PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jerome Bettis is an idiot

Status
Not open for further replies.

cblesz

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Anyone see this guy on NBC last night? Collingsworth, Barber and the moron Bettis were at the table discussing the upcoming Pats-Colts game. Collinsworth, who has no love loss for the Pats says the Pats will roll. Bettis, we all know how much HE loves the Pats says, "I am taking the Colts"...big, big surprise Jerome.

Not a shock that he picks the Colts as he hates New England. The big surprise is his reasoning...with him being such an intellectual. He says, "I just don't think they can run the ball". Really Jerome? Hmmmm..let's look at the stats you ******:

Yesterday against Washington:
Maroney 14 rushes 75 yards
Faulk 5 rushes 32 yards
Evan 5 rushes 24 yards

Gee, Jerome that is a total of 131 yards for an average of 5.46 yards per carry (not even including Cassel and Brady).

In addition, Jerome (now sound out every word):

Patriots are ranked #4 in the NFL for rushing. They have an average of 4.2 yards per carry, 1,086 yards total rushing and they gain 135.8 yards per game. Who is running NBC sports? Unreal...they have that freaking jackass Olberman and now Bettis is actually dribbling his garbage. It's kind of funny as you can see how painful it is for Tiki barber sitting at the desk with these guys...

Anyone see this guy on NBC last night? Collingsworth, Barber and the moron Bettis were at the table discussing the upcoming Pats-Colts game. Collinsworth, who has no love loss for the Pats says the Pats will roll. Bettis, we all know how much HE loves the Pats says, "I am taking the Colts"...big, big surprise Jerome.

Not a shock that he picks the Colts as he hates New England. The big surprise is his reasoning...with him being such an intellectual. He says, "I just don't think they can run the ball". Really Jerome? Hmmmm..let's look at the stats you ******:

Yesterday against Washington:
Maroney 14 rushes 75 yards
Faulk 5 rushes 32 yards
Evan 5 rushes 24 yards

Gee, Jerome that is a total of 131 yards for an average of 5.46 yards per carry (not even including Cassel and Brady).

In addition, Jerome (now sound out every word):

Patriots are ranked #4 in the NFL for rushing. They have an average of 4.2 yards per carry, 1,086 yards total rushing and they gain 135.8 yards per game. Who is running NBC sports? Unreal...they have that freaking jackass Olberman and now Bettis is actually dribbling his garbage. It's kind of funny as you can see how painful it is for Tiki barber sitting at the desk with these guys...
Well he is entitled to his opinion. doesnt make him an idiot , same way it doesnt make people who pick the pats without reason smart.
that being said,
i dont think the pats WILL run the ball much on the colts so bettis will end up looking right in that regard. Every game they played last 3 times they have kept throwing consistently. Even dillon said few months back that they couldve run a little more in the 2nd half in the AFCCG and they wouldve won. For some reason you will see,maroney run well but run less.

Well he is entitled to his opinion. doesnt make him an idiot , same way it doesnt make people who pick the pats without reason smart.
that being said,
i dont think the pats WILL run the ball much on the colts so bettis will end up looking right in that regard. Every game they played last 3 times they have kept throwing consistently. Even dillon said few months back that they couldve run a little more in the 2nd half in the AFCCG and they wouldve won. For some reason you will see,maroney run well but run less.

His opinion is based on facts that don't exist. So calling him an idiot works. If he said i will pick the Colts cause they are damn good team, ok i can accept that. But i will pick the colts because the Pats can't run the ball, reality proves it otherwise.

that being said,

What if they realize that the pass-first strategy has lost them 3 games in a row?

You should stop watching NBC like everyone else

that being said,

What makes Bettis an idiot is the fact that his hate for the Pats is more important to him than reality.

But I wouldn't expect you to understand something that deep, since you are too busy starting 5 threads a minute about what everybody else in the media happened to say.

that being said,

His opinion doesn't necessarily make an an idiot all the time, but being born one does.

Hey, come on. Indianapolis averages a whopping 4.5 yards more than us EACH GAME!!!! 4.5 yards!!!! Don't you see? That's a HUGE advantage! It's not like we average 40.6 yards of total offense more than them or anything to set that number off. We're talking 4.5 yards a game here! 4.5 yards! Bettis is a genius. He makes perfect sense. I don't know how we can overcome that. What if we have 4 downs from the 1, and they have 4 downs from the 1? THEYWILLWINBY28!!!!!

What if they realize that the pass-first strategy has lost them 3 games in a row?

dont think so. and i actually dont mind throwing to score points. The ball control offense which all experts suggest is quite meaningless if you score only 3 pts or dont score. The colts dont need much time to score so you have to come out and play to your strength which is throwing to score points.

Well he is entitled to his opinion.

This echoes something of a cultural change that seems to coincide with the rise of Fox News and hate radio - the devaluing of facts and the uptick of the value on opinion. People are indeed entitled to their own opinion. What they are NOT entitled to is their own FACTS.

Bettis is an idiot, not for picking the Colts but for spouting baseless nonsense as to WHY he's picking the Colts. He's miserably bad at his job and clearly hasn't done ANY research. What a totally fun, easy job that is. And how little prep does it take to do it well. And even if it took a LOT of prep, what FUN prep to do.

No excuse. He's an idiot.

Jerome Bettis, huh?
Thanks for coming in...here's your check.
Now, how the hell does this ****** have a job speaking and analyzing? He also makes comments about the integrity of certains coaches and organizations that sound like they originate somewhere up his large intestine, while at the same time, admitting he faked an injury one year so he wouldn't get cut by the Steelers. What kind of nude photos of NBC executives with barnyard animals does this guy have?

This echoes something of a cultural change that seems to coincide with the rise of Fox News and hate radio - the devaluing of facts and the uptick of the value on opinion. People are indeed entitled to their own opinion. What they are NOT entitled to is their own FACTS.

Bettis is an idiot, not for picking the Colts but for spouting baseless nonsense as to WHY he's picking the Colts. He's miserably bad at his job and clearly hasn't done ANY research. What a totally fun, easy job that is. And how little prep does it take to do it well. And even if it took a LOT of prep, what FUN prep to do.

But he "fake limps" really well....

My point was that bettis picked the Colts for a reason that makes no sense and based on his hatred for the team. That is why I called him an idiot. He claims we cannot rush the ball...but the facts speak for themselves. See, Bettis is acting like a true liberal...ignoring the facts and formulating an opinion or view based on emotion, not factual information...how was that patsox23?:)

No need to bring politics into this, with your Foxnews comment---(there is a board for that dribble)...

If history is any indicator, you shouldn't worry yourself at Jerome's ridiculous pre-game predictions.

After the Patriots completely humiliate the Colts, Bettis will reveal that his pre-game analysis was hampered by a bad head cold which prevented him from thinking clearly.

It had nothing to do with his incredulous lateral tangents of thought when he should have been driving his point home up the middle.

If it just wasn't for that bad head cold, he would have surely had a probowl-caliber performance!

He says, "I just don't think they can run the ball". Really Jerome? Hmmmm..let's look at the stats you ******:

well done. I'm proud of you.

Good stuff. But ya know, he probably won't last if what you say is true. Another fool will take his place. It is better to be a funny idiot on these shows.

03_22-flag.jpg

Penalty. Unnecessary bullcrap on patsox23. Take it somewhere else. Do not post this crap here.

Last edited:
he can have his opinion...who cares.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes