PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets Cut Brett Favre; should the Patriots go after him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And here I thought this thread was supposed to be a lighthearted joking kind of thread.

It was - - until post #38!

Last edited:
No. They took a DIVE the last week of the season.

They "missed out" on the West Coast in the few weeks before the end of the season.

That's a playoff "run" where the runner who is in the lead at Cleveland Circle takes a wrong turn, gives up the lead and then quits before reaching Hereford Street.

Did the Patriots make a run for the playoffs? Did the Dolphins? I ask because all 3 teams were still alive for the playoffs going into the final week.

I do love watching people redefining terms. That's always fun. :rolleyes:

I guess it's my mistake though, and we should just ignore reality when it comes to falsely attacking people who don't play for the Patriots or guzzle the Patriots Kool Aid by the gallon. I'll keep that in mind in the future.

didn't the jets get beat by oakland earlier in the year?

Did the Patriots make a run for the playoffs? Did the Dolphins? I ask because all 3 teams were still alive for the playoffs going into the final week.

I do love watching people redefining terms. That's always fun. :rolleyes:

I guess it's my mistake though, and we should just ignore reality when it comes to falsely attacking people who don't play for the Patriots or guzzle the Patriots Kool Aid by the gallon. I'll keep that in mind in the future.

Last five weeks of 2008 season:

Dolphins: 5-0

Patriots: 4-1

NYJets: 1-4 -includes incredibly lucky win at home against Bufallo Bills when JP Losman decided to exhume Joe Pisarcik - otherwise we're talking an historic 0-5 pantscrapping.

Any questions, Deus?

Last edited:

NYJets: 1-4 (includes incredibly lucky win at home against Bufallo Bills when JP Losman decided to exhume Joe Pisarcik).

Any questions?

Deus just logged out?

NYJets: 1-4 (includes incredibly lucky win at home against Bufallo Bills when JP Losman decided to exhume Joe Pisarcik).

Any questions?

Sure, I've got two...

1.) Which team from that group was not still alive for the playoffs at the start of week 17?

2.) What part of "8-3 before Favre got hurt" is somehow undercut by your argument here?

Sure, I've got two...

1.) Which team from that group was not still alive for the playoffs at the start of week 17?

2.) What part of "8-3 before Favre got hurt" is somehow undercut by your argument here?

Which two teams made a "run for the playoffs" down the stretch and which one didn't?

That's the point you were just making.

You tell me that one again, Deus?

Last edited:
Sure, I've got two...

I'm sorry, who wrote "Whether people like it or not, the Jets did make a playoff run. They missed out on the last week of the season."??????

We could line him up at WR and play the wildcat

comicbookguy-worst-thread-ever.jpg

Last edited:
S

The fact that the last couple of years, this has been a pattern from Favre: Playing well at the beginning of the year, and then a severe drop off.

Which two teams made a "run for the playoffs" down the stretch and which one didn't?

That's the point you were just making.

You tell me that one again, Deus?

I'm sorry, who wrote "Whether people like it or not, the Jets did make a playoff run. They missed out on the last week of the season."??????

I did, and nothing you've posted has run counter to that. Again, the Jets were still in the playoff hunt in the final week after being 4-12 the year before. That's making a run for the playoffs whether you like to admit it or not.

And here I thought this thread was supposed to be a lighthearted joking kind of thread.

Yeah, I even tried bring Nostradamus into the discussion, to no avail....

Obviously humour is above some folk's paygrade around here :rolleyes:

Yeah, I even tried bring Nostradamus into the discussion, to no avail....

Obviously humour is above some folk's paygrade around here :rolleyes:

I know mods can merge topics... I'm wondering if there is a way to split them... :rolleyes:

The Pats have a very young secondary. What better way is there to have them boost their confidence than letting the gunslinger just have fun running the scout team. With all the picks he'll throw to Butler, Wheatley, Chung, etc. it will positively impact the team on Sunday.

Despite all the Favre's haters/lovers drama in the following five pages, I'm still laughing.... :D

Except that you're complete wrong.

Brett Favre: Game Logs

Hold on, you're saying 2007, where Favre threw 6 TDs, and 7INTs in the last 5 weeks of the season (including games against 3 of the worst defenses in the NFL), is an example of how he doesn't break down at the end of the year?

Hold on, you're saying 2007, where Favre threw 6 TDs, and 7INTs in the last 5 weeks of the season (including games against 3 of the worst defenses in the NFL), is an example of how he doesn't break down at the end of the year?

No, you must be right. Passer ratings of

8.9 (partial game due to injury)

In the second half of the season followed by 137.6 in the team's first playoff game is proof of a collapse of epic proportions. It's reminiscent of the '78 Red Sox and the 1995 Angels.

Sheesh

No, you must be right. Passer ratings of

8.9 (partial game due to injury)

In the second half of the season followed by 137.6 in the team's first playoff game is proof of a collapse of epic proportions. It's reminiscent of the '78 Red Sox and the 1995 Angels.

Sheesh

Passer Rating is a pretty terrible statistic, but yeah, I'll play.

Code:
             First 11 Games                      Last 5 Games
2008: 20TD,13INT,70% Cmp                 2TD, 9 INT, 59%
2007: 22TD,8INT,68% Cmp                   6TD, 7INT, 59%
2006: 14TD,10INT,57% Cmp                 4TD, 8 INT, 54% 
2005: 19TD,19INT, 63% Cmp                1TD, 10 INT, 55%

I don't know how to call that anything other than "Pretty friggen drastic"

Last edited:
didn't the jets get beat by oakland earlier in the year?

====================================================

Jets lost all there west coast games Oakland, San Fran, Seattle and San Diego.

Favre, I am glad he is no longer a Jet.

It was a fun ride for a while, Favre did change how defenses played the Jets, opened up the run game. Life as a Jet fan was good when they were at 8 and 3 just coming off wins against NE and TN, on top in the AFCE. Then BAM!
My opinion is that Favre's injury did hurt him. There is no doubt that Favre led the Jets on a play off run of a season. Favre, the coaches, his team mates all **** the bed at the end. I am glad for the off season changes.

This is the mother of all "should we" 's. this has got to be a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back