PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets are "discussing" signing free agent Adalius Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Jets are "discussing" signing free agent Adalius Thomas.

Won't be shocked when he picks up right where he left off in Baltimore. Ryan knows how to use him. And with their secondary potentially being pretty damn good, it will be a hell of lot easier to get sacks than it was in New England. In fact, the Jets signing Thomas would really make this rivalry fun to watch.

AD on the Jets would be very productive, in my opinion. Folks here may laugh at them signing him, but I can see him doing really well for them, much to our chagrin.

The bolded section of your post seems to contradict the notion that his pass rushing skills may still be fine. That is the inconsistency that everyone is pointing out to you. You can't reasonably defend the assertion that his pass skills are "fine" until there is some evidence that they actually are fine. Did he have some success in 2007 and 2008 before being injured? Sure. Does that mean that he was the same player in 2009? No. Can he return to form? Sure, but that is not what the evidence points to. The evidence is of course his production and BB assessment of his play.

1.) There is nothing inconsistent in my position.

2.) Your assertion that I can't reasonably defend my assertion is pretty clearly wrong. I've already done so. You may not agree with my final take, but that doesn't make it unreasonable.

Last edited:
im not realy a fan of AD but to be fair to the guy he was never just a pass rusher with the pats

2007 he had 535 snaps at ILB and 395 snaps at OLB and was thrown at a total of 35 times so that meens is was in covrage at lest 35 time that season.

2008 472 snaps at OLB and was thrown at 17 times befor geting hurt

2009 only 263 sanps at OLB on a D line that did not have seymour on it anymore

yes he only had 3 sacks last year but if u look at someone like Tamba Hali, for KC he had 8.5 sacks but he played over 1100 snaps at OLB if AD got 1100 snaps he would have 9 sacks

im not saying i want him back but he will be a good pick up for who ever signs him and lets him play just as a pass rusher.

at profootballfocus they actually note snap by snap when players are in coverage vs rushing.
I think I'd be a little leery about using the 2007 stuff 'cuz they were just getting it going then, but '08 and '09 are probably fine.

maybe later I'll tally up some stuff.

Apparently things have changed: Report: Jets not very interested in Adalius Thomas | ProFootballTalk.com

It could be BS, but who knows? Maybe Rex agrees with what Ray Lewis has said about him.

If the Jets and the Fins have already said No, where else could he end up? I doubt the Ravens would take him back, McDaniels probably wants nothing to do with him. Where else?

Last edited:
Its already started

ESPN's Chris Mortensen confirms that the Jets are "discussing" signing free agent Adalius Thomas.

Yeah, it will probably take a lot of "discussing." They have to be sure he has enough illegitimate kids, has a bad enough attitude and consistently sits out big games before he rises to their off season signing standards this year.

Apparently things have changed: Report: Jets not very interested in Adalius Thomas | ProFootballTalk.com

It could be BS, but who knows? Maybe Rex agrees with what Ray Lewis has said about him.

If the Jets and the Fins have already said No, where else could he end up? I doubt the Ravens would take him back, McDaniels probably wants nothing to do with him. Where else?

The Jets might not be able to afford his contract in the long term. This is certainly a strange turn of events.

Adalius should be a fine addition to the jests locker room, like throwing ice water into boiling oil.

I saw the JETS aren't interested links but one reason the JETS might sign him is that he's 'free' in the FA sense. They're limited in paying for FAs because of their finish. As a cut player he doesn't count.

I'm jacked & pumped to see the JETS games this season with LT and Taylor on board. Adding AD is frosting on the cupcake.

Last edited:

Actually, you didn't point anything out. You made a claim without backing it up. That's not the same thing. Furthermore, you deliberately continue to ignore the actual content of my posts and make stupid comments based upon deliberate misapplication of what I've written.

By the way, one can feel that someone else is generally both smarter and more informed than they are, be it in a specific field or in general, and still disagree with that person on particular points. I have no doubt that Belichick is far more competent at being a head coach than I ever will be, and the same is true of his work as a front office man. That didn't make him right (and me wrong) on the Burgess trade, though, did it?

But thanks for tossing out yet another red herring!

I pointed out that BB took pass rushing responsibilities away from Thomas telling him he wasnt a good pass rusher. You can go read the article it was written and posted here last week.
How am I misapplying what you said.
YOu said his pass rushing skills are fine, BB says they are not, Beginning and end of point.

There is a tremendous difference between assessing the ability of a player from your computer vs being his coach, and whehter or not you guessed right if a trade would work out or not.

You have made it clear you have zero intellectual intergrity. I now know to judge your posts from the perspective that the content is influenced on your objective of creating an image for yourself, and no more.
I remain curious whether you are embarrassingly arrogant to the point you think you can pull an opinion out of a lack of information, or just so disingenuous that all of talking down, the superiority complex, the pattern of insulting anyone who calls out your frequent errors is just the insecurity of being unable to admit you are wrong shiing through.

In this case, you have cornered yourself into one or the other, but you will apparently respond with diverison and insults. Next will come the exit, where you pretend the discussion isnt worthy of you, because its all you have left.

1.) There is nothing inconsistent in my position.

2.) Your assertion that I can't reasonably defend my assertion is pretty clearly wrong. I've already done so. You may not agree with my final take, but that doesn't make it unreasonable.

The entire thinking is inconsistent.
Your 'final take' doesn't make any sense.
You say his pass rushing skills are fine, then repsond to BB saying they aren't by recalling other posts where you showed mediocre results in other years, then admitted he was terrible last year, but since you don't know why he was terrible, that means he is 'fine'.

But just so I understand, you see the following as valid logic:

Statment: You are bad
Argument:
-I didnt used to be bad
-I accept I am bad now
-I don't know why I am bad, but I can name some possible reasons
-Therefore I am not bad, in fact I am fine

I pointed out that BB took pass rushing responsibilities away from Thomas telling him he wasnt a good pass rusher. You can go read the article it was written and posted here last week.
How am I misapplying what you said.
YOu said his pass rushing skills are fine, BB says they are not, Beginning and end of point.

There is a tremendous difference between assessing the ability of a player from your computer vs being his coach, and whehter or not you guessed right if a trade would work out or not.

You have made it clear you have zero intellectual intergrity. I now know to judge your posts from the perspective that the content is influenced on your objective of creating an image for yourself, and no more.
I remain curious whether you are embarrassingly arrogant to the point you think you can pull an opinion out of a lack of information, or just so disingenuous that all of talking down, the superiority complex, the pattern of insulting anyone who calls out your frequent errors is just the insecurity of being unable to admit you are wrong shiing through.

In this case, you have cornered yourself into one or the other, but you will apparently respond with diverison and insults. Next will come the exit, where you pretend the discussion isnt worthy of you, because its all you have left.

As usual, you speak without grasping the issue. I don't care what Belichick might, or might not, have said about Thomas' pass rush abilities. I couldn't care less if you paid me to. The last time I saw him playing in a season without the background noise was 2008. In 2008, he was leading the team in sacks before getting injured, and he seemed to be fine rushing the passer. As I've noted repeatedly, I don't know what happened last season. However, given the ridiculously crappy job Belichick did last year, I'm not going to jump up and down defending his actions during that season. It's really that simple. You're a ridiculously over-the-top homer who can't handle the fact that your favorite team's coach is imperfect, and I'm someone who cheers for my favorite teams while being willing to see the blemishes as well as the beauty.

As for "the exit", Andy, you're a mod who fires out personal insults. If people respond to that, they can end up getting banned, yet you do it without repercussion. As for your cracking on me about integrity, please..... I have posted to you about this on multiple occasions, and on multiple occasions you say you won't be posting responses to me anymore, only to continue posting.

As usual, you speak without grasping the issue. I don't care what Belichick might, or might not, have said about Thomas' pass rush abilities. I couldn't care less if you paid me to. The last time I saw him playing in a season without the background noise was 2008. In 2008, he was leading the team in sacks before getting injured, and he seemed to be fine rushing the passer. As I've noted repeatedly, I don't know what happened last season. However, given the ridiculously crappy job Belichick did last year, I'm not going to jump up and down defending his actions during that season. It's really that simple. You're a ridiculously over-the-top homer who can't handle the fact that your favorite team's coach is imperfect, and I'm someone who cheers for my favorite teams while being willing to see the blemishes as well as the beauty.

As for "the exit", Andy, you're a mod who fires out personal insults. If people respond to that, they can end up getting banned, yet you do it without repercussion. As for your cracking on me about integrity, please..... I have posted to you about this on multiple occasions, and on multiple occasions you say you won't be posting responses to me anymore, only to continue posting.

You don't care what Belichick has to say on the matter. Perfect. You have decided that you can judge a players ability from your recliner better than BB can judge it as coach.
You have made your point.
You have CLEARLY told us all that you are not only a better judge of talent and better at assessing football issues than Bill Belichick but that you don't even need to meet the player or watch film to do better.
You are delusional.

What does 'background noise' have to do with anything?
If you are talking about after he gave up you lose again because the personell issue started when they took his pass rush job away for failure.

Lets just move on. Pretty soon you'll be telling me that BB was an idiot not to keep Bledsoe.

Oh, and my status says Patsfans.com supporter, not moderator, and I have never moderated anything you have posted.
As far as the exit, I cannot control when you will say something else ignorant that I chose to respond to. I was speaking about the way you bail out when you lose arguments.

I guess the Jets and Dolphins who know him as well as anyone, seem to disagree that his pass rush skills are fine, too, huh. Oh, but that doesnt matter you have an uninformed opinion covered up by 'noise'

Oh oh... AD may have to consume some more Humble Pie... or have a plan B. Talk is cheap I guess...

New York Jets aren't expected to sign recently-released linebacker Adalius Thomas, source says

Well, good for Jets fans. I was worried they were going to have to look hypocrites after saying how Thomas sucked and was broken down all last year that they would sullen their sparkling reputions by then saying how great Thomas was and how he was going to get double digit sacks this upcoming season.

Well, good for Jets fans. I was worried they were going to have to look hypocrites after saying how Thomas sucked and was broken down all last year that they would sullen their sparkling reputions by then saying how great Thomas was and how he was going to get double digit sacks this upcoming season.

Simple they would have said it was coaching

Simple they would have said it was coaching

Well, it has been well established on this board that Belichick isn't a good enough coach to put Thomas in his best situation to succeed. So I guess they would have a point. Only Rex Ryan is smart enough to figure that out.

Wrecks and "smart" are either mutually exclusive or oxymoronic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back