Jets concerned about Laverneus Coles' age and production

Status
Not open for further replies.

DefenseRules

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL
http://blogs.trb.com/sports/football/jets/blog/2007/12/happy_new_year.html

Laveranues Coles says the Jets told his agent and that they're concerned about Coles' age and declining production.

Coles, 30, wants a contract extension and doesn't believe he'll get one from the Jets. A high ankle sprain Coles played through in the second half of the season was most of the reason for his numbers being down. Coles says in a "worst case scenario" he'll finish out his final two years with the Jets.

If it's true that he played through an injury, isn't it safe to say that the injury might have slowed him down a little. :confused:

This is one more reason Tangini won't last long enough to get 'er turned around. They go out of their way to alienate their veterans, who see them using guys hurt to try to make their bones and then tossing them or trying to leverage them.

Last edited:
It didn't just slow him down when he played, he missed 4 games outright.

Plus he was the #2 receiver on a bad passing team.

Last edited:
To be fair, that is precisely what the Pats did last year to Dillon.

It's part of the business, unfortunately. I hope the Pats were a little more tactful, although to Dillon it was the same thing.

To be fair, that is precisely what the Pats did last year to Dillon.

It's part of the business, unfortunately. I hope the Pats were a little more tactful, although to Dillon it was the same thing.

Dillon asked to be released, and was; at least as I recall. No other teams signed him, which to me would indicate that he was not worth one of 1500+ NFL roster spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back