PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jet gameplan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slagathor

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
I'm re-watching the game as we speak.

I'm starting to wonder if the "Randy Moss will see limited action" ruse worked.

It seems to me that the schemes the Jets played defensively really were more run prevent oriented.

The DL and LB's were staying at home early on.

I really don't think they were prepared for Moss at all.

I also have to say I'd hate to be the Charger #2 and #3 corners next week because I have a feeling guys like Stall and Gaffney are gonna get a lot of balls coming their way with Moss occupying a few guys in the SD secondary.

Re: Jet Game Plan.

I would have liked to see some RB screens. I think the 2 drives in the 1st half that we stalled on would have been more successful if we had used the screen to counter their aggressiveness.

This is, of course, nit picking, but I would like them to keep the screens in mind for San Diego next week since they have an aggressive D also.

I'm more inclined to think that the early and often run game got the jets to creep closer to the LOS and set up the passing game.

I'm more inclined to think that the early and often run game got the jets to creep closer to the LOS and set up the passing game.

I agree. The way I saw those early running plays was as a challenge: come in and stop us doing this or we'll do it all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back