PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jermaine Cunningham = No Justin Tuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys lets asses this guys talent that is being reffed by incompetent lingerie league reject refs that cant even call holding on full on choke holds on Chandler Jones!

Asses?
huh.gif

He drew a holding penalty that would've been a sack. He got close a few other times.

Honestly, the d-line was getting held on almost every play. On that 27 yard pass to Ray Rice, Ninkovich had the edge until the Ravens' tackle reached around his shoulder and put him in a headlock. That play should've been at least hurry, if not a sack. The officiating was a joke in that game.

Last edited:
That is some measuring stick you use there. Lets compare every player on the roster to one the best players at his position league wide and then if they aren't as good we will bench them.

Cunningham through 3 weeks has a sack and several pressures playing a small role as an inside rusher that is pretty good.

Exactly.

Of course Cunningham's no Justin Tuck. No one in his right mind would think Cunningham is. But that doesn't mean he can't be productive.

Personally, I think that LDE is a position to target next April. I'm comfortable that Rob Ninkovich, Jake Bequette and Cunningham can all be productive contributors at DE/OLB. But as things currently stand I don't see any of them being the long term solution opposite Chandler Jones that the defense really needs to consistently dominate.

I am sure you guys saw Cunningham lined up over the Guard Multiply times Sunday Night to no avail. I would like BB the scrap that idea and play Cunningham exclusively at Left LDE/LOLB where he can use his speed against the Tackle or TE's. We saw how Tuck abused Mankins in Two SB's but JC is no Justin Tuck by any stretch of our imagination. Play him where he's effective and not where he's not.

What are you talking about, he got a sack there v the Titans and would have against ravens but was being held like it was no ones business, one got called but i counted at least t other times he was just mugged.

But i will thank you for pointing out Cunningham is not a Pro Bowl DE, that one took some keen insight.

Id actually like to see more Jermaine Cunningham.....

He can't be any worse than Ninkovich.

He drew a holding penalty that would've been a sack. He got close a few other times.

Honestly, the d-line was getting held on almost every play. On that 27 yard pass to Ray Rice, Ninkovich had the edge until the Ravens' tackle reached around his shoulder and put him in a headlock. That play should've been at least hurry, if not a sack. The officiating was a joke in that game.

You are right on that one. Regular NFL refs would never allow holding like that. Every d line in the league would look like a bunch of stiffs.

Exactly.

Of course Cunningham's no Justin Tuck. No one in his right mind would think Cunningham is. But that doesn't mean he can't be productive.

Personally, I think that LDE is a position to target next April. I'm comfortable that Rob Ninkovich, Jake Bequette and Cunningham can all be productive contributors at DE/OLB. But as things currently stand I don't see any of them being the long term solution opposite Chandler Jones that the defense really needs to consistently dominate.
You may be right but I don't see why Cunningham doesn't at least deserve a chance to be the #1 LDE. He can't be anymore ineffective to what they're using there now.

I am sure you guys saw Cunningham lined up over the Guard Multiply times Sunday Night to no avail. I would like BB the scrap that idea and play Cunningham exclusively at Left LDE/LOLB where he can use his speed against the Tackle or TE's. We saw how Tuck abused Mankins in Two SB's but JC is no Justin Tuck by any stretch of our imagination. Play him where he's effective and not where he's not.

Guess you didn't watch the first two games where Cunningham lined up inside in the Nickle and Dime packages and was effective..

Hey, I know this is off topic but I didn't think this question was thread worthy- Has Chandler Jones had 1 or 2 sacks??

Maybe you should just call BB and let him know what you want him to do? I doubt BB will read your thread.

Hey, I know this is off topic but I didn't think this question was thread worthy- Has Chandler Jones had 1 or 2 sacks??

One, a strip sack that was returned for a TD.

It's confusing though, NFL.com, espn, and a few others list him with 2 sacks.

Maybe they realize that it was a BS holding call on Spikes on the sack he got in the Ravens game and are giving it to him anyway. :D

They credited him with one in Arizona. He did strip the ball from Kolb on a scramble, but Kolb was over the line of scrimmage. They may have accidentally credited him with that as a sack.

Cunningham has a clear advantage against a lot of guards, and, since the OP apparently missed it, he beat the right guard against the Ravens so badly that the replacement refs saw it:eek: and drew a holding call. He dupes a guard 3-4 times a game.

A lot of people are thinking Jones' strip on Kolb was a sack as well. I believe he was a yard or two past the line of scrimmage.

Yyyyeeeeeeeaaaahhhhhh.

Tom Brady is no...

Oh.

Wait a minute...

Bench Ninkovich; Start Cunningham.

I think before he takes Ninko's starting role he needs to have better discipline and be more stout against the run. What I might consider is trying to find someone else to be the interior speed rusher and let Cunningham rush the edge but without someone else to be that guy Cunninghams keeps the rolel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back