PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jet fan has gone INSANE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turd Furguson

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I've been reading some of the Jet boards and listening to Jet fan after Jet fan call into WFAN and they have literally lost their minds overinflating their team whilst totally dismissing the Pats.

Example? They seriously believe that Pennington is in the same stratosphere as Tom Brady

They also believe their front 7 is comparable to ours.

They also think that Mangini is in BB's head but not vice versa.

It's been fun listening to Francesca slap these ******s down. Its gonna be even more fun watching us freakin KILL those guys on Sunday.

If my predictions hold true, Sunday will NOT be a good day in the NY metro area.

Monday radio on WFAN will be glorious however but even then, one still has to consider it a GREAT year for the Jets.

I've been reading some of the Jet boards and listening to Jet fan after Jet fan call into WFAN and they have literally lost their minds overinflating their team whilst totally dismissing the Pats.

Example? They seriously believe that Pennington is in the same stratosphere as Tom Brady

It's been fun listening to Francesca slap these ******s down. Its gonna be even more fun watching us freakin KILL those guys on Sunday.

If my predictions hold true, Sunday will NOT be a good day in the NY metro area.

Monday radio on WFAN will be glorious however but even then, one still has to consider it a GREAT year for the Jets.

My 4 year old son has a stronger arm than Pennington.

I hate to be overconfident. You know Karma and all that. But, I don't see how the Pats can lose Sunday. I don't think it will even be close.

I am a Jets fan. And, I agree that most Jets fans have gone a bit off the deep end, at least thise that are saying the Jets are BETTER than the Pats. It's just not true. But, I think a lot of the folks on this site have gone way over board in terms of how much better the Pats are than the Jets. At this point, I believe the Pats are the better team, but either team can win this game. The Jets still have some holes they have to fill, but I'm happy knowing that the Jets will be competitive for years to come, perhaps supplanting the Pats one day soon. But, until the Jets can beat the Pats consistently, and in the playoffs, I'll hold off on any statements that come close to suggesting the Jets are better. But, these teams may be closer than many of you think.

The comment about your son having a stronger arm that Penny is just stupid. Penny is a respectable QB, and I think you all know he is capable of beating you, even if it isn't 30 yard passes across the field. As a Jets fan, I can only hope that another off season of rehab and strengthening will lead to more arm strength. But, you should admit that Penny has done a great job given his injuries.

I, for one, think Brady is a terrific QB. But he is prone to a bad game here and there too. Until Penny can prove it in the playoffs, you can't compare the two. But, without the injuries and with some more time, I don't think there is as great a difference between the two as many of you may think. But, as I said, Brady is a proven winner, and there is no way you can knock him.

Last edited:
But, without the injuries and with some more time, I don't think there is as great a difference between the two as many of you may think.

You were doing pretty well up to this point and I respect everything else you said in your post. You are right, it is not inconceivable that the Jets win on Sunday, although based on past history it is very unlikely.

But at this point, there is no comparison between Brady and Pennington. Yes, Pennington has had some good games and good seasons throughout his career when healthy. But Brady has been one of the top 2 QB's in the NFL for a number of years now and some argue that he is in fact the best QB in the NFL. I don't care to get into another Brady/Manning comparison but the fact is that Pennington is likely not even a top 5 QB in the NFL at this stage.

To say that the difference between the two is small is just not true. And I've heard all of the arguments about Brady having a great defense in years past. The fact is he has carried the offense on his shoulders time and time again when they have not had all pro WR's or a great running game. He won a superbowl with Troy Brown as his #1 WR and 2 superbowls with Antwain Smith as the starting RB. I'm sorry but there is just no comparison between the two at this point.

Last edited:
I agree, you can't compare the two right now. I think you missed my point. I was saying that without the injuries, and perhaps over time, Penny may be in the same league as Brady. But, you can't take away the injuries, and the window for him improving to that level may be closing(ed). As I stated, Brady has been awesome. I just think that Penny has skills, if not the strong arm, and certainly has the smarts and the understanding of the game to be a great QB. Unfortunately for him, and the Jets, he's had an injury-prone career. Who knows how good he could have been. But, I take nothing away from Brady. I'd love to have him QB my team. I think the Pats and their fans are lucky to have him, and they should be thanking Mo Lewis on a daily basis.

I agree, Brady has been atop tier NFL QB for several years, Penny has had his moments. I'm just glad to have him healthy for a full season. I do, think, however that he is a top 10 QB, and could perhaps get into the upper echelon. Time will tell (he doesn't have a lot more time).

Fair enough NEBG. Nice to see an opposing team's fan respond with classy thought out posts.

And yes, we often give thanks to Moe Lewis in my household.

I only have one thing to say

Jets Insider website....Frank Moga III

about all you need to know about Jet Fan

Jets fan going insane??? I thought they had to be insane to get in the front door in the first place.:eat2:

Jets fan going insane??? I thought they had to be insane to get in the front door in the first place.:eat2:

Exactly. Does anyone else remember JetsInsider after the 2002 season when the Jets won the AFC East (they beat us on a tiebreaker) ? Like half of the clowns over there had huge AFC EAST CHAMPIONS signatures... I was embarrassed for them.

I agree, Brady has been atop tier NFL QB for several years, Penny has had his moments. I'm just glad to have him healthy for a full season. I do, think, however that he is a top 10 QB, and could perhaps get into the upper echelon. Time will tell (he doesn't have a lot more time).

'has his moments'....PLEASE Pennington beat one team this year with a winning record, and that was the Pats - a team he and his coach were very familar with.

Pennington has a mountain to climb to ever be mentioned in the same breath as Brady.

Huh, When I checked out Jets Insider earlier this week the general consensus seemed to be that the Jets had a good season, the Pats were a better team, and that the Jets had a chance to win (but are definitely not favored). I'm wondering if you guys aren't looking at the extreme minority contingent and making judgements about the whole. We all know how well that turns out.

As for talk radio, it brings out the morons (callers and hosts alike) so that doesn't surprise me.

As for Pennington, I've always thought he was a really good player. I'd take him over the Michael Vicks of the world any day. But comparing him (or almost any QB) to Brady is a little silly.

Exactly. Does anyone else remember JetsInsider after the 2002 season when the Jets won the AFC East (they beat us on a tiebreaker) ? Like half of the clowns over there had huge AFC EAST CHAMPIONS signatures... I was embarrassed for them.

Any port in a storm. Eating cactus after crossing the desert. Chose your own mixed metaphor. Considering what they've been up against, and through, though, I can understand.

Glad it's 2007.

//

ok, upon checking out the 'predict the score' on jets insider either they don't take it seriously or they're predominently a bunch of ******s

the threads on the game seem a little more mixed.

Neither team is as bad as the one that lost earlier in the year. When the Patriots were slapping around the Jets my girlfriend walked out of the room because she couldn't watch such a bad game. She asked me if the Jets were the worst team in the league.

When the Jets beat the Pats they were beaten up (Warren out, Seymour injured) and on a short week, coming off a bad loss to Indy.

Too many Jets fans seem to be expecting the Pats team that lost to show up on that field. If they do they'll be disappointed.

*edit* Oh yeah, and apparently in Jersey they don't teach kids the difference between "your" and "you're." I try to ignore it but it was popping up everywhere on that board. Further evidence of my ******ation theory.

Last edited:
ok, upon checking out the 'predict the score' on jets insider either they don't take it seriously or they're predominently a bunch of ******s

the threads on the game seem a little more mixed.

Neither team is as bad as the one that lost earlier in the year. When the Patriots were slapping around the Jets my girlfriend walked out of the room because she couldn't watch such a bad game. She asked me if the Jets were the worst team in the league.

When the Jets beat the Pats they were beaten up (Warren out, Seymour injured) and on a short week, coming off a bad loss to Indy.

Too many Jets fans seem to be expecting the Pats team that lost to show up on that field. If they do they'll be disappointed.

*edit* Oh yeah, and apparently in Jersey they don't teach kids the difference between "your" and "you're." I try to ignore it but it was popping up everywhere on that board. Further evidence of my ******ation theory.

But you can ax them for directions or ax them for their opinion.

I know how much LUV you guys have for my man MAWAE....but wait till the ANIMAL MANGOLD takes over SUNDAY!!!! hahhhahhahahha xoxoxoxo

I know how much LUV you guys have for my man MAWAE....but wait till the ANIMAL MANGOLD takes over SUNDAY!!!! hahhhahhahahha xoxoxoxo

Why? Mangold isn't known for being a dirty, rotten f()&@^ing cheap shot artist like Mawae.

Being a little hard on them aren't you Goat?

How good are YOU at the proper usage of something like "you'se guys"?

Section: VIP CLUB 32 Row: 22
45-50 YARDLINE W/PARKING

are these good seats???

Section: VIP CLUB 32 Row: 22
45-50 YARDLINE W/PARKING

are these good seats???

I don't know could you post this a few more times I haven't seen that huge picture enough

maybe get a seating chart online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing