Welcome to PatsFans.com

Jesse Ventura Warns Of Obama Assassination Attempt

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Terry Glenn is a cowgirl, Apr 4, 2008.

1. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Former Minnesota Governor says government will target any independent who gets close to White House

Former Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura caused shockwaves during a national radio interview today when he warned Barack Obama to be wary of a potential assassination attempt, saying that the government would target any independent politician who got close to the White House.
    The last chapter of Ventura's new book, Don't Start The Revolution Without Me, is a fictional tale about an assassination attempt on his life following a run for President.
    The context of Ventura's warning was a discussion about new evidence concerning the assassination of Robert Kennedy, after it emerged that there were additional shooters to accused assassin Sirhan Sirhan.​

"I believe very strongly that if an independent candidate like myself - a rogue - were to get into the President's race legitimately, if the polls looked like he had a chance to win, I believe that candidate would either be physically assassinated or would be assassinated credibility-wise or in some manner by our government because I do not believe they would ever allow a true independent or a citizen to become President of the United States," Ventura told The Alex Jones Show.
    "I say this in all seriousness - watch out Barack Obama," he added.
    Ventura is not the first to warn of a potential future assassination attempt on Obama - British Nobel Prize winner Doris Lessing said Obama would be taken out if he became President in February. ​

"He would probably not last long, a black man in the position of president. They would kill him," Lessing told a Swedish newspaper.
    Princeton University political science professor-Melissa Harris-Lacewell echoed the same sentiment a month before, saying: "For many black supporters, there is a lot of anxiety that he will be killed. It is on people's minds."
    "You can't make a prediction like this - like he has a 50 per cent chance of getting shot." "But the greater his visibility and the greater his access to people, there is a danger."
    Some speculated that Obama had been set up for an assassination attempt during a February 20 rally in Dallas, after it emerged that Secret Service gave the order to stop screening for weapons a full hour before the event began.
    Click here to listen to the full interview with Ventura. ​

2. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,026 / 44 / -31

#24 Jersey

Why would anyone care to listen to that idiot who loves to hear himself talk.

3. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

because he tells it like it is... and he is NOT an idiot, that is only YOUR opinion.

4. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Probably because the very presidential senator from his own state was murdered a few days before the '02 midterms.

Do people honestly still believe the ruling cabal isn't capable of removing all obstacles? Wow.

5. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +2,026 / 44 / -31

#24 Jersey

Both true ... However, I still think The Body is a political idiot.

6. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +2,026 / 44 / -31

#24 Jersey

People who tell it like it is are telling like it is from theirpoint of view.
    What is it about the media that makes their intelligence rise?
    Ventura made more problems than created solutions = idiot.

7. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +2,026 / 44 / -31

#24 Jersey

You are easily the most racist person in this forum.

KKK membership is estimated at @5,000.
    White Supremists are estimated to be @25,000.
    Skinheads are estimated to be @4500

All together members of the above groups are estimated at @150,000 to 200,000. George Bush received 62,000,000 votes in 2004 which means
    you just racially stereotyped @61,000,000 good Americans.

That's sounds about right for your racist thinking that has no
    factual basis for what you spew. I can't imagine anyone else in this
    forum who would call 61,000,000 Americans KKK & white supremists.

8. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +2,026 / 44 / -31

#24 Jersey

NEM do you know what a voter base is?

A voter base is your core constituency ... your main support.

You said ... "the Bush voter base".

I didn't say that you did.

Again ... here it is verbatim:

A base is not a small percentage of your support it is a majority. Your statement says the majority are bubbas, white supremists, KKK, skinheads.

I mean you typed it ... it is not putting words or changing what you said. So you are saying most of the other 61,000,000 Bush voters are what you say above.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2008
  9. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +2,026 / 44 / -31

#24 Jersey

You just said @62,000,000 voters were racists which is not factually true.

Your statement was racist because you are painting a group of people to be something they are not.

It's not my fault you don't think before you type ... I mean you said it ... not I. Just because @150,000 people think they are superior to others and they vote republican does not mean or infer that the other 61,000,000 are similar.

Report all you want because you just reported yourself.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=44244
    IMO you are your own worst enemy ... or perhaps you could blame your fingers for typing it ... but you did type it. Now if only you had added the word "some" and left out "voter base" ... that might have worked.:rolleyes:

10. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

It was the Hyperbole Gremlins. Again.

:singing:

//

11. PatsFanInMaine

PatsFanInMaine Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I would be more worried about attempts being made against John McCain. After all it is his opponents Pastor who preaches about bringing down the white man. I hope one of Barry's parishioner’s doesn't take the sermons literally.

12. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

The grim reaper will get him before any assasin.
    Are you seriously saying that McCain is a more likely target of assassination than Obama? That's a new one...I hadn't considered it.
    I would think Clinton would be ahead of both of them, actually. There are many people who couldn't tolerate her voice for four years. It's been used as a defense in domestic murder trials, I think:eek:

13. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Oh **** you. This post is despicable.

14. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

BHO has had full Secret Service protection for some time now. McCain doesn't.

FWIW.

15. elway7

elway7 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

And I have reported you!

16. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Likewise.

I also specifically mentioned it to Patters, and plan to send it to Ian as well. At some point NEM needs to be held accountable for the insanely racist, bigoted, hateful things he posts.

Do you know, just last night he was claiming he never posted that national anthem video he put up over the weekend that he then had to beg someone to delete for him?

17. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

What one of us hasn't thought about Obama being assassinated? The obvious reason is that he is a black person. A poll was conducted yesterday asking if the U.S. was ready for a black president. 76% affirmed that it was, WTF? My question would, were the 'no' answers based on the black candidate currently running or are we that racist. Why would we not be ready for a black president? I'd be interested in hearing any reasons (Obama answers excluded).
    I heard Ventura speak on Larry King the other night. He does make some mind provoking statements (poor people have had gov. assistance for 50 years and are still poor-Charles Barkley), and he's prone to make some off the wall comments. As far as an assassination attempt on Obama, I think he is correct. A politician who has the capacity to stir emotion in his speeches has a higher chance of being gunned down (JFK, RFK, King, Lincoln), additionally, tack on the absurd ingredient that he is black. Our government is still not above any type of cover-up (9/11 commision). Both JFK and RFK assasinations were covered-up and I would presume that MLK's was not a high priority and that the person of James Earl Ray wrapped things up nicely for J.Egar.

18. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +919 / 7 / -3

Here's my question here. Is Ventura saying Obama would be in trouble because he's independent, or because he's black? Clearly Obama is not an independent candidate, not in name, and not in platform. The specific context is hard to grasp in the text. He says "an independent" while mentioning Obama, but later refers to himself in that light, and refers to BO as "a black man in the position of president". Is Ventura's point that a non establishment president would be terminated? Cuz if he's calling Obama an independent then he looses me a little bit.

BTW, I love Jesse. I was hoping he'd toss his hat into the ring. He can be pscycho, and borderline ignorant with some of his comments, but he does tell it like it is. I'll never forget seeing him answering questions in a town hall type deal, and some woman b!tching to him about "how am I supposed to pay for my kids without welfare" (paraphrasing) to which Ventura replied "well who told you to have kids you couldn't afford? It's not someone else's job to pay for your kids". I was floored when I saw a candidate for office answer so bluntly. Too bad he didn't toss his hat into the ring. He'd be a joy just to listen to.

19. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +919 / 7 / -3

paul, you really don't need the H in there. Not you. Some other people it's expected, but you're a sharp dude who doesn't have to. ;)

20. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Well, it's like this...I thought about just saying "BO" but it just didn't seem right somehow. I mean, we've heard from Biden that Obama is a very "clean" person.

:D:D

In all seriousness though, the whole middle name thing is pretty stupid, IMO. And I really did wonder about just calling him "BO".

If you think "BO" is okay, it's fine with me.