PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jerod Mayo has big expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Certainly. I hope you didn't think I was saying it was impossible, just not usual. The two players you listed are going to go down as two of the very best ILBs to ever play the game, so the fact that they were able to do it is actually not too surprising. However, I still believe that it really isn't common for many ILBs to do it.

Not at all. I was just offering some stats on the highwater mark for sacks from the ILB position. Clearly those 2 are the best at applying pressure on the QB from that position. If you look at some of the better ILBs that played in a BB 3-4 defense (Harry Carson & Pepper Johnson), even they knotched up a couple sacks a year.

I think we are all in agreement on the potential for Mayo to have a few sacks this year.

BB knows that he has a special player in Mayo. He also knows that he needs to generate a pass rush. For Mayo, 10 may be far fetched, but IMO between 2-5 is a very reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back