PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jet's conspiracy theorists say...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VJCPatriot

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
That having Vinny take a knee at the end of the game was a shot at the Jets fans? :confused: Am I missing something here or isn't that completely reaching for straws to find a perceived insult??

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=17187

They call BB low class because he took Brady out so he could get an ovation from the home crowd? I think this must be a case of sour grapes. Either that or the Jester fans have been imbibing too much and are just being belligerent for the sake of finding something to pick a fight about to soothe their battered egos.

PS Why the hell would BB give a damn about Jets fans. He just wins football games. Just shows you how delusional and egotistical the average new yorker is. Everything has to be about THEM. Oh yeah and Giants get knocked out on the same day! Double KO to NY teams today. Sorry New Yorkers but New England has got it all over you in terms of football teams and intelligent fans!

Last edited:
Re: Jet's consporacy theorists say...

That having Vinny take a knee at the end of the game was a shot at the Jets fans? :confused: Am I missing something here or isn't that completely reaching for straws to find a perceived insult??

They call BB low class because he took Brady out so he could get an ovation from the home crowd? I think this must be a case of sour grapes. Either that or the Jester fans have been imbibing too much and are just being belligerent for the sake of finding something to pick a fight about to soothe their battered egos.

who cares...we won..if they didnt want that to happen , they shouldve won..as BB said that day on WEEI about that vinny TD in tenn...its the defense's job to stop them, not the offense to stop themselves..similarly if they didnt want this to happen, they couldve avoided it

They're definitely reaching far back for that one.

As far as I'm concerned doing the victory formation kneel down is the standard NFL sop to end a game that is far out of reach. Does it really matter who takes the kneel down??

Believe it or not Jets fans, everything is not about you.

Actually, I do think it matters. I thought it showed a great amount of class to allow Brady to go out to an ovation (I would have done it the play before. It also showed class to let Vinny into the game, rather than be a DNP.

And, of course, none of this has anything to do with the feelings of jets fans.

There's something about living in or around New York that makes people incredibly self centered. To think that any coach would do something at the end of a game to purposely piss off a rival is very creative.

The Jets got their butts kicked today; with 2:00 to go in the game, they didn't matter anymore to the Pat's coaching staff. It was on the SD. And that's what makes New Yorkers act this way: they can't imagine that they are irrelevant. So they project motive where it doesn't exist, in order to maintain the myth that they are still relevant. They have to be at the center of the universe, or they don't exist. It is a perverted form of Descartes.

They thought that it was because BB sent Vinny in, instead of Cassel to take the knee. They don't know that since he's been here, Vinny has been our official kneel QB. Mis understanding getting way blown out of proportions on that board.

As a Patriots fan I am offended that they sent Matt Chatham on the field during the game.

Last edited:
Sending Vinny out was a dagger to the heart, they say! DAGGER. :rolleyes:

I'm just sad that BB decided that Vinny didn't need a post season TD for the resume.

i'm surprised they took offense. they should be used to losing.

As a Patriots fan I am offended that they sent Matt Chatham on the field during the game.

LOL Zippo. Nice one.

I still don't get how Jets fans can construe Vinny taking a knee as a "slap in the face" as they put it. I just gotta shake my head here.

Shouldn't they be more worried about how their team got their butts whipped by our football team than this slight (in their minds) our coach sent to specifically anger NY Jets fans?

It really is amazing the new yorker mindset. I wonder how badly Jets fans would be whining if Vinny had thrown a TD against em no less take a knee?

What *really* offends them is that we cleaned their clocks, yet they don't have the class to admit they weren't up to the task to win. Sad.

//

For fans that think their team is tougher than nails and spits quarters, they sure have tender sensibilities when they take offense at one of their (many) ex-players gets called to take a knee on what, two plays !!

Trying too hard to create a "dissed" factor for next year. Pathetic.

//

What a bunch of wimps. Seriously.

If I were BB I would have sent Vinne in to go gunslinging deep to add more points to the scoreboard. Then I would have had them put "F U JETS FANS!" on the Jumbotron.

Thge Jets were playing house money.They had no pressure.The Pats doubled the line. Just liek Jets said, no respect...the Jets got CRUSHED..WHY? What can we ever say as Pats fan.It was all bull****.The Jets got crushed because the reality was,a feel good story sells copy.So, can the poor Pats pssibly deal with the best defense in the NFL?
My honest question,not as a homer,but, from what I can see, the best dense in the NFL is the NE Pats

PS Why the hell would BB give a damn about Jets fans. He just wins football games. Just shows you how delusional and egotistical the average new yorker is. Everything has to be about THEM. Oh yeah and Giants get knocked out on the same day! Double KO to NY teams today. Sorry New Yorkers but New England has got it all over you in terms of football teams and intelligent fans!

I'm not sure how much of a shot it was but...if it wasn't intended as any kind of an insult, why did BB put in our 3rd string/ex Jet QB and not our backup. I'm sure our rookie would have loved to step out there. I'm sure it was more of a tipping of the cap to Vinnie than a shot at Jets fans but I can see why they would believe otherwise.

Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye