PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets 16m over cap..

Status
Not open for further replies.
New York Jets Salary Cap

freaking amazing...and the management wants Lord Farve back?

Kerry Rhoades, 10 mil ?? :eek: It doesnt help that they have 3 mil in dead cap space because of Pennington

They must have the most expensive offensive line in history. 30 mil just for the starting OL. :eek:

I think our starting OL is around 16 mil. Big difference.

Last edited:
But if Lord Favrequad retires, his $13M comes off the books with no dead money. :(:mad:
But on the upside it leaves them with Kellen Clemens and Brett Ratliff at QB :)

Kerry Rhoades, 10 mil ?? :eek:

And it doesn't help that if they cut him they lose 7mil off the cap. The only way they could make it under the cap now is if they cut farve or renegotiate a lot of contracts. They can't blame it on last years GM either as he's still with the team

LOL @ the Jets.

What I really want to know, but haven't found out despite some google-ing and checking message boards, is what the Raiders cap situation looks like. I'm praying that somehow they don't have the 10 million to franchise Asomugha with. Given all the crappy contracts they have, its not completely unreasonable.

But if Lord Favrequad retires, his $13M comes off the books with no dead money. :(:mad:

I bet Farve walks all the way back to the NFC North with Minny on Feb 27th. Kinda what he wanted to do last year but now he will have all the say. I guess that could reflect on the hopes of a trade of MC to Minnesota.

Last edited:
Don't the Jets have some 14 FAs to boot? WOW...how can a team with VERY few stars et al have THIS much cap headaches?!?

Don't the Jets have some 14 FAs to boot? WOW...how can a team with VERY few stars et al have THIS much cap headaches?!?

======================================================

7 Pro Bowler's say hy.

Jets need Favre to retire, if he is back, his cap (13 mil) will make it hard to just get under the cap.

This is a scenario that I found that would get the Jets where they need to be cap wise.

Salary Cap:
Cut : Farve 13.0
Barrett 3.7
Baker 2.2
Bowens 2.6
Restructure:
Calvin Pace and Kerry Rhodes are due nine million dollar Roster Bonus's.
I would request that both players defer 3million of their bonus until 2010 an uncapped year (compensated by a 10 % return increasing the 2010 bonus to 3.3)
If that is not possible, converting Pace and Rhodes 9mm, Moores 5mm and Revis"s 5.7 into signing bonus' s can create up to 21 million in cap room.

"7 Pro Bowler's say hy."

Not to mention 9 wins this year and 0 Super Bowl appearances in the past 40 years say hello as well.

But if having those 7 pro bowlers on your team is what helps you sleep better at night, then good for you.

"7 Pro Bowler's say hy."

Not to mention 9 wins this year and 0 Super Bowl appearances in the past 40 years say hello as well.

But if having those 7 pro bowlers on your team is what helps you sleep better at night, then good for you.

========================================================

It helps.:)

I just want to take this time to remind everyone of how much I despise the Jets. Any pain they go through as a team puts a big Cheshire cat grin on my face.

grin1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye