PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jermaine Cunningham...Who?

Status
Not open for further replies.

olschool

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Has anyone seen or heard anything about Cunningham ?

Does he have Defensive End / Outside Linebacker, I Don't Get It syndrome ?

Is he BB's secret weapon ?

If so, BB sure guards his secrets well.

Re: Jermaine Cunningham...Who ?

Has anyone seen or heard anything about Cunningham ?

Does he have Defensive End / Outside Linebacker, I Don't Get It syndrome ?

Is he BB's secret weapon ?

If so, BB sure guards his secrets well.

There were some early reports that he was acquitting himself well in the passing game (coverage, diagnosing plays, etc.) so based on that, It seems that he has the potential to play with his hands on the ground or stand-up.

But hes hurt so we don't know for sure.

Most likely he has Jeremy Mincey syndrome. Mincey was a standout on the florida DL too...about the same size.

I don't think they cut this guy b/c he's a 2nd rounder, but still, the parallels are not good.

Most likely he has Jeremy Mincey syndrome. Mincey was a standout on the florida DL too...about the same size.

I don't think they cut this guy b/c he's a 2nd rounder, but still, the parallels are not good.
Mincey couldnt play. Cunningham is innjured.
You dont know if they will cut him???????? He is injured.

...and so it begins.

Now that Ron Brace is beginning to make plays, I guess the mob needs some other second rounder to pick on.

Cunningham hasn't even finished his first pre-season. He was learning a new position, and now he's injured. Lets not over-react...

since we have not seen or heard from him since the beggining of training camp my thinking is this year will be a lost year for him.. He will be on Ir or inactive most of the year..

since we have not seen or heard from him since the beggining of training camp my thinking is this year will be a lost year for him.. He will be on Ir or inactive most of the year..
Actually, all reports were that he was doing very well in camp, and working with the first unit until sustaining an injury in the combined practices with the Saints. He is not recovered so hasnt been able to play in the 3 pre season games. We have received no word on the severity of his injury. How does that lead you to conclude he has a season ending injury? He is as likely to be at practice today as be out for the year.

Sweet Jesus...several reports have said its minor and they are being overly cautious. Clay Matthews came in late, started late and made an impact. Not saying that will be the case with Cunningham but my god, relax people. One bad game and people go off the deep end. Preseason 2004, 3rd game, Cincy, Pats lost 31-3 and had probably their most dominant team that year. Let's see what happens before we declare the sky is falling.

This is such an obtuse point to make. Because Jermaine reminds you of another player therfore he is going to be the same. Give the kid a chance to learn the system and play before you throw him under the bus aka Ron Brace.

This is such an obtuse point to make. Because Jermaine reminds you of another player therfore he is going to be the same. Give the kid a chance to learn the system and play before you throw him under the bus aka Ron Brace.

Of course, one could say that elevating Ron Brace to HOF status has been a bit premature, as well.........

Of course, one could say that elevating Ron Brace to HOF status has been a bit premature, as well.........
Yes one week he was an out of shape bum, the next hes the savior. Lets see him play a few real games. I know i thought at the begining of TC i thought that he could be a wast of a pick, but i and a lot of others thought he had flunked the Conditioning test and that he wasn't motivated. It turned out it was the Physical that he flunked...big difference. he had to pass the Physical to take the Conditioning test.

Last edited:

Having Brace healthy and progressing as an NFL defensive lineman is a good thing.....

Lets hope this sprain is minor and he gets some reps in vs Gints.

Cunningham needs to get on the field before we jump all over him......haven't a clue how good/bad he is.

The most excersize I get all day is jumping to conclusions. :bricks:

Yes one week he was an out of shape bum, the next hes the savior. Lets see him play a few real games. I know i thought at the begining of TC i thought that he could be a wast of a pick, but i and a lot of others thought he had flunked the Conditioning test and that he wasn't motivated. It turned out it was the Physical that he flunked...big difference. he had to pass the Physical to take the Conditioning test.

This is whats wrong with this board.
Everything has to be all or nothing.
When Brace was out he was a loser, a fat slob, a scumbag being treated as if he was a freaking child molester.
Then he plays, plays really well, and when that is pointed out, that means he is a savior??????
He has played tremendously, not good, tremendously in the parts of 2 games he has played. If you dont think so, go back and watch.
Does that mean he is an all-pro? No. It means he played at a very high level, and that is really encouraging. To me it is no more encouraging because people ripped him, it is encouraging because it looks like he can help us win football games.

I don't believe that anyone is elevating him to HPF status, or anything even close. What many are saying, however, is that finally he had a decent game and there may be hope that he will develop into a solid player as a 2nd round pick should do.

In either case, many people here recognized his game on Thursday night as an upgrade from his previous efforts, and that can be something good, and hope that he will continue to play as well.

I am saying he had TWO tremendous games.
Last I checked though pre-season play doesnt get you in the HOF.
Of course around here if you make any type of positive comment some tool has to come along exagerate it and dismiss it for being exagerated.
I have never seen a fear of positive expectations like there is on this board. It has become smart people say everything in the world sucks and any hint that anything may be positive means you are an ignorant moron.
I am still trying to figure out how this board became that, but it sucks either way.

Of course around here if you make any type of positive comment some tool has to come along exagerate it and dismiss it for being exagerated.
I have never seen a fear of positive expectations like there is on this board. It has become smart people say everything in the world sucks and any hint that anything may be positive means you are an ignorant moron.
I am still trying to figure out how this board became that, but it sucks either way.

i think thets cause most of us are also red sox fans so we have to see the gloom and doom in everything lol

Because it is exagerated. In the fist game, Brace played against back ups and had a solid game. In the second game, Brace played against an offensive line that is ranked (28th) in the NFL and had another great showing. Sorry that we are not rushing to hail Brace as the second coming of Seymor but you have to admit it is a little silly that oppinions on this kid have swayed so quickly when two weeks ago he was viewed as a bust by a lot of people.

Because it is exagerated. In the fist game, Brace played against back ups and had a solid game. In the second game, Brace played against an offensive line that is ranked (28th) in the NFL and had another great showing. Sorry that we are not rushing to hail Brace as the second coming of Seymor but you have to admit it is a little silly that oppinions on this kid have swayed so quickly when two weeks ago he was viewed as a bust by a lot of people.

How is assessing his play exxagerated?
I watched him play, and assessed how he did. What I saw was:
-He manhandled the guy across from him consistently
-He played off of the 2 gap technique effectively, found the ball, and moved effectively to it to make plays
-He OFTEN drove his man back in a bull rush and disrupted the pocket

Im not talking about stats. I am talking about how he played the position.

If you chose to think that discussing the fact that he dominated the guy across from him means that he is the second coming of Richard Seymour, that is you that are doing the exxagerating which is just what I am saying.
I said he played great. You said saying he is Richard Seymour is exxagerating. You created an exxagerated version of what was said then called it exxagerating. Get it?

I could care less what an uninformed opinion of him was.
Does it really matter that some moron said cut him because he is out of shape when he is on the field playing now?

I am basin my opinion on what he has done on the field. What an internet crybaby said when he was injured is irrelevant.

You seem to be acting as if every comment ever made on this board was made by one person who can't make up their mind.

i think thets cause most of us are also red sox fans so we have to see the gloom and doom in everything lol

I guess, but its getting really, really bad.
I challenge anyone to find positive (other than obvious i.e. Brady) comments or optimism posted on this board that isnt responded to with people insultng, belittling or calling it biased.
The nature of this board has become a watchdog to trounce any optimism as blind homerism.

This is whats wrong with this board.
Everything has to be all or nothing.
When Brace was out he was a loser, a fat slob, a scumbag being treated as if he was a freaking child molester.
Then he plays, plays really well, and when that is pointed out, that means he is a savior??????
He has played tremendously, not good, tremendously in the parts of 2 games he has played. If you dont think so, go back and watch.
Does that mean he is an all-pro? No. It means he played at a very high level, and that is really encouraging. To me it is no more encouraging because people ripped him, it is encouraging because it looks like he can help us win football games.

I haven't gone back and watched the last two games as closely as you AJ, but I agree with the thoughts on this board. This board is so freaking BiPolar it's regoddamndiculous!

Good. Now that we've identified the issue, let's leave that sh*t at the door... or in the RedSox forum.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes