PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jeremy Jarmon

Agreed on both statements.

I assume that a supp pick counts against the future year's rookie cap?
Since the cost starts this year, I assume they adjust the Skins rookie cap accordingly and just bill the third round pick to next year.

Regarding Jeremy Jarmon I saw this little nugget on rotoworld,
According to NFL Insider Adam Schefter, the Eagles, Bucs, Saints, Lions and Patriots all put in fourth-round claims. The Redskins did their homework and had Jarmon's value pegged accurately.
It's hard to say they did there "homework" I think its a case of the skins wanted him more and decided to pull the trigger. I would have been satisfied giving up a 4th because it would have been good value clearly more teams thought that too but a 3rd not so much I mean look how much versatility our 3rds got us this year.

Since the cost starts this year, I assume they adjust the Skins rookie cap accordingly and just bill the third round pick to next year.

That's what the CBA says.

It's hard to say they did there "homework" I think its a case of the skins wanted him more and decided to pull the trigger. I would have been satisfied giving up a 4th because it would have been good value clearly more teams thought that too but a 3rd not so much I mean look how much versatility our 3rds got us this year.

Keep in mind, though, that, given the Redskins' offer, the Patriots would probably have needed to offer a second to win the auction; even if the Redskins had only offered a fourth, the Lions' fourth would certainly have trumped the Patriots'. [The supplemental draft is screwy, and does not use the order of the regular draft.]

Plus, of course, we're assuming that BB did, in fact, put in a bid; remember Schefter no longer has the NFL handing him info on a silver platter.

Last edited:
Regarding Jeremy Jarmon I saw this little nugget on rotoworld,

I guess we are left with Burgess from Oakland if they want to improve the OLB position. That is three swings and misses my by count Taylor, Ellis and now Jarmon (although he may have played more with his hand down).

It is like 2007 when the Patriots traded for Welker and Moss and then cut Caldwell to totally rebuild their WR core and people still would say the 2006 WRs were not an issue. OLB is a below average NFL unit and ILB is not far behind. Thankfully the Pats have an excellent D Line and improved secondary.

Last edited:
I guess we are left with Burgess from Oakland if they want to improve the OLB position. That is three swings and misses my by count Taylor, Ellis and now Jarmon (although he may have played more with his hand down).

FWIW, by the measurables Jarmon is pretty much a Jarvis Green clone:

Jarmon 6'3.1" 278 4.78 31"
Green 6'3.1" 272 4.87 31"

FWIW, by the measurables Jarmon is pretty much a Jarvis Green clone:

Jarmon 6'3.1" 278 4.78 31"
Green 6'3.1" 272 4.87 31"

That didn't help my argument / rant so I left it out... I was thinking the same thing.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back