgusting helmet-to-helmet hit on Anquan Boldin.

Last edited:
Any punishment at all is more than I was expecting, so I'll take it.

Same here. I was just expecting Goodell to turn a blind eye to it so this is a pleasant surprise for me.

Rex to Tannenbaum: "I think Smith deserves a $7,500 Bonus effective immediately, plus a dinner-on-the-Town for two".

The eyeballs in me think that he did it intentionally.

I guess I should clarify. By intentionally I mean sanctioned by the Jets coaching staff. As in, the best way to cover Welker is to knock him out of the game. Now where's that tin foil hat?

Rex to Tannenbaum: "I think Smith deserves a $7,500 Bonus effective immediately, plus a dinner-on-the-Town for two".

If Tanny is going to give Eric a dinner for two the least Eric can do is invite Wes to be his guest :)

Not the first time this scum has played dirty.

Was also fined $50,000 and suspended a game in 2008 for that disgusting helmet-to-helmet hit on Anquan Boldin.

See, this is where I had to laugh when I read the stories about Ryan and Woody talking about how disappointed they were in Edwards for his DWI. I mean, c'mon. They've brought in Edwards, Holmes, Cromartie -- not high character guys, IMO. Bunch of recidivists reprobates.

You know Smith wont have to pay the fine.

I guess I should clarify. By intentionally I mean sanctioned by the Jets coaching staff. As in, the best way to cover Welker is to knock him out of the game. Now where's that tin foil hat?

A defensive coordinator's headset would be more appropriate than a tin foil hat. That's called good defense. It's obvious it was part of the game plan, to be implemented as soon as any Jet was near Welker. 7,500, huh? A sweet deal to insure a stagnant Patriots offense at home.
I'm a Pats freak thru and thru, but I take my hat off to The Jets coaching staff for that one, not a tin foil one either. What, you believe Osawld acted alone too? Gez.

A defensive coordinator's headset would be more appropriate than a tin foil hat. That's called good defense. It's obvious it was part of the game plan, to be implemented as soon as any Jet was near Welker. 7,500, huh? A sweet deal to insure a stagnant Patriots offense at home.
I'm a Pats freak thru and thru, but I take my hat off to The Jets coaching staff for that one, not a tin foil one either. What, you believe Osawld acted alone too? Gez.

Like the Green Beans, your mentality sucks.

Look pattycake its called football. :eek: Another airhead pattycake yapping.:singing:

So i guess if somebody clips Sanchez and tears up his knee its just Football. Another Rats fan born with Clowns Syndrome.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing