PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jests have Interest in Randy Moss

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if the Jets go after Moss, does that mean they're definitely not resigning Braylon, or what?

Perfect fit, a scumbag going to a scumbag organization.

So if the Jets go after Moss, does that mean they're definitely not resigning Braylon, or what?

Moss would likely be a cheap fill for one of the WRs they will likely lose. I would bet they would prefer to keep their guys but they are younger looking for long term contracts worth more than what Randy could get.

At this point, Holmes may be less likely to return. Holmes has said he will not play for the RFA tender. He will only play under a long term contract. If he is a UFA, he said he will be looking to be paid so that means that there is no guarantee that the Jets will be the best offer. It will be more expensive to sign Holmes and his salary demands may be too high for the Jets based on the way he is talking right now.

The market for Edwards will be less. He is an inconsistent receiver and he has an attitude (Holmes has the attitude, but is a far better receiver).

Moss was unstoppable a few yers ago. Not anymore. If anyone has a book on stopping him (jamming, contact) it's BB.

He'll probably kid around with him before the game, just like with oucho...then eat his breakfast, lunch and dinner, just like with oucho.

Moss was unstoppable a few yers ago. Not anymore. If anyone has a book on stopping him (jamming, contact) it's BB.

He'll probably kid around with him before the game, just like with oucho...then eat his breakfast, lunch and dinner, just like with oucho.

Pretty much this. As I said, I'd have absolutely NO problem with coach bringing in Moss for a 1-year contract to bring competition to camp. If he wins, great. If he doesn't, well, it's been real.

FWIW, the Titans coaching staff went out of their way to say that Moss was a terrific locker-room presence with them, and that his problems on field were more to do with his QB than with him. Moss, according to the Titans did everything asked of him and more, including spending extra time with the other receivers, and they were glad to have had him.

Moss is a little on the thin side ... I think he wants some of those free hamburgers.

I am surprised there is no respect for Randy......I am not fully convinced we should go after him but the thought of him in our division scares me. I have to think that he has something left in the tank and he just packed it in last year and being on a division rival of the team that jetisoned him and started the downward trend (potentially his thinking) and that wont take him back could motivate him. Or he signs his last contract and tanks it like last year but you all should be scared of the first posibility.
Arguably he was the least productive starting WR in the entire NFL last year. What respect are you expecting?
The argument that he packed it in makes no sense when he was in a contract year and apparently asked for a trade because he wanted to go earn a long term deal. What would motivate him this year that wasn't there last year?
Fact is Moss is still Moss but his skills have deteriorated.

Hence, the downside of adopting a screen name of a short term player with a proclivity to implode

Hmmmm and this is from someone who has The Tick as his avatar. Don't get me wrong; I am a big fan of The Tick but I had to laugh yesterday when Andy Gresh described John Dennis as a tick ready to burst...

I would like to see the Patriots sign Moss if only to hear Felger explode...

Last edited:
What would motivate him this year that wasn't there last year?

A Super Bowl. I really think the problem last year was when he was here he wanted his money but when he was gone he realized he wanted to get the money and stay not be jetisoned off a Super Bowl contending team to consecutive teams with little followed by no chance. Sure packing it in was a bad choice and maybe it wasnt a choice maybe you are right and he just completely lost his skills but I am not ready to invite him into the division to potentially kill us based on the assumption he is done.

Arguably he was the least productive starting WR in the entire NFL last year. What respect are you expecting?
The argument that he packed it in makes no sense when he was in a contract year and apparently asked for a trade because he wanted to go earn a long term deal. What would motivate him this year that wasn't there last year?
Fact is Moss is still Moss but his skills have deteriorated.

and Moss has shown his true colors yet again. He has quit on every team he's been on. He reminds me of Manny Ramirez is a lot of ways. I'm all for the Jests to bring that cancer on their team. It just took a little longer for his true self to come out in NE, because of the way BB runs things. He isnt the same threat he was in 2007-08 either.

Last edited by a moderator:
outside of NE, moss was an unmotivated douchebag who took several plays off

pats fans should be all in favor of him going to the jets and causing chaos and ripping apart team chemistry there

That was supposed to happen last year with Santonio Holmes, too. The end result was reaching the AFCCG after beating down their #1 rival on the road in front of a national television audience. :( This would be a great move for the Jets. It would effectively give them yet another weapon at the flanker across from Holmes. I sincerely hope that Moss thinks enough of Belichick and the Patriots (and hates Revis enough) to not make that move.

Original report has been dismissed.

Even if the Jets dont sign Holmes or Edwards, they will not go with Moss.

Per rotoworld:

ESPN New York's Rich Cimini joins Sirius NFL Radio's Adam Schein in refuting reports that the Jets have interest in free agent Randy Moss.Cimini called reports of the Jets' interest "curious," adding that Moss would be a "disaster" in New York. Cimini is one of the most reliable beat writers around, so his voice lends plenty of credibility to Schein's earlier report, which claimed that Rex Ryan spoke glowingly of Moss only to motivate free agent Santonio Holmes. While we're ready to take the Jets out of the top suitor spot for Moss' services, there's no obvious candidate to fill the void. Apr 12, 4:28 PM

Whatever, it's business. It won't have much impact on the Pats. McCourty > Moss.

I'm sure the jesters are just looking to save some bucks. And Randy probably assumes the food is good considering Rex's stature. I'm sure if the price is right, a lot of places will have interest, including the Patriots. If this report is retracted at this point (as mentioned in the above post), it is probably a price issue.

But I really think Rex is only fooling himself if he thinks he can contain Moss. I mean really, how many ridiculous press conferences did his guys have last year?

Last edited:
It's funny how a thread was made a couple of days ago stating the Jets have NO interest in Randy Moss, yet people are still in here talking like they do. lol

It's funny how a thread was made a couple of days ago stating the Jets have NO interest in Randy Moss, yet people are still in here talking like they do. lol

Because we all still dream he would be signed by them.

Moss NFL career is all but HISTORY and any team that takes him is taking a mannequin in the offense.

The guy can barely make a team anymore...its too sad.

Do us all a favor Randy and RETIRE before your legacy is tarnished by your childish antics that have once again risen to the surface,IMO no defense is really afraid of Moss anymore nor do they plan hard to control the statuesque figure that once ran rampant and once flew by any NFL cornerback down the sidelines into the end zone
.... its over Randy,its over.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back