PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jerod Mayo, Pro-Bowler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSn

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Mankins & Mayo break into Top 5 - Reiss' Pieces - Boston.com

Can you imagine Mayo making the Pro-Bowl as a rookie? That would be the icing on top of our clear best draft pick this year.

If our guys keep playing like this, I could see a few of the Patriots making it. Seeing Cassel and Mayo get there would be killer.

Mankins & Mayo break into Top 5 - Reiss' Pieces - Boston.com

Can you imagine Mayo making the Pro-Bowl as a rookie? That would be the icing on top of our clear best draft pick this year.

If our guys keep playing like this, I could see a few of the Patriots making it. Seeing Cassel and Mayo get there would be killer.

Mayo a Pro-Bowler and the Deffensive Rookie of the year? Nice!!!!!!!

Imagine what this kid can do in the next few years.

I think he certainly should be going to the Pro Bowl and the best part is he isn't done developing (not that anyone is)

After R Edwards I hate it wehn Pats go to the Pro Bowl... esp rookies.

Mayo deserves to go way ahead of Bruschi (who is 4th amongst LB's). The pro bowl fan voting is mostly a popularity contest, anyways. the other 2/3rds of votes come from players and coaches.

Shouldn't Wes Welker based on his consistent numbers be a Pro Bowler?

Shouldn't Wes Welker based on his consistent numbers be a Pro Bowler?

Yes, I agree on Wes, too. Problem is, he isn't flashy, and doesn't get many ESPN type highlights. No long bombs (last game being the exception). Just steady, well above average play (I'd say exceptional play). That doesn't resonate with the voting public, unfortunately.

Mayo a Pro-Bowler and the Deffensive Rookie of the year? Nice!!!!!!!

Imagine what this kid can do in the next few years.

I know! I cant wait, get a few more solid players in the draft, and our "old and slow D" suddenly isnt so old and slow.

i know ILB might not be a top priority this year, but I would love Maeuluga from USC to put next to him for the next 10 years.

I think he certainly should be going to the Pro Bowl and the best part is he isn't done developing (not that anyone is)

I'm pretty sure that Ki Jana Carter is done developing.

sorry, i can't help it.

I voted for him. I can' think of any inside LB in the AFC that is playing better than him right now.

i know ILB might not be a top priority this year, but I would love Maeuluga from USC to put next to him for the next 10 years.

He won't get past the Chargers in the first round. They are in dire need of ILB.

Last edited:
I voted for him. I can' think of any inside LB in the AFC that is playing better than him right now.

He won't get past the Chargers in the first round. They are in dire need of ILB.

Thats true he wont get past SD, BUT if he did would you draft him?

Thats true he wont get past SD, BUT if he did would you draft him?

As of right now, yes. This is because I don't know of anybody else that would be a better pick for the Pats right now. As you know, player's stock rises and falls right before draft day. With that said, their may be someone even better for the Pats to take even if Malaluga is available.

As of right now, I don't think Guyton looks like a full time ILB. I think his role will be a lot like Kevin Burnett's in Dallas where he plays specifically as coverage LB. Also, Guyton looks pretty thin to be an ILB. However, I like what I've seen from Guyton and get excited everytime he's on the field. He's a great athlete.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes