PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jesus names as evil those who think his Father would break heavenly law and have him

Greatest I am

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Jesus names as evil those who think his Father would break heavenly law and have him sacrificed.

The law in heaven is that the oldest dies first if there is to be a death. That is the only proper law for Gods, --- if they could die that is.

As above so below.

If we interpret that law and apply it to a human family, then the first to die would be fathers, followed by wives and lastly, children. Fathers are to die before sons. That is God’s law.

As above so below then would indicate that the law of the sea should also be the law of the land. It says that women and children are saved first then the men.

Men would need to recognize their duty to sanctify the family by placing women and children above themselves. IOW, equality does not exist in heaven nor should it exist in our human law.

Knowing this, God would never have his son sacrifice for a ransom that God himself would have had to set. One does not put a bounty on a son’s head.

I am not an atheist but Satan and Christians want atheists to embrace barbaric human sacrifice and the notion that we should profit from punishing the innocent instead of the guilty. Christian preach for Satan. Shame on Christians for their immoral dogma and tradition of embracing blood sacrifice.

In reality, if God did demand such a barbaric sacrifice, he would be sinning. He would know that barbaric human sacrifice is immoral.

You do as well. Right?

Those with good morals will know that no noble and gracious God would demand the sacrifice of a so called son just to prove it's benevolence nor would God break heavenly law.

If you are a believer in the vile notion of the human sacrifice of ************, when you die, Satan will ask you; how was your ticket to heaven purchased?
With innocent blood?

If you say yes and point to you scapegoat Jesus, you become Satan’s.

Have you embraced human sacrifice and do you plan to try to ride your scapegoat Jesus into heaven, --- on your way to hell?

Regards
DL

Re: Jesus names as evil those who think his Father would break heavenly law and have

So, I'm trying to figure this out. Are you a Christian? Muslim? Zoroastrian?

What is this "law in heaven" you speak of?

Re: Jesus names as evil those who think his Father would break heavenly law and have

I am a Gnostic Christian. This basically means that I use the Christian bible to debate and discuss religion. Often from the opposite or reverse side. We believe in the notion that, as Jesus said, our bodies are the temple of God and God resides within us. That makes man supreme on this earth.

I truly believe and argue that the human sacrifice of Jesus, --- and Christians taking advantage of it for their so called salvation, ---- to be completely immoral. They, by using Jesus as their scapegoat are trying to profit from the punishment of the innocent instead of the guilty.

They attribute the love of God for man for this barbaric sacrifice but ignore that God would also have to hate Jesus and break a demonstrably moral heavenly law when there was absolutely nothing that demanded blood except God's whim.

Our best law for determining who should die when death is required is the law of the sea. I apply that law to heaven.

What other law would Gods possibly adopt. This is the most moral and logical law.

Right?

Or do you think men, the protectors of society, should send their women and children to protect and die for men?

Regards
DL

Jesus names as evil those who think his Father would break heavenly law and h...

Interesting, so if you do not believe that Jesus' sacrifice is the ticket to paradise, in what way can you be a Christian of any kind? That is, unless, you were adopting the Eastern Orthodox view that his sacrifice conquered death, not sin, but that doesn't seem to be the case either.

Also, I'm Jewish, so I can't answer your questions or quite engage you in Christian theology from the standpoint of a believer, but I'm fairly familiar with evangelical Christianity.

Re: Jesus names as evil those who think his Father would break heavenly law and h...

Interesting, so if you do not believe that Jesus' sacrifice is the ticket to paradise, in what way can you be a Christian of any kind? That is, unless, you were adopting the Eastern Orthodox view that his sacrifice conquered death, not sin, but that doesn't seem to be the case either.

Also, I'm Jewish, so I can't answer your questions or quite engage you in Christian theology from the standpoint of a believer, but I'm fairly familiar with evangelical Christianity.

Most Jews are and can usually kick Christian butt as you and yours tend to be brighter than they are. If I had not found Gnosticism to suit me so well I would have looked for a more militant sect but I do not think you guys go in much for that. Once bitten, twice shy type of thing has taken some of the bite out of Judaism.

