PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jermaine Cunningham - BUST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the tip, Nostradamus.

Like many people on this board, you fail to realize that players like Graham and Hughes are too short for our two-gap 3-4 scheme, which requires taller, longer OLBs to set the edge in the run game. This is why BB has often spoken in the past about finding the 6'3-6'5 guys who run in the 4.6 range (Cunnigham: 6'3 266 lbs 4.68 40). Hughes and Graham both went to one-gap 4-3 teams. You obviously are too dumb or lazy to realize that successful scouting in the NFL is scheme specific. That or someone is just a wittle cwanky because they didn't get there binkies. wa wa wa.

This wasn't a highlights video, it was just showing all of his snaps for that particular game. Videos like this are a dime a dozen on youtube.

The guy has 2 fewer career sacks than Dunlap and doesn't come with the questions about work ethics or character concerns. Every mock draft had him going in the 2nd or 3rd round and considered him an underrated prospect. I have several friends from Florida who are diehard Gators fans and they believe that he was a more disruptive force than Dunlap actually.

Last edited:
You forgot to do the spikes is a bust thread. As this guy and spikes met the coach together and had to do the X and O together as a package obviously he is a bust too.

Idk how anyone could possibly know if he's a bust or not at this point in time.

Last edited:
Totally a bust. He hasn't contributed anything to this team at all since he was drafted!

YouTube - Jermaine Cunningham highlights Florida vs Mississippi State

Pats will seriously regret passing on Jerry Hughes and not trading up to get Graham.

Another draft, another year without the OLB we need.

As mentioned numerous times now, Hughes' agent was Tom Condon/CAA sports. We do not deal with Condon/CAA sports, and haven't since Ben Watson became the only Patriot ever to hold of TC as a rookie.

I suspect that Jerry Hughes was never even remotely considered.

Now I understand Hughes was your Binky, but Cunningham is mine! And as bad as you feel thats how good I feel! There are winners and losers today and until he messes up I win and you lose! HAHAHAHAHA

Taking Hughes in the 1st round would have been a huge waste. He would only have played on 3rd and long situations as he's too small to hold up in our system. You don't take aguy who can only play on 3rd down in the 1st round. I'm sure we may have considered Hughes at the bottom of the 2nd if he was there. Cunningham will be able to play all 3 downs and is big enough to play the run and get after the passer. Is he going to get 10 sacks a year? Maybe not but he will be an all-round solid OLB for us. He was clearly given a glowing review from Urban Meyer

At least he's better that Dunlop.

What a terrible post. That was ONE youtube video from ONE game the guy played and is incredibly useless in evaluating a player. What if I just posted some highlights from the game the Pats played last year against the Panthers. There was a certain receiver in that game, #81 I believe, who looked like he may have been 7th round to UDFA material...

Like many people on this board, you fail to realize that players like Graham and Hughes are too short for our two-gap 3-4 scheme, which requires taller, longer OLBs to set the edge in the run game. This is why BB has often spoken in the past about finding the 6'3-6'5 guys who run in the 4.6 range (Cunnigham: 6'3 266 lbs 4.68 40). Hughes and Graham both went to one-gap 4-3 teams. You obviously are too dumb or lazy to realize that successful scouting in the NFL is scheme specific. That or someone is just a wittle cwanky because they didn't get there binkies. wa wa wa.

Please tell me exactly what the relationship is between height and setting the edge. I'm very curious why a 6'2 can't do it but a 6'3 guy can.

Please tell me exactly what the relationship is between height and setting the edge. I'm very curious why a 6'2 can't do it but a 6'3 guy can.

Hughes isn't 6'2..

1 - The NFL says you're wrong.

National Football League: NFL Draft 2010 - Jerry Hughes

2 - I'd still like to know what the exact relationship is with high and edge setting ability.

COMBINE says I'm correct.

Jerry Huges - 6'1 6/8" tall.

NFL.COM rounded up.... It's very well known.
Draft Countdown - 2010 NFL Draft | Outside Linebacker Rankings

As for the relationship information you're looking for, why not go and research it, not that I agree with what the person said..

COMBINE says I'm correct.

Jerry Huges - 6'1 6/8" tall.

NFL.COM rounded up.... It's very well known.
Draft Countdown - 2010 NFL Draft | Outside Linebacker Rankings

As for the relationship information you're looking for, why not go and research it, not that I agree with what the person said..

Oh yes, that 1/4 of an inch, well that settles it, the guy's a damn midget.

As for researching it, the one who states a premise is the one responsible for proving it. I think it's complete BS that people simply accept as gospel because they've heard a bunch of "experts" state it, much like the necessity for a QB to be 6'4 and taller even though Montana, Young, and Kurt Warner were all 6'2 and Drew Brees is just 6ft.

Last edited:
Whilst I think Cunningham is a complete liability against the run, you could at least wait for the kid to get on the field. Honestly, the site is going downhill rapidly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes