PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jeremy Mincey (any word on his mini camp?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrTibbs

In the Starting Line-Up
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything about Mincey's mini camp? Has he looked lost or is he taking everything in? Any reports out there?

MrTibbs said:
Has anyone heard anything about Mincey's mini camp? Has he looked lost or is he taking everything in? Any reports out there?
I vaguely remember hearing somebody say he was a little disappointing. Sorry not to have any decent reference to go with that as to where I heard it.

The only thing I saw was this question to PFW but it won't answer your question :

http://www.patriots.com/news/index.cfm?ac=generalnewsdetail&pid=19601&pcid=41

"I was wondering if any of the rookie linebackers distinguished themselves at the recent mini-camp. Specifically, Corey Mays, Jeremy Mincey, Freddie Roach or Pierre Woods.
**** Hurley

Short answer – no. None of the young linebackers really got a lot of reps, especially with the top couple groups of defenders. I would say they are all in a similar group of prospects who will really have to standout in training camp and the preseason in order to earn a role with the team this fall. If you pinned me down, I would say Mincey has the best chance to emerge from the group but that could be a season or so down the road. I think he’s an intriguing prospect on the outside as he makes the transition from playing with his hand down as a defensive end to a completely new role as a standup outside linebacker.
Andy Hart"

I read that, too, and I think heard them say so on the radio broadcast - 'though I might be making that up. Not so much that Mincey and the others were bad, just that they're so raw they didn't get many reps. We've got to get guys like Claridge, Beisel, Banta-Cain, etc... reps before those guys.

Think of it this way - Beisel was horrendous last year and he's been in the NFL for years. Bruschi took 3 years to make the transition. Those rookies have to show they can play some nasty S/T's and learn on the job, as far as transitioning to playing on their feet.

BelichickFan said:
The only thing I saw was this question to PFW but it won't answer your question :

http://www.patriots.com/news/index.cfm?ac=generalnewsdetail&pid=19601&pcid=41

"I was wondering if any of the rookie linebackers distinguished themselves at the recent mini-camp. Specifically, Corey Mays, Jeremy Mincey, Freddie Roach or Pierre Woods.
**** Hurley

Short answer – no. None of the young linebackers really got a lot of reps, especially with the top couple groups of defenders. I would say they are all in a similar group of prospects who will really have to standout in training camp and the preseason in order to earn a role with the team this fall. If you pinned me down, I would say Mincey has the best chance to emerge from the group but that could be a season or so down the road. I think he’s an intriguing prospect on the outside as he makes the transition from playing with his hand down as a defensive end to a completely new role as a standup outside linebacker.
Andy Hart"

Thanks, thats pretty much was I was looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes