PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets 24th in NFL in rushing defense and 20th in rushing offense

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Take away their short passing game"..............

The only passing game they have is short......

The Jets do have one potentially dangeorus intangible, namely that Mangini has probably thought more about how to defeat BB and TB than BB has thought about how to beat Mangini and Pennington. Whatever weaknesses the Pats have, Mangini is sure to try to exploit with Belichickian precision. The bad thing about this is even if we win, Mangini may give our next opponent good ideas on how to gameplan against the Pats.

The Jets do have one potentially dangeorus intangible, namely that Mangini has probably thought more about how to defeat BB and TB than BB has thought about how to beat Mangini and Pennington. Whatever weaknesses the Pats have, Mangini is sure to try to exploit with Belichickian precision. The bad thing about this is even if we win, Mangini may give our next opponent good ideas on how to gameplan against the Pats.

He's the 1st D guy to ever leave the Pats?
Try Oakland for an earlier example.
There are others.
The Puffin Boogeyman is just that. Things change.

stats dont mean much now...their play calling has been creative with limited people which does give some problems..i think their OC brian schottenheimer has done quite a good job...

I agree. BB disciples know the inner workings of the Patriot machine, giving them an advantage other squads do not possess. Excluding the 1st 3 games of the season (when the offense was ineffective due to the sudden loss of the Twig) the Pats have scored an average of 30.1 points per game against teams not coached by BB disciples. In the 3 games against Miami/NYJ, the Pats have averaged 11.3 points per game. This was no coincidence. Still, the Jesters' victory was keyed by an unfortunate confluence of events: the Jesters got an extra week of rest and preparation coming off a late bye-week, the Pats came out shockingly flat after the demoralizing loss the Colts, the field conditions made it impossible for Brady to step up and torch the Jets' meagre pass rush, and the absence of Rodney and Warren left the D rudderless and lacking confidence. Since then, the Pats have had time to adjust, to stew over the loss, to learn to hate the Jets as much as BB, and I have every confidence that the team will wreck the Jets mercilessly in this game.

stats dont mean much now...their play calling has been creative with limited people which does give some problems..i think their OC brian schottenheimer has done quite a good job...

Agreed I could care less if they were 31st and against the run. They have been finding a way to win for a majority of the season. They took us out even though the play was extremely lucky. The WR landed on the CB and had the good sense to run to the end zone. I'm hoping after that play and Maurice Jones-Drew scamper for a TD we have learned our lesson about completing blocks and tackles.

If we play 60 minutes of complete mentally tough football they don't have a chance. The Pats,especially the LB's have to tackle much better than they did the last game. That was the worst tackling I've seen in a long while. Many missed opportunitites in that game. \

TBH though,I think it will be a route. I'm talking 30-13. Am I confident? Yes? Can we be beat? Sure,we turn the ball over 5 times like we did vs Denver last season we will be ****canned for sure. I'll tell you this though, Mangini will have his talk with those Jet's players and he will give his speech about having to be tougher and smarter than we are. Our players will have to force their will on the opponents. Especially the first half to let them know who is boss on that field.

So now the ball boy is a mad genius because he's got the Jets in the playoffs?:rolleyes:

We'd better give the beer vendor a raise to make sure he doesn't take the Atlanta job.:D

Last edited:
Barlow did no such thing. ButBarlow had 75 yards on 17 carries. That is ok. That is hardly "RUNNING OVER US." But, I think you also need to be reminded that Warren didn't play that game and Seymour was still pretty hurt.

4.4 ypc by Barlow against a #2 ranked run defense(was at the time)

stats cant tell how it was..he was moving forward way too much

4.4 ypc by Barlow against a #2 ranked run defense(was at the time)

stats cant tell how it was..he was moving forward way too much

And the Pats were without their best run stopper on the D-line in Warren and Sanders still wasn't playing that well.

Sure they do. After a full season they give a very clear picture of the strengths and weaknesses of teams.

* Only if things go like the stats show. If the Patriots OL doesn't win the LOS battles, that Jets run D will look a lot better. The Patriots have to impose thier will at the LOS so those stats are realized. If stats won games they woudn't have to bother playing them

it doesnt matter because coach mangini have the blueprint of the pats offense

* There isn't any blueprint. The Patriots gameplan differently for each opponent and often differently when they meet a team a 2nd, or in this case, 3rd time in a year. Maybe they'll use the gameplan the 49er's used on the Bronco's this past Sunday -:)

* Only if things go like the stats show. If the Patriots OL doesn't win the LOS battles, that Jets run D will look a lot better. The Patriots have to impose thier will at the LOS so those stats are realized. If stats won games they woudn't have to bother playing them
Of course. We have to play well. But when FO (I use their numbers as they're more comprehensive than others) ranks The Jest run defense 32nd and ranks out run offense 11th, that says that we have a big advantage. Sure we still have to play like it. But if we play like we have and they play like they have they'll have to load up against the run to stop it and that opens up the pass.

i said they dont mean anything if u dont try to take advantage. like the Colts game..we didnt try to run enough when it was CLEARLY their biggest weakness

Remix, you (and others) repeatedly assert that the Pats quit rushing against the Colts.
This is silly.

Bob Sanders played against the Patriots.
Bob Sanders has NOT played against most of his team's opponents this season.
THAT may be why the Indy D looks like it cannot stop the run.

I am here to say
that Indy is an entirely different D without Bob Sanders than with him.

Against the Patriots, Bob Sanders was in the hole as soon as the Pat with the ball was.
Singlehandedly, he murdered our run game.

If you think Rodney excels at stuffing the run ...
watch Bob Sanders to see how it really can be stuffed!

The Pats stopped trying to run against the Colts
only because Bob Sanders showed them
it couldn't be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back