PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jermaine Cunningham = No Justin Tuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. Two now.

Cool. I wonder why it took so long for them to change that stat???? LOL. Does an NFL official go through previous weeks games looking for stats to change?

Chandler could even have 2 more sacks if they weren't negated by flags.

Last edited:
Cool. I wonder why it took so long for them to change that stat???? LOL. Does an NFL official go through previous weeks games looking for stats to change?

I assume the Ellis Sports Bureau review the previous week and adjust the stats.

Happened last yr when Ninko got the most yards lost in a sack vs Tebow (4th and 28 I think) and then they adjusted it and found out that he only tied the record.

I am sure you guys saw Cunningham lined up over the Guard Multiply times Sunday Night to no avail. I would like BB the scrap that idea and play Cunningham exclusively at Left LDE/LOLB where he can use his speed against the Tackle or TE's. We saw how Tuck abused Mankins in Two SB's but JC is no Justin Tuck by any stretch of our imagination. Play him where he's effective and not where he's not.

Do you think playing on the line with Umenyiora and Jason Pierre Paul could help?

Oh by the way for the season Tuck has 10 tackles 0 sacks, Cunningham has 6 tackles and 1 sack.

Tuck has had nearly 5 times as many snaps.

LOL, Cunningham is not even a poor man's Jarvis Green. He is the essence of a JAG.

forcing a fumble on a qb still in the pocket counts as a sack whether you down him or not. coaches didnt register it most likely because it wasnt an actual sack in the traditional sense...or maybe further review suggested something different.

Last edited:
I saw him make a possible game changing 13 yard sack on Flacco, late in the 4th quarter, a big time play...negated by an illegal contact 5 yard penalty on a phantom Ravens player who didn't exist.

LOL, Cunningham is not even a poor man's Jarvis Green. He is the essence of a JAG.

The Patriots made a big mistake not re-signing Anderson. Chandler Jones
would be even more effective if Anderson was on the other end.

I don't disagree with the concept but I do have a major problem with the money. Anderson is good but not worth 4 years/$19.5 million. The length of the contract is a major problem. The Pats need to shed dead money not compound their cap issues after this year.

The other issue in this is that now we know that the Pats were offering extra money to Waters which could have been put towards Anderson or another veteran offensive lineman.

http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20120928/SPORTS/120928822/1003

Last edited:
I don't disagree with the concept but I do have a major problem with the money. Anderson is good but not worth 4 years/$19.5 million. The length of the contract is a major problem. The Pats need to shed dead money not compound their cap issues after this year.

The other issue in this is that now we know that the Pats were offering extra money to Waters which could have been put towards Anderson or another veteran offensive lineman.

Work ethic drives Bills' Anderson - Sports - The Buffalo News

I think it's kind of like some other situations where we may have been much more interested had another team not come and thrown crazy at them.

4 yrs/20 million is borderline crazy for a guy like Anderson.

5 tackles 1 sack playing on a dline with 3 studs. You're off your rocker.

5 tackles 1 sack playing on a dline with 3 studs. You're off your rocker.

It remains to be seen whether or not Anderson is TBC version 2.0, but I'm guessing there's a decent chance that may be true.

I saw him make a possible game changing 13 yard sack on Flacco, late in the 4th quarter, a big time play...negated by an illegal contact 5 yard penalty on a phantom Ravens player who didn't exist.

I think keeping Cunningham was a complete no-brainer, despite the popular belief on this forum.

Why draft him high in the 2nd round, teach him the ropes, make him stronger/faster, etc if you aren't going to keep him for another year for a longer look?

Especially considering the fact that he was injured and had Carter in front of him last year (year 2).

If your name is Shawn Crable and you have other issues to be questioned, then that's a different story, but I was a bit surprised to find so many not wanting to keep Cunningham. It wasn't until the last PS game or two when he started showing up on many 53 man projections.

That appears to be, from watching him play, a very uninformed opinion.

Anderson is nothing more than a decent situational pass rusher.
Cunningham will end up being twice the player.

Anderson is nothing more than a decent situational pass rusher.
Cunningham will end up being twice the player.

I wish I could share your optimism. Cunningham has proven nothing more than he can be a role player for the Pats so far. He's not shown to be as good as Hightower or Jones who are both rookies and have won starter roles on our defense.

The comparison to Justin Tuck is kind of unfair though. There are a lot of players in the NFL who aren't as good as Tuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back