PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jeremy Mincey....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots4Ever

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
With the talk now about Tedy being out for a while.I got to wondering..Where is Mincey in all this? I know he was out due to injury early on in camp.Has his status changed at all?Reason being,At this point I think we would love to think that ILB won't be Vrabel and Beisel going into the season,I was hoping Mincey could get some reps at OLB so that maybe we can try Tully Banta-Cain Inside along with Beisel.I do think we all know that Mike did a great job inside last year but he excels outside.Though from what I know of the 3-4 the ILB tend to be the playcallers.Just speculation of different combinations here...Not saying I Think BB would do anything that drastic..

I've been asking about the guy as well. I haven't read one single article or report about his presence in training camp. I'm getting the feeling he will be going the way of Claridge, welcome to I.R. Mincey.

From BB's PV 8-6-06

Q: How does Jeremy Mincey look so far? Does he look like he's having a little success making the adjustment to linebacker?

BB: Yeah. He's certainly come a ways from where he was in the spring and even at the start of camp. He definitely has a long way to go, but he's making progress and he is working hard. He is a tough kid. He is in good condition. He has been out there everyday, so he has gotten better everyday. But still the whole pass coverage thing for any player that is making that conversion from down to on their feet, it's usually a considerable process that they have to go through and really understanding formations and routes and run pass keys and things like that. But he is definitely getting better. He is a big, physical kid. We'll give him a chance in there and see what he can do in the kicking game and see how that relates to how his development is coming along on special teams. There are a lot of guys who are kind of in that same boat, especially at that position at linebacker and the secondary. A lot of guys kind of fall into that category.

I think a guy like Roach or Gardner is more likely to help our LB situation than a rookie low round draft choice changing positions. I hope we can at least keep him on the practice squad though.

I suspect that we'll be seeing a healthy dose of Mincy on friday night. These are the games that start to establish the pecking order as we get closer to the Bills.
I hope this kid sticks.

I suspect that we'll be seeing a healthy dose of Mincy on friday night. These are the games that start to establish the pecking order as we get closer to the Bills.
I hope this kid sticks.
-------
me too..thanks for the info folks...

My hope is that Mincey and Roach show enough to make the team and see little bursts of action throughout the season so that, by this time NEXT year we may have some legitimate YOUNG options at LB in the future. That is, IMO, the best-case scenario while remaining realistic.

If I were using a second-day pick on a DE-OLB project, I would have taken Freddie Roach's teammate, Mark Anderson, at Gostkowski's spot. He is a better athlete and was more productive for a better defense. He also had a terrific combine in drills that indicated he could make the DE to OLB switch.
Staying in Mincey's spot, I would have gone with C Greg Eslinger. But if I had to pick a DE-OLB, I would have gone with local yokel Ryan LaCasse.
Let's hope that Mr.Mincey proves me wrong, on both counts.

Some here would ahve picked Freddie Roach.

captain stone said:
If I were using a second-day pick on a DE-OLB project, I would have taken Freddie Roach's teammate, Mark Anderson, at Gostkowski's spot. He is a better athlete and was more productive for a better defense. He also had a terrific combine in drills that indicated he could make the DE to OLB switch.
Staying in Mincey's spot, I would have gone with C Greg Eslinger. But if I had to pick a DE-OLB, I would have gone with local yokel Ryan LaCasse.
Let's hope that Mr.Mincey proves me wrong, on both counts.

captain stone said:
I would have taken Freddie Roach's teammate, Mark Anderson, at Gostkowski's spot. He is a better athlete and was more productive for a better defense.
Yeah, I have Gostlowski way down on the MLB depth chart myself :D

Last edited:
mgteich said:
Some here would ahve picked Freddie Roach.

At Mincey's spot, in the 6th round? I can see that. Perhaps also Kai Parham of Al Groh's UVA. Unless AG told BB to stay away, maybe. I wonder what he told him about Ahmad Brooks...
Good on the pats for signing Freddie as an UDFA; I just wish that they would be more aggressive at signing more quality UDFAs. And no, Matt Shelton and Erik Davis do not qualify as "quality".

captain stone said:
At Mincey's spot, in the 6th round? I can see that. Perhaps also Kai Parham of Al Groh's UVA. Unless AG told BB to stay away, maybe. I wonder what he told him about Ahmad Brooks...
Good on the pats for signing Freddie as an UDFA; I just wish that they would be more aggressive at signing more quality UDFAs. And no, Matt Shelton and Erik Davis do not qualify as "quality".

Kai Parham was actually released this week by the Cowboys.

pats1 said:
Kai Parham was actually released this week by the Cowboys.

Thanks, Pats1; I missed that one. They must be happy with the progress of Oliver Hoyte, another UDFA ILB.
I wouldn't mind if the pats brought in Parham, not only for competition, but for just-in-case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes