PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jerome Bettis. Ben Roethlisberger. Tom Brady. Best players on their team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatriotSeven

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
They were interviewing him on ESPN and it really surprised me to hear Jerome said what he said. They were discussing the Steelers' run game and he was expressing his opinion on how they need to be careful balancing the run-pass playcalling, because you don't want to take the ball away too much out of your best player's hands.

He was asked to re-iterate, that even though he was a running back he considered Ben the best player, and he said absolutely. And that Brady was the Patriots best player and you have to find a balance between the run game and not taking the ball out of your best players hands too much.

That's a huge statement coming from someone like Jerome Bettis. Classy guy.

He believes your best player should have the ball the most in order to make the final impact and decision on the outcome of the game. Not that I agree this year Ben was the best player, and it would have probably helped to keep it out of his hands, but I still think what he said is pretty freaking cool. I guess that kind of explains why they chose to play Ben in that state. That's how they see the guy in that organization.

Kind of puts that QB sneak touchdown by Brady in perspective, doesn't it? Where they went with him twice.

Last edited:
Kind of puts that QB sneak touchdown by Brady in perspective, doesn't it? Where they went with him twice.

What really puts it in perspective are BB's comments yesterday (Monday). I'll paraphrase:

It was a really heady play by Brady. The linemen were playing to submarine and stop the short run, and the linebackers were playing deep off the line so they could scrape downhill and fill the gaps for an off-tackle play, which we run a lot of in that situation. Brady noticed the opportunity and made the most of it.

Tom's the man. Honestly for a guy his size, he's taken a pounding this year going back to the Broncos game, and the hit he took. Then him doing that right there. I think we have old Tom back now.

I don't care what anyone says, that Super Bowl loss, bit him. It hurt. But I think he's over it.

yes it was sorry.

Last edited:
I think you hit the wrong thread.

P.S. Don't ever watch Starship Troopers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes