PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jerome Solomon, just another negative nancy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradyManny

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
There's a chat going on the Globe site right now with Jerome Solomon. Everything has a negative slant on it, even when he's saying something positive.

The only person to take an objective stance on the Branch holdout thus far is Reiss, no surprise.

Anyway, I was going to post some excerpts from the chat, but I didn't deem much of being highlight worthy. Someone feel free to add their thoughts about anything he said....

Last edited:
Dude, what's in your kool-aid? Solomon was hardly negative at all and actually said many positive things about the team, like his comment near the end noting how all teams have weak spots but the Pat's coaching would do a good job hiding their shortcomings. Just because his every opinion wasn't Rah-Rah doesn't mean he's a "negative nancy."

I just read it and didn't think it was bad at all. He offered some wise-cracks, but nothing out of line. He offered his opinion and generally it wasn't a bad read.

He seemed upbeat about the team to me. What did strike me on several occasions is the tone that he'd rather be doing something else other than covering the Pats during the summer. There was the crack about rather being on the golf course (he's made that remark before) as an answer to someone's question re: isn't it better than covering the Texans. Several times throughout the chat I found myself thinking that this sounds like someone who is very bored.

I like his work in the Globe and he and Reiss have teamed up on some excellent and hilarious chats on boston.com in the past. Just seemed like he was not on his game today, I guess.

BTW, good luck getting any interviews from Brady, Jerome, after that remark about Bridget! LOL.

Last edited:
Mainly it's the Deion Branch issue. He's been hard on the Pats even though they made a perfectly legit offer to the guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solomon's tone was as evenhanded as they come, IMO. People need to relax.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back