Christian Gnosticism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As you can see, the Gnostic labels are rather broad.

I use my label because I have read the Gnostic gospels to see what the differences were between Christianity and Gnostic Christianity and how they were used in the past and it seemed to suit my character as well as my apotheosis.

If you recognize that you have a spiritual side I will tell you of my path that looks a lot like what this guy preaches.

1A Hidden Meanings In Bible - YouTube

Here is my anecdotal story.

The Godhead I know in a nutshell.
I was a skeptic till the age of 39.
I then had an apotheosis and later branded myself an esoteric ecumenist and Gnostic Christian. Gnostic Christian because I exemplify this quote from William Blake.

“Both read the Bible day and night, But thou read'st black where I read white.”

This refers to how Gnostics tend to reverse, for moral reasons, what Christians see in the Bible. We tend to recognize the evil ways of O T God where literal Christians will see God’s killing as good. Christians are sheep where Gnostic Christians are goats.
This is perhaps why we see the use of a Jesus scapegoat as immoral, while theists like to make Jesus their beast of burden. An immoral position.

During my apotheosis, something that only lasted 5 or 6 seconds, the only things of note to happen was that my paradigm of reality was confirmed and I was chastised to think more demographically. What I found was what I call a cosmic consciousness. Not a new term but one that is a close but not exact fit.

I recognize that I have no proof. That is always the way with apotheosis.
This is also why I prefer to stick to issues of morality because no one has yet been able to prove that God is real and I have no more proof than they for the cosmic consciousness.

The cosmic consciousness is not a miracle working God. He does not interfere with us save when one of us finds it. Not a common thing from what I can see. It is a part of nature and our next evolutionary step.

I tend to have more in common with atheists who ignore what they see as my delusion because our morals are basically identical. Theist tend not to like me much as I have no respect for literalists and fundamentals and think that most Christians have tribal mentalities and poor morals.

I am rather between a rock and a hard place but this I cannot help.

I am happy to be questioned on what I believe but whether or not God exists is basically irrelevant to this world for all that he does not do, and I prefer to thrash out moral issues that can actually find an end point. The search for God is never ending when you are of the Gnostic persuasion. My apotheosis basically says that I am to discard whatever God I found, God as a set of rules that is, not idol worship it but instead, raise my bar and seek further.

My apotheosis also showed me that God has no need for love, adoration or obedience. He has no needs. Man has dominion here on earth and is to be and is the supreme being.

Regards
DL

Re: Jesus names as evil those who think his Father would break heavenly law and h...

Most Jews are and can usually kick Christian butt as you and yours tend to be brighter than they are. If I had not found Gnosticism to suit me so well I would have looked for a more militant sect but I do not think you guys go in much for that. Once bitten, twice shy type of thing has taken some of the bite out of Judaism.

Check out the various dynasties among the Haredim. They're rather militant, except without guns.

The Godhead I know in a nutshell.
I was a skeptic till the age of 39.
I then had an apotheosis and later branded myself an esoteric ecumenist and Gnostic Christian. Gnostic Christian because I exemplify this quote from William Blake.

“Both read the Bible day and night, But thou read'st black where I read white.”

This refers to how Gnostics tend to reverse, for moral reasons, what Christians see in the Bible. We tend to recognize the evil ways of O T God where literal Christians will see God’s killing as good. Christians are sheep where Gnostic Christians are goats.
This is perhaps why we see the use of a Jesus scapegoat as immoral, while theists like to make Jesus their beast of burden. An immoral position.

During my apotheosis, something that only lasted 5 or 6 seconds, the only things of note to happen was that my paradigm of reality was confirmed and I was chastised to think more demographically. What I found was what I call a cosmic consciousness. Not a new term but one that is a close but not exact fit.

I recognize that I have no proof. That is always the way with apotheosis.
This is also why I prefer to stick to issues of morality because no one has yet been able to prove that God is real and I have no more proof than they for the cosmic consciousness.

The cosmic consciousness is not a miracle working God. He does not interfere with us save when one of us finds it. Not a common thing from what I can see. It is a part of nature and our next evolutionary step.

I tend to have more in common with atheists who ignore what they see as my delusion because our morals are basically identical. Theist tend not to like me much as I have no respect for literalists and fundamentals and think that most Christians have tribal mentalities and poor morals.

I am rather between a rock and a hard place but this I cannot help.

I am happy to be questioned on what I believe but whether or not God exists is basically irrelevant to this world for all that he does not do, and I prefer to thrash out moral issues that can actually find an end point. The search for God is never ending when you are of the Gnostic persuasion. My apotheosis basically says that I am to discard whatever God I found, God as a set of rules that is, not idol worship it but instead, raise my bar and seek further.

My apotheosis also showed me that God has no need for love, adoration or obedience. He has no needs. Man has dominion here on earth and is to be and is the supreme being.

Regards
DL

Thank you for sharing. I've seen the term Gnostic Christianity thrown around, but never knew much about it. Still, I might say your beefs with Christianity are a little localized; confronting the familiar Catholicism-inspired, American evangelical Christianity. Whenever I've encountered Coptic Christians or Eastern Orthodox Christians (with the possible exception of Russian Orthodoxy, which has some idiosyncrasies to say the least), I tend to see a pretty different take on things. Have you looked into that side of Christianity much?

Check out the various dynasties among the Haredim. They're rather militant, except without guns.

Thank you for sharing. I've seen the term Gnostic Christianity thrown around, but never knew much about it. Still, I might say your beefs with Christianity are a little localized; confronting the familiar Catholicism-inspired, American evangelical Christianity. Whenever I've encountered Coptic Christians or Eastern Orthodox Christians (with the possible exception of Russian Orthodoxy, which has some idiosyncrasies to say the least), I tend to see a pretty different take on things. Have you looked into that side of Christianity much?

The Haredim I would not follow. They seem divisive while God is all inclusive. God wants one family in his house. Not a house divided.

We are all in this together, alone.

I have had some talks with the Eastern Orthodox. I class them with the right wing and they are just as unpleasant to try to talk sense to. The Russian Orthodox I know nothing of but if they are like the Russian government on the gay issue, they are not worthy of being followed either. Who would diviside and discrimination without just cause should be shunned.

Regards
DL

Nikolai this person is a bitter and confused human being that hates GOD!

We can't put him a category b/c he is purposely NOT making any sense at all!

He's talking from left field so to speak none of us can understand a word he's saying edge wise!

There's many people like this that just plain & simple R bitter human beings!

We all know the saying misery likes company! Well he's manifested in this person! Notice he doesn't get along with anyone, so he's all by himself by his choice!

Nobodies singling him out, he's done it all by himself! The more attention, we give him the more he gets arrogant & insubordinate.

If, he really wanted to peacefully debate. I would be more than happy to do so. Yet, he immediately resorts to name calling & purposely misquoting verses.

I'll be honest, I didn't expect anything less from him. I had already read a few of his threads & posts, so this is all he's capable of!

I still stand that GOD through The Lord ************ Loves him & we can pray
for him to open his heart. Will he allow the GOD the Holy Spirit into his life it's all up to him! Peace & Love,

Petty little man.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

I see you follow your bible to a T and paint me evil and say evil thinks of me.

Romans 12:21
Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

Regards
DL

Petty little man.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

I see you follow your bible to a T and paint me evil and say evil thinks of me.

Romans 12:21
Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

Regards
DL

You fit the book of Romans chapter 1 to a T! "Professing to be wise they become fools and say there is NO GOD!"

The book of Jude chapter 1 verses 17-25 mention U also.

NIV version reads as follows "But, dear friends, remember what the apostles of our Lord ************ foretold. They said to you, "In the last times there will be scoffers who will follow their own ungodly desires." These are people who will divide you, who follow mere natural instincts and DO NOT have the Spirit. But, you dear friends, by building yourselves up in your most holy faith and praying in the Holy Spirit, keep yourselves in GOD's Love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord ************ to bring you to eternal life.

