PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jeremy Shockey may be traded for a 2nd rounder, should the Patriots join in interest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Jeremy Shockey may be traded for a 2nd rounder -Should the Patriots join in inter

Currently his career is defined by the Giants becoming better after he got hurt and his attitude was removed from their offensive huddle.

Why would anyone give a 2nd round pick for that?

Well put. (ten char.)

Re: Jeremy Shockey may be traded for a 2nd rounder -Should the Patriots join in inter

I agree with you 100% cousin.I was mocked pretty good last week for suggesting the same.

I missed that.
Let me add my belated mock to the list.

I wouldn't take Shockey if the Giants gave me THEIR 2nd round pick. He's been over-rated his entire career. Nothing he does is worth his arrogant, attitude. If Giants get a 2nd round pick for him, that would be a bigger steal than Pats getting Moss for a 4th.

Despite being a jerk, he's primarily a receiver. Unless they let Brady throw two footballs at a time, we need a blocking tight end.

shockey is a loser.

Currently his career is defined by the Giants becoming better after he got hurt and his attitude was removed from their offensive huddle.

Why would anyone give a 2nd round pick for that?
Obviously you don't know the rules here. Every time there is a rumor that a player might be traded, it is a requirement that someone immediately post and say we should trade a first for him if he is a JAG, or a second if the Pats would be better off without him.

I was mocked pretty good last week for suggesting the same.
Not good enough, evidently....

Obviously you don't know the rules here. Every time there is a rumor that a player might be traded, it is a requirement that someone immediately post and say we should trade a first for him if he is a JAG, or a second if the Pats would be better off without him.

Well, That's the nature of a forum like this.

Re: Jeremy Shockey may be traded for a 2nd rounder, should the Patriots join in inter

screw shockey...too much money...unless he'd come for less

Im psyched to get Thomas back

Im hoping Watson will be ready after the surg

Re: Jeremy Shockey may be traded for a 2nd rounder, should the Patriots join in inter

I wouldn't want Shockey. Eli Manning has to beg him every year to do the off season conditioning program and get in some work, and many years he doesn't even show up. Then he cries when he doesn't get the ball enough (remember all his crying that he didn't want to be a blocking TE?). He gets banged up more than Watson. The "experts" marveled all last year that the Giants offense got much better and more consistent the minute he went down.

In short, a bad-attitude, injury prone ball hog who upsets the offense rather than makes it better. No thanks.

I wouldn't want Shockey. Eli Manning has to beg him every year to do the off season conditioning program and get in some work, and many years he doesn't even show up. Then he cries when he doesn't get the ball enough (remember all his crying that he didn't want to be a blocking TE?). He gets banged up more than Watson. The "experts" marveled all last year that the Giants offense got much better and more consistent the minute he went down.

In short, a bad-attitude, injury prone ball hog who upsets the offense rather than makes it better. No thanks.

like Randy Moss....huh?

like Randy Moss....huh?
Good one. Be careful you'll hurt the feelings of the Hitler youth.
DW toys

like Randy Moss....huh?

I must have missed the time when Randy got hurt and his team got not just better but much better.

Apparently the Saints are interested in Shockey and may give up a 2nd round pick which is what the Giants are reported to be asking for trading his services away.

Should the Patriots join N.O. in interest for this veteran former all-pro TE?

With a gimpy and inconsistent Watson and an unproven David Thomas I think it is well worth letting a 2nd rounder go and maybe even throw in a 7th rounder or maybe a late rounder in 2009 to juice it up a bit.

And it would also free up looking for a TE in this years draft which is very thin of talent at that position.

What are they asking for Osi Umenyora??

Shockey is a stupid idiot.

I don't want any stupid idiots on this team. Not now. not ever.

The guy IS a beast.

If he drinks a whole lot of our kool aid and takes a below market deal......he gets a chance to win a real ring for himself, right here.

I doubt he would drink up - but if he did, why not??

The guy IS a beast.

If he drinks a whole lot of our kool aid and takes a below market deal......he gets a chance to win a real ring for himself, right here.

I doubt he would drink up - but if he did, why not??

I am not as worried about his attitude as I am about his ablity to block. I think it would be a whole lot easier to be a jerk and have a big ego in New York and in the Giants locker room with guys like strahan, Tiki, and a young Eli than it would in new england with Tommy. If Brady took him under his wing the way he did with Moss than it would be tough for him to be the ass he was. But can he block?

Unlike many of you guys I would love to have Shockey and would not think twice about giving up our seventh round pick in 2050 for him.

Shockey CAN block, but no more than averagely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back