PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets are showing interest in Lawfirm

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is literally nothing dynamic about Shonn Greene's playmaking ability. If anything they're the same type of RB only BJGE doesn't turn the ball over.

Shonn Greene had a big play in the playoffs against the Chargers, ran 40+ yards to score a TD....how many 40 yard runs does BJGE have? Greene has some long runs, not a lot but enough to be considered more dynamic.

Shonn Greene had a big play in the playoffs against the Chargers, ran 40+ yards to score a TD....how many 40 yard runs does BJGE have? Greene has some long runs, not a lot but enough to be considered more dynamic.

Greene was a beast down the stretch in '09. When he went down in the AFCC the Jets offense shut down.

They are just kicking the tires and thumbing their noses. This would be almost as weird as BB going out and signing another TE with Gronk and AHern already. :eek:

Seriously, A little better, a little worse... whateves..... It's not even remotely an area of serious need for them for so little of an upgrade, if one at all. Unless we was coming for free or close to it, it's would be a negligible difference. Benny won't fumble, but Greene will occasionally break free a long one.

It'd be a dumb move for anything other then a "take a flyer" price. They again, this is a team that just broke the bank for one of the worst QB's in the league. :singing:

Last edited:
I read this viewpoint a lot and I think it is because people are obsessed with big plays.

A RB who gets you 4+ yards a play 60-70% of the time is a difference maker.

Finally a voice of reason. The Guy has been very dependable,runs hard, DOESN'T FUMBLE,and can be VERY effective when our OL throws some blocks for the Guy. Watch out if he goes to the jests (lord please don't let that happen) or another team that really commits to the run...you will see an even more productive player! Come back BJGE!

Well I'm sure one or two if Antonio Cromartie refuses to tackle.

Last edited:
I would be disliked if he signs with Jets. Anyway, a visit doesn't mean a sign !

That was the longest run of his career and he hasn't come close to equaling it since. In the last two years his longest run is 31 yards; BGJE's longest was 33.

Point being the word "playmaker" is not something I'd use to describe either of them. They're generally slow bruising backs that move chains.

Jets also maybe going after Tebow ... if they do I do not see BJGE and Tebow on the same team.

so have the jets actually offered anything or are they just trying to mess with the pats?

I wish the jets had a FA for the pats to consider

so have the jets actually offered anything or are they just trying to mess with the pats?

I wish the jets had a FA for the pats to consider

Already signed Cole...ST gunner and CB :eek:

Agreed. It always comes back to how he never fumbles, but if that's the best thing you can think to say about a RB... it's damning with faint praise.

Really? Ball control is apparently a worthless quality in a RB... until you don't have a RB that has it.

Faulk is likely retiring. Ridley looks good except he fumbles A LOT and we don't really know what the Pats have in Vereen yet.

What good is a RB who can break a 35 yard run (Oh! A big play Woop-de-fricken-do!!) ...and on the next play he fumbles and the opposition gets it back and drives 60+ yards and scores?

I'll take 4.x YPC and no fumbles EVERY time because... (wait for it)... no turn overs increases the Pats chances of SCORING! It also allows our D time to rest between series, increases the Pats T.O.P. But I'm sure that's all worthless, since it's all about "breaking the big run".

Ridley looks good except he fumbles A LOT

I've been repeating this too, but when I look at the numbers, he fumbled once in 87 regular season carries. Granted he had the fumble against Denver in the playoffs too, so that's 2 fumbles in 91 attempts. Factors out to about 6 in a full season's load assuming he doesn't improve.

That's not great, but he's not fumbling all over the place like some seem to think. It's just that compared to BJGE it seems so much worse.

BGJE is good for our team b/c our passing attack is so lethal. I hope he returns. He's not a lead back though and should be part of a RBBC and paid accordingly.

I think Ridley's ball control "problems" are being overblown. He's young and will improve.

I've been repeating this too, but when I look at the numbers, he fumbled once in 87 regular season carries. Granted he had the fumble against Denver in the playoffs too, so that's 2 fumbles in 91 attempts. Factors out to about 6 in a full season's load assuming he doesn't improve.

That's not great, but he's not fumbling all over the place like some seem to think. It's just that compared to BJGE it seems so much worse.

Hopefully Ridley does get better. I hope the guy has 6.0 YPC this year and over 1,400 yards... but until we know he can do it, it seems like a good idea to hold onto the consistent and reliable RB we have, assuming his demands are realistic. Fumbles/turn overs can be game changers. I'm amazed at how easily they are dismissed around here by many.

Hopefully Ridley does get better. I hope the guy has 6.0 YPC this year and over 1,400 yards... but until we know he can do it, it seems like a good idea to hold onto the consistent and reliable RB we have, assuming his demands are realistic. Fumbles/turn overs can be game changers. I'm amazed at how easily they are dismissed around here by many.

Oh I'm in agreement that I would prefer to have him back. I just wonder what the price tag is going to be, and I don't see the need to spend a lot of money on a guy that could easily end up getting under 10 carries a game. For that role, I think any number of vets could be found, along the lines of Sammy Morris the first year we brought him in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes