PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jermaine Cunningham - BUST

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the opposite problem with McCourty. He looks very good on film, but has one twin brother, barring injury, in any sport, completely surpassed another? Please let me know if anyone can think of an example (PLEASE, I so want to be wrong about this).
Brook Lopez?

Its amazing how some of you are already calling some draft picks a bust when they have yet to play a down in an NFL game!! Theres a big difference between a 2-gap 3-4 defense and a 1 gap attacking defense. BB likes to get high football IQ players. I am not passing judgment on any player till they play games!! Cunningham can be a great player or a bust. So can Spikes or McCourty. We will see when the season starts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NhPatsFan56
I have the opposite problem with McCourty. He looks very good on film, but has one twin brother, barring injury, in any sport, completely surpassed another? Please let me know if anyone can think of an example (PLEASE, I so want to be wrong about this).

Brook Lopez?

I you look at their numbers per minute... they're about the same in most categories (or very close) and they were only drafted about 5 spots apart. Not a huge difference. One is just a backup and one gets to play. Brook would probably be a backup too if he played behind Stoudemire. Not the difference that would be needed for Devin to be a good use of the first pick.

Whew: I don't know where to start.

The arrogance thing is something that WEEI's D & C cooked up to try to gin up something bad about BB. The weak minded among us actually believe it.

How can you say that your player evaluation (based on a drugstore draft guide) is better BB's? That is arrogance.

Trading up that high in this draft was a bad move because the contracts will be astronomical and the dept was so great later in the draft.

Agree with you. This guy's talking like he's got 6 SB rings in his house.

Anyone think the Pats were looking at that Jason Orlids kid the Steelers took right before Cunningham?

Anyone think the Pats were looking at that Jason Orlids kid the Steelers took right before Cunningham?

Looking at? Maybe. Seriously considered? I don't think so. Even though NE and Pitt both play, primarily, the 3-4; they are different styles and look for different style players on the edge.

Worilds just doesn't fit the prototype that BB looks for in this OLBs, especially in the 2nd round.

SSDD

Pats will seriously regret passing on Jerry Hughes and not trading up to get Graham.

Another draft, another year without the OLB we need.

I can play that game too!

Richard Seymour - BUST
Pats will seriously regret passing on David Terrell and not trading up to get Justin Smith.

Another draft, another year without the position we need.

There, you've got the formula down pat. Thanks for sharing!
Now just do this for the past 10 drafts or so, and you will have recorded all of BB's failings as an evaluator of talent! Have fun mindlessly filling in the blanks to the formula!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down