Be merciful to those that doubt; save other's by snatching them from the fire; to other's show mercy, mixed with fear- hating even the clothing stained by corrupted flesh.

To him who is able to keep you from stumbling and present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy-to the Only GOD our Savior be Glory, majesty, power and authority, through ************ our Lord,
before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.:

I am not an atheist. I just do not follow your genocidal son murdering prick of a God.

I follow the real God of this earth although I do not use that title as Christianity has corrupted that word.

God on Trial: The Verdict - YouTube

Regards
DL

You are right, your NOT an atheist and you do follow the god of this earth.

2nd Corinthians chapter 4 verse 4 reads as follows:

"The god of this age has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, so that
they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ.
who is the image of God."

It's plain and simple when you reject the real GOD of the bible, your left with the imposter who will allow U to worship any and everyway he wants you, too!

A perfect example of your fall is that your cursing at the real god and worshiping the false god. I'll be honest, I don't hate you. You feel that god has done something to you that he hasn't! So, your a very bitter human being.

The proof that you hate me and/or my GOD is the fact that you have to curse.

You should be able to make a point by using scripture but, you can't.

So, you show your true colors by cursing at God.
He hasn't ever done anything to hurt you but, you still hate him
anyways.

You should rejoice in the Lord b/c he chose to create you and yours'!
I DO! Peace Bro; I really don't want to go down this road with you!

We can agree to disagree!

You are right, your NOT an atheist and you do follow the god of this earth.

2nd Corinthians chapter 4 verse 4 reads as follows:

"The god of this age has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, so that
they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ.
who is the image of God."

It's plain and simple when you reject the real GOD of the bible, your left with the imposter who will allow U to worship any and everyway he wants you, too!

A perfect example of your fall is that your cursing at the real god and worshiping the false god. I'll be honest, I don't hate you. You feel that god has done something to you that he hasn't! So, your a very bitter human being.

The proof that you hate me and/or my GOD is the fact that you have to curse.

You should be able to make a point by using scripture but, you can't.

So, you show your true colors by cursing at God.
He hasn't ever done anything to hurt you but, you still hate him
anyways.

You should rejoice in the Lord b/c he chose to create you and yours'!
I DO! Peace Bro; I really don't want to go down this road with you!

We can agree to disagree!

The real Godhead here is not the genocidal son murdering prick you follow and if you think your God has dominion here, then the temptation of Christ has to be a lie. You want your cake and to eat it too just like a brainwashed child.

Disagree with that all you like but it seems like the truth.

I am not an atheist but Satan and Christians want atheists to embrace barbaric human sacrifice and the notion that we should profit from punishing the innocent instead of the guilty and here you are preaching for Satan. Shame on you.

In reality, if God did demand such a barbaric sacrifice, he would be sinning.

He would know that barbaric human sacrifice is immoral.

You do too. Right?

Those with good morals will know that no noble and gracious God would demand the sacrifice of a so called son just to prove it's benevolence.

When you die, Satan will ask you; How was your ticket to heaven purchased? With innocent blood?

When you say yes, you become his.

Regards
DL

Gnosticism as a historical phenomenon encompasses an enormous range of views (as GIA acknowledges). As always, take note that you're discussing Gnosticism with one specific adherent... just as discussing Judaism with me would wind you up far afield of what the Haredim would call Judaism (for example.) But I'm pretty sure that goes w/o saying :)

Gnosticism as a historical phenomenon encompasses an enormous range of views (as GIA acknowledges). As always, take note that you're discussing Gnosticism with one specific adherent... just as discussing Judaism with me would wind you up far afield of what the Haredim would call Judaism (for example.) But I'm pretty sure that goes w/o saying :)

I think it a shame that the initial Jewish religion has allowed itself to fracture into what, 5 sects that I know of and likely more.

Disappointing as Jews tend to be brighter than most Christians from what I have seen and have a better theology by a long shot.

Regards
DL

To me, sects aren't problematic unless they become violent against one another. Five's a hilariously low estimate. I think you're thinking of the major movements (Conservative, Orthodox, Reform, etc.) Most sects in Judaism are the various flavors of Orthodox: Modern orthodox, Kotzkers, Lubavitchers, etc., etc., etc. The term you see here, Haredim, connotes any of the ultra-orthodox sects.

But one hallmark of Jewish diversity is that we very rarely devolve into violence over our differences -- except, for example, if you're trying to drive through a religious neighborhood in Jerusalem on the Sabbath.

Thus far, however, we haven't had a civil war over the subject (or a war between two Jewish countries, at least for the last 2600 years or so.)

One of the great pities of gnosticism, in my view, is that it is so consumed with definition by opposition. It's an adolescent trait. Mandaeans, who have been practicing one of the belief systems thrown into the general basket we call "Gnosticism" for a couple thousand years, nevertheless evinced that trait. They began as a Jewish sect, but were alienated from Judaism by such proclamations as the evil of Adonai (a specific name for God,) the falseness of Moses, and the proliferation of gods, rather than the oneness of God.

I'm not particularly religious, but this "woo hoo I can call God names" theory of discourse leaves me utterly cold. News flash: not shocking in 2013 to call God names. Seriously dude. And He's done much worse **** than get "himself" crucified, if you want to obsess on anthropomorphized notions of God(s). I mean, hell, He murders each and every one of us, if you want to get all hatey about it, right? He just takes his sweet time or does it with a little panache when we're at an early age. Beyond that, when millions die in diseases, wars, etc. etc. etc., it's really hard for a serious person who happens not to be Christian to be shocked that God would "murder Jesus..." I mean, that's it? The problem of bad things happening to good people is a much, much more compelling problem than the fate of one guy who was clearly a political thorn in a lot of people's sides.

All of this definition by negation leaves your own point of view a little murky. What are the values of the gnostic religion, other than smugness? It strikes me as a singsong children's chant of "I know something you don't know," combined with the tried and true (and universal) "My God's bigger than your God" stuff.

I know you've explained in the past your own epiphany (which I think unwittingly) you referred to as your "apotheosis." Personal revelation is all well and good, but unless it has a content you can somehow convey as a system of values, it's unlikely to be compelling to others.

I'm all for personal revelation, but I like my personal revelations to be something a bit more substantial than "The godhead spoke to me and told me that you're worshipping the wrong guy."

Of course, I'm just feeding the beast here. But I really would like to know the concepts key to your religion, insofar as they can be explained. It's fine that your view is almost certainly a DIY one, since gnostic worship centers/traditions are so rare in the West. Hell, I'm pretty off the main sequence of Judaism. I understand that. But I'm interested in core teachings in Judaism, and believe me, we don't get together and say "We don't believe in Jesus, amen."

What are the gnostic things that you do, that make you gnostic? What are the gnostic principles guiding your life, that make you gnostic?

Or, is your contention that gnosticism is simply a matter of claiming yourself to know stuff others don't know? It is, after all, inherent in the movement, as you can tell by the name. If so, that's a perfectly good answer. It's not, however, that compelling.

PFnV

Indeed it does. I've never really looked into it all the much before, so I'd figure it's worth kicking a tire here.

To me, sects aren't problematic unless they become violent against one another. Five's a hilariously low estimate. I think you're thinking of the major movements (Conservative, Orthodox, Reform, etc.) Most sects in Judaism are the various flavors of Orthodox: Modern orthodox, Kotzkers, Lubavitchers, etc., etc., etc. The term you see here, Haredim, connotes any of the ultra-orthodox sects.

But one hallmark of Jewish diversity is that we very rarely devolve into violence over our differences -- except, for example, if you're trying to drive through a religious neighborhood in Jerusalem on the Sabbath.

Thus far, however, we haven't had a civil war over the subject (or a war between two Jewish countries, at least for the last 2600 years or so.)

One of the great pities of gnosticism, in my view, is that it is so consumed with definition by opposition. It's an adolescent trait. Mandaeans, who have been practicing one of the belief systems thrown into the general basket we call "Gnosticism" for a couple thousand years, nevertheless evinced that trait. They began as a Jewish sect, but were alienated from Judaism by such proclamations as the evil of Adonai (a specific name for God,) the falseness of Moses, and the proliferation of gods, rather than the oneness of God.

I'm not particularly religious, but this "woo hoo I can call God names" theory of discourse leaves me utterly cold. News flash: not shocking in 2013 to call God names. Seriously dude. And He's done much worse **** than get "himself" crucified, if you want to obsess on anthropomorphized notions of God(s). I mean, hell, He murders each and every one of us, if you want to get all hatey about it, right? He just takes his sweet time or does it with a little panache when we're at an early age. Beyond that, when millions die in diseases, wars, etc. etc. etc., it's really hard for a serious person who happens not to be Christian to be shocked that God would "murder Jesus..." I mean, that's it? The problem of bad things happening to good people is a much, much more compelling problem than the fate of one guy who was clearly a political thorn in a lot of people's sides.

All of this definition by negation leaves your own point of view a little murky. What are the values of the gnostic religion, other than smugness? It strikes me as a singsong children's chant of "I know something you don't know," combined with the tried and true (and universal) "My God's bigger than your God" stuff.

I know you've explained in the past your own epiphany (which I think unwittingly) you referred to as your "apotheosis." Personal revelation is all well and good, but unless it has a content you can somehow convey as a system of values, it's unlikely to be compelling to others.

I'm all for personal revelation, but I like my personal revelations to be something a bit more substantial than "The godhead spoke to me and told me that you're worshipping the wrong guy."

Of course, I'm just feeding the beast here. But I really would like to know the concepts key to your religion, insofar as they can be explained. It's fine that your view is almost certainly a DIY one, since gnostic worship centers/traditions are so rare in the West. Hell, I'm pretty off the main sequence of Judaism. I understand that. But I'm interested in core teachings in Judaism, and believe me, we don't get together and say "We don't believe in Jesus, amen."

What are the gnostic things that you do, that make you gnostic? What are the gnostic principles guiding your life, that make you gnostic?

Or, is your contention that gnosticism is simply a matter of claiming yourself to know stuff others don't know? It is, after all, inherent in the movement, as you can tell by the name. If so, that's a perfectly good answer. It's not, however, that compelling.

PFnV

You've pretty much hit the nail on the head here. I have a hard time engaging in the conversation here, as it's not overly intellectual or stimulating, but I didn't quite organize or articulate my thoughts. You said it pretty much perfectly.

Heh, I remember a Christian asking me how often we spoke of Jesus, and I told him that when I studied Torah with Chabad (for a few years), there was one time, around Easter, the Rabbi made a quip "well, my god can't be crucified", but that's it. Goes a bit of the way toward dispelling the notion that Judaism is Christianity without Jesus.

I've often thought about the reasons why violence tends to not manifest itself in Judaism the way it does in Christianity and Islam. I'll have to expand on those thoughts in a new thread some time (yeah right, like I ever will lol).

PFnV

Thanks for this.

I pulled a few things to comment on.

“it is so consumed with definition by opposition.”

I do not know how much in opposition other Gnostics are but admit that because of circumstances that that has become my major platform.

I am forced to because of the double standard of morality I see Christians having to adopt due to literal reading of their scriptures and the need to forgive their God for being such a prick. They condemn man while exonerating their version of God for the same sin. If I was not a feisty type, it would be quite trying. It forces me to be what some will see as a bully. Such is life.

-----------------------

“I can call God names" theory of discourse leaves me utterly cold.”

When adherents say a genocidal God is Love, it is fair play to point out that that God is more like Hate. You would have me mince words and I will not compromise my morals and downplay a God who is more like a Satan.

----------------------

“it's really hard for a serious person who happens not to be Christian to be shocked that God would "murder Jesus..."

I agree but what should disturb is that Christians are dancing around the cross waiting in glee for him to die so they can be in ignorant bliss in thinking that a moral God would save their bloodthirsty souls as they eagerly line up to profit from that murder.

--------------------------------

“All of this definition by negation leaves your own point of view a little murky. What are the values of the gnostic religion, other than smugness?”

