Jets consider acquiring Lions pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

cstjohn17

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting...

http://www.footballsfuture.com/news/2007/03/jets-consider-acquiring-lions-pick.html

The Journal News is reporting there were unconfirmed rumors that the Jets were thinking of swapping their first pick, 25th overall, and a defensive starter, to the Lions for the second overall pick.

We have to assume the 'defensive starter' is linebacker Jonathan Vilma as his name has been the subject of many trade rumors the last few weeks.

Interesting. Who would they be targeting? Brady Quinn?

Interesting...

http://www.footballsfuture.com/news/2007/03/jets-consider-acquiring-lions-pick.html

The Journal News is reporting there were unconfirmed rumors that the Jets were thinking of swapping their first pick, 25th overall, and a defensive starter, to the Lions for the second overall pick.

We have to assume the 'defensive starter' is linebacker Jonathan Vilma as his name has been the subject of many trade rumors the last few weeks.

I'm not sure that's enough for the #2. I like Vilma, he's a darn good player, but my guess is the Lions could squeeze more from the Jets. Of course, paying #2 versus paying #25 is huge, and Vilma is signed for a couple more years on his rookie deal.

To pick who?

Their QB situation is good.
They just traded for a RB.
They have good WRs.
They drafter a Premier LT last year.

So there goes

Russell
Quinn
CJ
Peterson
Thomas

None of the defensive prospects are so outstanding that they warrant a #2.

Gaines Adams
Alan Branch
Jaamal Anderson
Laron Landry

??????????????

This seems like a pure rumor that will die.

Good point. Maybe Calvin Johnson. Other than him, doesn't look like a fit. Peterson maybe? Still seems more rumor oriented now that you mention it.

Maybe to trade down from #2 with GB (off the top of my head). GB and Detroit don't make good trading partners. Enter New York who see less of a role for Vilma in their new D. GB trades Aaron Rodgers to Oak for Moss and draft Russell #2 overall to replace Favre in a year or so.

I hope the Jets do trade Vilma, then he'll come to the Pats once his contract is up and the Lions will be forced to trade him because they franchise him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes