PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jeremy Ebert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avenger

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Anybody else see that amazing catch he had during today's practice?
Jeremy Ebert Amazing Catch - YouTube
you may have to wait a few minutes for it to be live, it is uploading as I am posting it here.

it is now live

You could have told me it was a video of TB throwing an INT and I wouldn't have known the difference. Must be going blind, sorry.

I'l take your word for it...:cool:

I saw this one pixel run by this other pixel.

It was awesome.

the video quality got severely downgraded when it uploaded to youtube unfortunately

the video quality got severely downgraded when it uploaded to youtube unfortunately

Yeah I was teasing. We do appreciate the effort!

Anybody else see that amazing catch he had during today's practice?.
Looks like you need a zoom lens.

From what I could see there was a good press coverage that he broke. I'm not surprised about what this guy can do. In fact I wonder if he's not an automatic PS guy. I mean given the depth at the position. But he could be really outstanding if given a chance.

Looks like you need a zoom lens.

From what I could see there was a good press coverage that he broke. I'm not surprised about what this guy can do. In fact I wonder if he's not an automatic PS guy. I mean given the depth at the position. But he could be really outstanding if given a chance.

I filmed it with my phone, it shows up pretty well on my computer though. I'm going to re-cut it and stabilize the image better and see if I can get it to digitally zoom in for a closer up shot.

In fact I wonder if he's not an automatic PS guy. I mean given the depth at the position. But he could be really outstanding if given a chance.

I hope he shows enough that BB is forced to keep him on the 53. This team needs a receiver who's under 30 and under contract for next season.

I hope he shows enough that BB is forced to keep him on the 53. This team needs a receiver who's under 30 and under contract for next season.
That and if they released him and he fell to the Jets it would be a bad gift that would keep on giving for years to come.

Except they don't have a QB.

Oh well, never mind.

Full-screening the video did the trick for me. And yeah, incredible catch. For those with old eyes and small screen, Ebert tipped it in the air twice before leaping and catching it with one hand over the defender. Defender was all over him.

impressive catch there.

REally tight coverage.

I'm an Ebert fan myself and hope he does enough to stick on the final 53. Edelman isn't showing much right now in game situations and we have no one who is really much of a developmental prospect the right side of 30 years old...which is a worry.

His numbers are impressive...good production for a Big Ten receiver, very impressive numbers at his pro day for NW...and I think he'll wind up a better receiver than Edelman myself. He's got the speed and agility to provide a presence on special teams and he's a slightly taller, much faster Wes Welker. His impressive speed could make him a poor man's Mike Wallace on the outside. If he develops nicely.

I'm not so sure this guy will clear Waivers for us. We have to make room for a developmental receiver and I think he's perfect to give a shot.

I'm not even sure Edelman is much of a lock myself. He's a tweener...they aren't hard to find on the waiver wire.

Last edited:
I'm not even sure Edelman is much of a lock myself. He's a tweener...they aren't hard to find on the waiver wire.

Tell us more about what you don't know....

Tell us more about what you don't know....

What I do know is Edelman does a lot of things good, but not one thing great. That is the definition of a tweener my friend. I was one of them when I played. That makes you expendable. Edelman has shown us brief flashes but not a lot else at WR and he's got a lot to prove this year if he makes the roster in a contract year...time is running out and we haven't got a lot of time to mess about at WR.

Last edited:
What I do know is Edelman does a lot of things good, but not one thing great. That is the definition of a tweener my friend. I was one of them when I played. That makes you expendable. Edelman has shown us brief flashes but not a lot else at WR and he's got a lot to prove this year if he makes the roster in a contract year...time is running out and we haven't got a lot of time to mess about at WR.

Ah, in the States "tweener" usually has to do with the size of the player not meeting the usual standards of the position not skill or ability expectations.

I'm just saying before you throw Edelman out with the bath water you better have a plan at ST's.

This roster has a slew of WR's that can only play WR.

Ah, in the States "tweener" usually has to do with the size of the player not meeting the usual standards of the position not skill or ability expectations.

I'm just saying before you throw Edelman out with the bath water you better have a plan at ST's.

This roster has a slew of WR's that can only play WR.

It relates to size not defining a player with a specific role....which I mix in with ability too personally and, unless he shows something more at WR, he's just that; a tweeter who helps here and there and has a defined role n special teams.

As for a backup plan on special teams, I have no concerns with Ebert filling his role if he can prove to be a better WR too.

His pro day numbers:

4.38 40-yard dash
6.70 3-cone (would have ranked him 3rd at the combine amongst WRs)
16 reps at 225lbs.

Posted solid numbers I the vertical, broad jump and his other shuttles. Scouts seemed impressed with his route running and safe hands during his workout too.

Now given his production in the Big Ten, I'm surprised he didn't get more attention. However, he did enough to sneak into the later rounds of the draft.

If he can prove to be more of a commodity and future prospect than Edelman at WR, who has underwhelmed for me despite brief flashes dating back mainly to the 2009 season, then I'd take Ebert personally. He'll more than capably return kicks for you with those numbers.

A leading indicator that Ebert might displace Edelman would be to see Ebert retuning punts at camp. Has yet to happen. BB is a bit conservative with his choice of PRs.

A leading indicator that Ebert might displace Edelman would be to see Ebert retuning punts at camp. Has yet to happen. BB is a bit conservative with his choice of PRs.

Go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes