Jerome Solomon chat transcript 15 Aug - who knew? Good Read

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great read.

I'll miss that guy.

I still think the secondary is subpar.

Last edited:
Jerome_Solomon
Belichick is almost stuck with what he has. But remember, Deion Branch will be here soon and most of your worries will subside.

hmmmm I wonder if he knows something?

Jerome's pretty relaxed and has a great sense of humor.

Used to cut up quite a bit when he did chats with Reiss.

That was a good read. Plenty of info and my view of Solomon has changed.

One of the most important bits of info for the Patriots and the fans is that he seems sure that Rodney will be back for opening day. Also, how important Rodney is in run support.

Willie55 said:
[/COLOR]

hmmmm I wonder if he knows something?

Same thing Holley has said four or five times this week.

I think they are both just reflecting the fact that if he doesn't show up when the payroll checks start getting cut he is beyond stupid. He said as much a few answers later - just his opinion that a guy who hasn't made a lot to date won't be able to stay away once the financial impilications become reality. The TC fines are bad enough, and if he shows up on the 2nd they may decide to let those ride. But he loses $62,500+ per week for every week of the regular season he misses. And since his holdout is getting him nowhere fast, why continue the exercise? He has to show by week 10 or he is stuck here indefinitely irrespective of the tag. But if he waits until week 10 to show they will certainly impose the fines and he will end up losing a little more than his entire $1M+ salary while exposing himself to risk (if he plays) or ridicule (if he doesn't - say a post return hangnail).

This whole work action thing was ill conceived on his and his agents part.

Last edited:
MoLewisrocks said:
I think they are both just reflecting the fact that if he doesn't show up when the payroll checks start getting cut he is beyond stupid. He said as much a few answers later - just his opinion that a guy who hasn't made a lot to date won't be able to stay away once the financial impilications become reality. The TC fines are bad enough, and if he shows up on the 2nd they may decide to let those ride. But he loses $62,500+ per week for every week of the regular season he misses. And since his holdout is getting him nowhere fast, why continue the exercise? He has to show by week 10 or he is stuck here indefinitely irrespective of the tag. But if he waits until week 10 to show they will certainly impose the fines and he will end up losing a little more than his entire $1M+ salary while exposing himself to risk (if he plays) or ridicule (if he doesn't - say a post return hangnail).

This whole work action thing was ill conceived on his and his agents part.

So how does he get out of it?
How does he save face?
How do the Pats get deal done without setting a precedent for other players?

Is there a way out of this hold out for both sides now or are we truly at an impasse?

I agree with Solomon on there being too many baseball obsessed people. I get sick of hearing about the fellowship of the miserable. It's not too bad now, but I swear the Sox purposely try to steal the Pats thunder. It's bad when it's football playoffs and sports radio is talking free agency in baseball.

Baseball makes me sick

fgssand said:
How does he save face?

Is there a way out of this hold out for both sides now or are we truly at an impasse?

Just take a page out of Ty Law's book. Call BB a liar, then say you can't feed your family. Then come back a week later and say, "It's taken out of context." "We're friends." "I'm going to give it my best." BS

fgssand said:
How does he save face?

I don't think Branch will have to do any "saving face" with his teammates. They all know it's a business. As long as he comes back in game shape and gives 100%, nobody will have a problem with him.

I thought this was rather interesting and amusing:

FireyeragentDeion
Who is the best interview on the team? Is there anyone on the team you can't stand?

Jerome_Solomon
Funniest? Josh Miller,
Best answers? Tedy Bruschi,
Most truthful? Rosevelt Colvin,
Best, young and doesn't know any better? Ellis Hobbs,
Best young, and knows better? Deion Branch,
Worst on a bad day? Belichick,
Person I can't stand? is that a trick question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back