PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets bring in Dennis Byrd for pregame speech tonite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having a pregame speech is weird enough, having it be from an outsider is weirder, and then bringing a career ending, life threatening injury into the room is the weirdest. What's he trying to put in the players' subconscious?

Having a pregame speech is weird enough, having it be from an outsider is weirder, and then bringing a career ending, life threatening injury into the room is the weirdest. What's he trying to put in the players' subconscious?

Closer to my thoughts.. would have thought someone like Joe Namath would have been more appropriate..

The subconscious is a funny, weird place..

Fits well that on the same day Scott threatens Welkers career, Dennis Byrd does a speech for the team. Irony.

I can picture Byrd saying something like "this game gives and takes away. Cherish and respect the game...be humble. But tell everyone you want to kick their ass. Call the opponent an ahole in the papers. Always make sure to threaten another players career.". I feel its a strange combo for that Jets team.

I have a lot of respect for Dennis Byrd.

Too bad he got backed into a corner to talk to these knucklheads.

Cool. So now the Jets will be thinking twice about leading with their helmets. Thanks Dennis. :D

But then again who else was Rex going to find to speak who has ties to the Jets and owns a ring? ;)

I can picture Byrd saying something like "this game gives and takes away. Cherish and respect the game...be humble. But tell everyone you want to kick their ass. Call the opponent an ahole in the papers. Always make sure to threaten another players career.". I feel its a strange combo for that Jets team.

LOL

10chara

Wow this is a real head scratcher. I don't think spinal cord injuries is what I would want on my players mind going into any game. This is very strange.

"The doctors said I'd never be able to use my legs again...but I asked them, 'What about my feet?' They said my feet would be fine and that made Sexy Rexy confident everything would be fine."

My guess is he's pitching the comeback story. He busted his neck in 1992 and I don't think he was given much of a chance to walk again.

Nice story, I can see what Rex is trying to do here, but his team is filled with Baffoons that just won't get it.

:yeahthat:

I tweeted this to Peter King, Michael Lombardi, Adam Schefter, Mike Florio, Ross Tucker, and Jason LaCanfora: Bart Scott threatens to end Welkers career, then Jets get pep talk from Dennis Byrd. Logic?

I am curious what they will respond.

I tweeted this to Peter King, Michael Lombardi, Adam Schefter, Mike Florio, Ross Tucker, and Jason LaCanfora: Bart Scott threatens to end Welkers career, then Jets get pep talk from Dennis Byrd. Logic?

Well said. Keep us posted if there's a response.

Good for them. I have no ill will towards Byrd. I wish him all the best.

I think Jets fans are crazy that his speech will affect the game, but Belichick probably brought in someone to give inspiration to the team last night too.

The Green Beans' Achilles heel is emotion. They'll go out sky high and be exhausted by the middle of the third quarter. By the middle of the fourth quarter, they will give up.

Geez, now that you mention it. It reminds me of when I heard Howard Stern (I rarely listen to him) mention how some horse officials brought in Chris Reeves before some big event to give the jockeys inspiration.. His thought, was this is the last person they want to see. Couldn't agree more, and after letting this sink in.......WTF?

This is exactly what needed to be done. Good for you! Keep us updated on the response because there SHOULD be one.

Sadly, the only tweetback I got was from Michael Lombardi, who just said "interesting...". Really, that's it. What a waste of data packets.

Maybe one of them will bring it up pregame, but I have my doubts.

hopefully the pats counter this move by bringing in Dennis Franz
dennis-franz1.jpg

Last edited:
Some of you guys are pathetic. It makes me sad seeing some of these disgusting posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back