PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jerod Mayo Q&A, 4/26

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher_Price

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Here’s the full look at Jerod Mayo’s recently concluded Q&A with the New England media: Q: Were you surprised that it was the Patriots who called your name and that high? JM: I definitely was surprised. This is a winning organization and even for them to have a pick this high really surprised me. I’m just overwhelmed [...]

More...

Great interview, thanks. He sounds like a good kid, and funny. I like that he was doing yard work when he got the call. And he's already joking with reporters about his name.

He's certainly got a knack for the Belichick speak. He said "sponge" about 50 times :D

Everything sounds great though. Confident but not ****y, sounds intelligent, sounds like he works hard.

I like the pick even more now :)

I'm lovin' this kid more and more. Someone on NFL Network chose him to be Defensive Rookie of the Year.

My favorite comment from him: Special teams is a third of the game.

This is the one that makes me giddy:

Q: You said a minute ago that you just want to come in and make a contribution. How confident are you that you can come in and make an impact your first year?
JM: To be honest, I’m really confident. When people hear contribution, they think, “Well, this guy is going to come in and get Defensive Rookie of the Year,” And things like that. That’s a goal of mine, but at the same time, you can make a contribution on special teams. That’s one-third of the game. If that’s the case, then that’s the case. If I come in and do become a starter and I want to make a contribution there, that’s a way to go. Any part of the game, any aspect of the game that the coaches want me to play, I feel like I can succeed in.

This is the one that makes me giddy:

Q: You said a minute ago that you just want to come in and make a contribution. How confident are you that you can come in and make an impact your first year?
JM: To be honest, I’m really confident. When people hear contribution, they think, “Well, this guy is going to come in and get Defensive Rookie of the Year,” And things like that. That’s a goal of mine, but at the same time, you can make a contribution on special teams. That’s one-third of the game. If that’s the case, then that’s the case. If I come in and do become a starter and I want to make a contribution there, that’s a way to go. Any part of the game, any aspect of the game that the coaches want me to play, I feel like I can succeed in.

Sounds as though they already sent down some of that Gillette Kool Aid... and he drank it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing