Jeremy Green: Jaguars' defense a disappointment

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrTibbs

In the Starting Line-Up
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
It wouldn't surprise me if he predicts that Indy will definately win next sunday too.

I love the scouting rationale. I said they could do it. So when they don't I throw them under the bus as both lacking talent and lacking physicality - and for good measure I blame the approach. Sure, the should have blitzed more...it was a .500 play for them with 1 sack and 1 40+ yard completion...they picked their poison and shut Randy and the mid to deep passing game down for most of the night. Only they couldn't simultaneously stop the run and the screen and keep their third eye on the TE...

When evaluating the teams we match up against it's worthwhile to consider that the teams they compiled 12 wins against weren't us, or even the banged up Colts. In assessing players and teams performances, that often gets overlooked in the hazy glow of hype.

The JAGS will give most teams in this league fits. They have a little ways to go before they can give the two teams at the top of the league fits.

This guy does not get it.....it was not a question of whether the Jags would lose but rather how the Jags would lose.

Del Rio chose to keep the game as close as possible hoping that the Pats would make mistakes his team could take advantage of. While some would say that is a stupid strategy it is in fact all the Jags could hang their hats on. If we beat ourselves they win.

Like Del Rio said after the game "unfortunately Tom Brady did not slip and fall on the way to work today."

The only way to keep it as close as possible was to not blitz and drop everyone into coverage, while assigning two or three guys to cover Moss......this freed up Maroney and forced TB to dink and dunk but it also slowed the game down and did not allow big plays to destroy the Jags confidence in themselves.

The only time they threw an all out blitz TB burned them for a 53 yd gain to Stallworth, so Del Rio's strategy was slow um down and hope.

Had the Jags played us the way they played the Steelers we would have blown them out like we did the Redskins.

Notice the constant burns in Green's article: "With an extra week to prepare, the Pats did an excellent job of mixing their seven- and eight-man fronts at the line of scrimmage, taking away the NFL's No. 2 run offense."

Earlier this week, I wrote about the Jacksonville Jaguars' having the right pieces to beat the New England Patriots, the best regular-season team in the history of the NFL

No Jeremy, you flat out said the Jaguars will beat the Patriots.

some people just can't admit they are wrong!

what a joke!

Another mediot with no sense of accountability. There about as useful as weathermen if you ask me.

Fwiw, Brady's qb rating against the blitz is higher than his regular qb rating.
I don't think the Jags had the secondary it takes to blitz that often and not give up too many big plays.

San Diego's D, the way they are playing could, as could Indy, if they're 100% healthy.

For a guy who bills himself as a scout, why is he surprised with how the Jags play defense? That is how they play. They aren't a team that blitzes and they didn't blitz last night.

I guess a "scout" who can't diagnose something so basic works for ESPN and not for an NFL team.

I've been listening to his Football Today podcasts for awhile and most of the season he has been very objective in his analysis which made it a good listen. It seems that recently he has bought into the idea of making strong opinionated statements to get attention good or bad. He really had a problem with Tampa Bay ans talked about wanting to see them get crushed by the Giants. His opinion on that game seemed to be even more emotional than what he was saying about the Pats.

Has anyone found his email address? In his Friday podcast he says to let him know if the Pats do win but I couldn't hear the address he provided.

More trash and excuses from Jeremy Green. How is it that Laurence Maroney ran for 50% more yards than the vaunted Jaguars rushing attack? Where was that tremendous Jaguars rush offense? How many field goals did the Jaguars special teams miss? How many interceptions did the overrated Jaguars defense drop?

Jeremy Green is nothing more than a piece of journalistic trash!

here's what I just posted in the comments section of the article:

I would have at least had some respect for Mr. Green if he had merely been man enough to say "I was wrong". There would be no shame in that.

However, he went Clemens/Bonds on it. Why can't anyone just be honest in this day and age?

Jeremy, being wrong about the game doesn't lessen you in my eyes. Not be honest and owning up to it does.

No Jeremy, you flat out said the Jaguars will beat the Patriots.

EXACTLY Disco!! You summed up Green's folly up in this simple statement. He was wrong....WAY WRONG, period!! Stand up like a man for God's sake and tell us "I was wrong, the Patriots are better than I thought"

I hate cowards.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye