PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jerome Bettis Retires

Status
Not open for further replies.
mgteich said:
I'm glad to see that the Super Bowl hasn't affected our usual ability no to able to give props to any player but a patriot.

He was a good RB who had tremendous longevity. Is there more to say than that?

He is also wildly overrated. We are talking about a guy who has only averaged 4 yards a carry 4 times in 13 years and he is considered a first ballot HOF. The press openly admits they love him and openly root for him because he loves them.

Smart move for him- it's been over for a while. If he hadn't retired he would have been cut next year.

PATSNUTme said:
Smart move for him- it's been over for a while. If he hadn't retired he would have been cut next year.

I bet we don't see this in the hi-lites:

Week 2 Post Season
Pittsburgh Steelers at 1:20 PIT 21 IND 18
1st and 2 at IND 2 (1:20) J.Bettis up the middle to IND 4 for -2 yards FUMBLES (G.Brackett), RECOVERED by IND-N.Harper at IND 7. N.Harper to IND 42 for 35 yards. :D

vlad335 said:
You guys are classy

What guys are you talking about?

Is this a Steeler troll? Wondering when you guys were going to start coming here gloating. Only there is nothing to really gloat about , now is there?

And do you want to talk about class. How about the steeeler fans booing Brady for flipping a coin. How about your coach celebrating on the sideline with 3:30 left in the game.

That's real class.

mgteich said:
I'm glad to see that the Super Bowl hasn't affected our usual ability no to able to give props to any player but a patriot.
Props to Alexander... almost cracked 100 yards against the vaunted Steeler D. Played with heart and got some tough yards.

:D

Wasn't there a guy from Detroit who was playing in this game? :confused:

I was not exptecting to be the lone dissenting opinion here, but I guess I am. I like Jerome and am happy he won. As another adult who knows what it is like to suffer from severe asthma as a child and to spend nights in the hospital in an oxygen tent with an IV in your arm struggling for every breath, I could not be happier for him!

When Tedy had his stroke last year, Jerome was very vocal in coming out and wishing Tedy well and saying that the NFL would be a worse place without him. He is a classy man and I wish him well. My bet is that he will end up on NFL Total Access next year......Rod Woodson drives me nuts!

Bill's Girl said:
I was not exptecting to be the lone dissenting opinion here, but I guess I am. I like Jerome and am happy he won. As another adult who knows what it is like to suffer from severe asthma as a child and to spend nights in the hospital in an oxygen tent with an IV in your arm struggling for every breath, I could not be happier for him!

When Tedy had his stroke last year, Jerome was very vocal in coming out and wishing Tedy well and saying that the NFL would be a worse place without him. He is a classy man and I wish him well. My bet is that he will end up on NFL Total Access next year......Rod Woodson drives me nuts!

I understand your emotional ties to The Bus. I never disliked him as a player on a person.

But, facts are facts. His football days are over and his real football playing days have been over for a while. It was time to retire and if he would have come back, he probably would have been cut.

I'm glad that he saw this and made the decission himself.

Bill's Girl said:

Aw, once the anger from this hideous game wears off, I'll go back to feeling as I normally do about Jerome...he seems like a nice guy and he was once a good player. I, too, suffer from asthma, though not as severely as Jerome. But when you put together the way the game was won coupled with the Bettis-focus all week long, it just leaves a very bitter taste in some people's mouths.

but if he'd been OUR fat f#ck...

mgteich said:
the man gained a lot of yards, more than john riggins, tony dorsett, eddie george, marcus allen, franco harris, thurman thomas.
no bar fights, no stabbed by wife, no "my boyz killed him, i didn't", no dope, no tax problems.
he'd have looked good in a patriot uniform with that fat gut and that butt.
you know, it's like rodney harrison: dirty player, unneccesary hits, talking trash all the time, real ***h0le. yeah. but he's OUR ***h0le, understand.
ol' jerome would have looked pretty good in a patriot uniform.

Bella*chick said:
Aw, once the anger from this hideous game wears off, I'll go back to feeling as I normally do about Jerome...he seems like a nice guy and he was once a good player. I, too, suffer from asthma, though not as severely as Jerome. But when you put together the way the game was won coupled with the Bettis-focus all week long, it just leaves a very bitter taste in some people's mouths.

.....and considering the fact we could have beaten that Seahawks team in our sleep! :(

P.S. All three members of the Kool-Aid Chior are asthmatic....strange!

I'm sorry, but Jerome Bettis ABSOLUTELY does NOT belong in the HOF. Lets put this in perspective. Antowain Smith has a career 3.9 YPC. Thats the same exact number as Jerome. So basically, Jerome has been Antowain Smith for a very long time. I don't care if he ranks 5th all time. He was a product of a system that runs 70% of the time. Maybe he could be in the Hall of Durability, but not the Hall of Fame

Bill's Girl said:

I have severe asthma...and I cannot stand the guy. OK, not him personally...but the needless hype that surrounds him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes