PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets Cut Brett Favre; should the Patriots go after him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say bring him in and pick his brain about the Jets playbook, but it's pretty obvious he didn't know anything about it last year. :D

BTW: Favre has officially broken yet another NFL All-Time Record:

Number of Incompleted Retirement Attempts

BTW: Favre has officially broken yet another NFL All-Time Record:

Number of Incompleted Retirement Attempts

As far as I know, he hasn't "officially" announced his retirement this time, has he? Favre looms in the ethers ... like a specter ...

Didn't we just draft a Long Snapper?

GUYS!

This is a GREAT OPPORTUNITY for the Patriots!!!

Think! How long has it been since you heard a Patriot say "I just went out there and had fun"?? THIS CAN BE THE YEAR. Football is a game, which is supposed to be fun. All of this seriousness by BB and TB is hogwash. All I ever hear is Brady talking about "working to get better". All I ever hear BB talk about is "winning" and "one game at a time". Favre can change the entire clubhouse mood! This is the best thing that could ever happen to the Patriots.

As far as I know, he hasn't "officially" announced his retirement this time, has he? Favre looms in the ethers ... like a specter ...

more like a case of Herpes you just can't get rid of.

The Pats have a very young secondary. What better way is there to have them boost their confidence than letting the gunslinger just have fun running the scout team. With all the picks he'll throw to Butler, Wheatley, Chung, etc. it will positively impact the team on Sunday.

Last edited:
your talking about one of the best QB of all time i think hes got a lil to much prid to just sit and watch brady play if hes going to came back its going to be as a starter with a team that can make a run at the playoffs

in 1996, you're talking about one of hte best of all time. Right now you're talking about a guy who, should he come back next year, may very well be the worst starting QB in the NFl.

Is this thread about signing a starter? If you would rather have Gut on the sideline than Favre, then that is your opinion. The patriots are the team that signed and played Testeverde. If Brady want a veteran quarterback on the sideline to discuss the game with, then Favre is certainly an option. And yes, is there anyone better available to be the opposing QB in practice?

in 1996, you're talking about one of hte best of all time. Right now you're talking about a guy who, should he come back next year, may very well be the worst starting QB in the NFl.

Yeah I think we can get Joe Montana, Joe Namath, and Steve Grogan to compete for a back up spot in camp..

I know Belichick is fond of Bert Jones, maybee he can put down the hunting rifle and come on board as well...

Somebody shoot me.. :D

Oh God.......

Well, Brady might not be 100% coming off an injury. Brett can compete for the starting role at camp. Either way we will have a vet back up that way.

Are you giggling uncontrollably when you're writing this?

Are you giggling uncontrollably when you're writing this?

I hope he is, I know I am reading it :rofl:

Is this thread about signing a starter? If you would rather have Gut on the sideline than Favre, then that is your opinion. The patriots are the team that signed and played Testeverde. If Brady want a veteran quarterback on the sideline to discuss the game with, then Favre is certainly an option. And yes, is there anyone better available to be the opposing QB in practice?

You're assuming Brady needs a veteran QB on the sideline to talk with?

BTW, IF he did (and that is the largest font I know how to use to write a big if), Tom Brady would want to talk to a QB who actually watches game film, not some attention deficit disorder guy fixated on who is the going to be the network sideline reporter that day.

Last edited:
your talking about one of the best QB of all time i think hes got a lil to much prid to just sit and watch brady play if hes going to came back its going to be as a starter with a team that can make a run at the playoffs
No team starting Brett Favre is going to make a run at the playoffs...

No team starting Brett Favre is going to make a run at the playoffs...

Nonsense. The Jets made a run at the playoffs last season, and would likely have been in by 2 games or more had Favre not gotten injured.

Here we go again...

Is this thread about signing a starter? If you would rather have Gut on the sideline than Favre, then that is your opinion.
BB's opinion, also, I'll wager. BB preferred Gute to every other available vet QB last year, and somehow I doubt he'll sign Favre. #3 will go to the winner of Gute/Hoyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down