That last is my own and I would not attribute it to others. So is everything else as I cannot speak for others. The value of my belief, to me, center on freedom instead of slavery. I am not a slave to sin nor to God as scriptures demand. I am slaved to the ideal of what a God is, in terms of the best moral rules to live life by, that the Godhead’s method of thinking helped me visualize. That is, via thinking more demographically.

As a Gnostic Christian as opposed to a Gnostic of other traditions, my value and duty to them is to try to bring them to a higher moral position. As with this O P chastising them for embracing human sacrifice.

---------------------------

“"My God's bigger than your God" stuff.”

Not at all. Gnostics, like Jesus, believe that the kingdom of God is within all of us so none of us are above the other and that would mean that unlike most Abrahamic cults, we do not subjugate our women because they are Goddesses in their own rite just as all males are Gods.

Egotistical?
No. It is believing the esoteric part of Jesus’ teachings and choosing to be his brethren.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

You are a Jew. Remember that in scriptures Jesus asked your ancestors if they had forgotten that they were gods. Would children of God expect any less of a title?

------------------------------

“"The godhead spoke to me and told me that you're worshipping the wrong guy."

You would deny me what all religions and my antagonists say!

Whatever happened to reciprocity being fair play?
I hope you have not taken up Christian morals my friend.

-------------------------------

“it's unlikely to be compelling to others.”

My main goal is not to sell my beliefs because all there is to sell is ------seek God. That is what I do perpetually as Jesus demands. My main goal is to have others not accept a version of a God that has absolutely no morals.

-----------------------

“But I really would like to know the concepts key to your religion, insofar as they can be explained.”

It is just accepting the type of moral system shown in this clip. You will note that it is centered on others while most religious systems start with a God centered on himself which is an inferior system. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one.

--------------------------

“It's fine that your view is almost certainly a DIY one, since gnostic worship centers/traditions are so rare in the West.”

What does DIY mean?

-----------------------------

“But I'm interested in core teachings in Judaism,”

I do not blame you. Some of their theology cannot be beat even by modern laws.

Their history as killers, Joseph Campbell’s designation, as well as their captivity experience gave then a huge boost in spiritual thinking and insight in ancient days.

As I say, the Jews cannot be beat for their religious thinking and Christianity lost a lot when Constantine bought the Catholic Church and they reversed Jewish thinking. You do not like that I work with opposites but in reality I am trying to bring the Jewish theology that Christianity reversed back to it’s original and proper position.

----------------------------

“What are the gnostic things that you do, that make you gnostic?”

I seek God and fight those whose God is inferior to the ideal God and who hurt all seekers and potential believers by polluting the God market. So to speak. Those are mostly the religious right.

--------------------------

“Or, is your contention that gnosticism is simply a matter of claiming yourself to know stuff others don't know?”

Gnosticism is accepting the fact that there is no greater force for you than you. You are a God WIP, Work In Progress, and your moral obligation is to seek that God and bring him out into the open as Jesus says to do.

Socrates claimed that adult man’s primary job was to work on his character and prepare it for heave through thought and that is what all most do. Being a Gnostic is to, in a sense, become an adult.

Joseph Campbell--On Becoming an Adult - YouTube

Regards
DL

I've often thought about the reasons why violence tends to not manifest itself in Judaism the way it does in Christianity and Islam. I'll have to expand on those thoughts in a new thread some time (yeah right, like I ever will lol).

Once bit, twice shy as they say. That and their view of their messiah or God/Man.

One would not expect internal Jewish fighting when there is such a formidable Christian and Muslim foe at their heels.

They are tyrants.

"Whoever imagines himself a favorite with God,
holds other people in contempt.
Whenever a man believes that he has the exact truth from God,
there is in that man no spirit of compromise.
He has not the modesty born of the imperfections of human nature;
he has the arrogance of theological certainty and the tyranny born of ignorant assurance.
Believing himself to be the slave of God,
he imitates his master,
and of all tyrants,
the worst is a slave in power."
--Robert Ingersoll

Regards
DL

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes